This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Digimon MMO

Comments

• YES. YES. YES. DO WANT.

I finally kicked my MMO addiction, then they pull me right back in!

Must...Evolve...Terriermon...Gah...
  • Cool, but can I say the character models look kind crappy? From the movie, they didn't do a great job turning the 2D designs into 3D, for the noses look odd to me.
  • I'll agree with you on the noses. But I think the animation for the Digimon is spot on, which is really what counts in my opinion.
  • The monsters are great, it's the human characters that look slightly wack to me.
  • Yeah, like I said, the humans aren't done very well. I mean, they got parts of them right, but the faces do look odd. I really don't care much about how they made them look though, I'm more interested in the Digimon...
  • I am all about this. As a Digimon fan, I must play!

Maybe if it's successful Nintendo will finally do a Pokemon MMO. ....Yes, I am on crack for saying that!

Maybe if it's successful Nintendo will finally do a Pokemon MMO. ....Yes, I am on crack for saying that!
    As a Digimon fan, I hate saying this, but a Pokemon MMO would be better than a Digimon MMO.
    All's this fulfills is my desire for more Digimon. Maybe this could build up hype for Season Six? I think I'm on crack now too.
  • edited February 2010
    I am all about this. As a Digimon fan, I must play!

As a Digimon fan, I hate saying this, but a Pokemon MMO would be better than a Digimon MMO.
    All's this fulfills is my desire for more Digimon. Maybe this could build up hype for Season Six? I think I'm on crack now too.
    Yeah, I agree with you on the PokeMMO over DigiMMO.

I, too want a season six, but not if it's like season 5.
    Post edited by Viga on

I dunno, as I've said before, I kinda liked Savers. But I would hope they'd try something else, like the transition from 02 to Tamers. I want to see them do something cool, and maybe after 4 and 5 that will be a more traditional show...

I dunno, as I've said before, I kinda liked Savers. But I would hope they'd try something else, like the transition from 02 to Tamers. I want to see them do something cool, and maybe after 4 and 5 that will be a more traditional show...
    Yeah! I really miss just kids and digimon hanging out and adventuring. It was made Adventure and 02 so great. Tamers was cool since they were fighting in "our world." Fourth season was okay, but I prefer the later half of it.

Yeah! I really miss just kids and digimon hanging out and adventuring. It was made Adventure and 02 so great. Tamers was cool since they were fighting in "our world." Fourth season was okay, but I prefer the later half of it.
    I don't like Fourth at all. After Koichi it was decent, but up until that point it was unbearable, just a really bad henshin show, monster-of-the-week kinda thing. I mean, even Adventure had a plot within the first...10 episodes...02 and Tamers had big, long-running plots from the beginning. Frontier just...I dunno. I guess that's the problem with Savers too, it's too all over the place.
  • edited February 2010
    This seems like it's going to kind of suck because the Digimon games kind of suck. A PokeMMO would rule because the Pokemon games rule.

Also, I think I'm one of the few people who really liked the fourth season and really hated the second.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • Yeah, Sail, you're right. 02 is my second-favorite season after Tamers...
    But everyone's entitled to their opinions. I imagine you saw Frontier first, so the rest of the seasons were confusing.
  • I imagine you saw Frontier first, so the rest of the seasons were confusing.
    Err, no. I saw it from the beginning.
  • I imagine you saw Frontier first, so the rest of the seasons were confusing.
    Err, no. I saw it from the beginning.
    Oh...Never mind then.
  • Yeah, I'm just a freak.
  • Nah, it's cool. As someone who whines about being entitled to his opinion all the time, I'd be a total douche if I told you your opinion was wrong.
  • I'd be a total douche if I told you your opinion was wrong.
    Well, I guess I'm a total douche then. I tell people that their opinions are wrong all the time.
  • I'd be a total douche if I told you your opinion was wrong.
    Well, I guess I'm a total douche then. I tell people that their opinions are wrong all the time.
    Yeah, you are. No offense, you're tons of fun in person. But the definition of opinion means it can't be wrong. An opinion can be unfounded, but it's never wrong. It is truly what that person believes. I tell people their opinions are wrong as a joke sometimes, but you're allowed to think whatever you want as long as you don't hurt anyone.
  • edited February 2010
    An opinion can be unfounded, but it's never wrong.
    Bullshit. Holocaust deniers are wrong. The Klu Klux Klan is wrong. Creationists are wrong. You can think whatever you want, but that doesn't make it non-falsifiable. And apparently you are wrong...see how it works?
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • edited February 2010
    What, exactly, is the difference between "unfounded" and "wrong"? It seems like one lends itself to the other.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • The Klu Klux Klan's opinion isn't wrong. An opinion is what a person believes. They truly believe that non-White people are horrible.

The reasoning behind that opinion, however, is based on false evidence and prejudices. Thus, unfounded. Their opinion is right, in that it is what they believe. But it is unfounded, because it isn't based on anything that makes it credible.

I don't agree with them, obviously, and I hate them too, but they're allowed to think that if they want to. It's when they hurt people that I have a problem with them.
  • Their opinion is right, in that it is what they believe.
    This makes no logical sense. You are just begging the question.
  • Their opinion is right, in that it is what they believe.
    This makes no logical sense. You are just begging the question.
    Not really. An opinion is what someone believes. There's no right or wrong about that. A person either believes something, or they don't. The validity of their opinion, it's basis, and use in real life have nothing to do with such obligatory statements as right or wrong. You say an opinion is wrong because you believe the things it's based on are incorrect. Therefore, the opinion is not wrong, rather the evidence is wrong and the opinion is unfounded.
  • In my opinion, penguins can fly, the sky is a mottled green, and Heidi Klum is my wife.
  • That proves absolutely nothing. That is my point exactly. Opinions are simply what someone believes. If you honestly believed that, it's your opinion. It's not right or wrong, it's just an opinion.
  • edited February 2010
    Opinions are simply what someone believes.
    No. Opinions are subjective by definition, hence they cannot be right or wrong. On the other hand, beliefs may or may not be subjective. Opinions are beliefs, but beliefs are not necessarily opinions.
    Indeed, if we accept that the only absolute truth is "I think, therefore I am" then everything else is subjective and hence cannot be right or wrong.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • Opinions are simply what someone believes.
    No. Opinions are subjective by definition, hence they cannot be right or wrong. On the other hand, beliefs may or may not be subjective. Opinions are beliefs, but beliefs are not necessarily opinions.
    Indeed, if we accept that the only absolute truth is "I think, therefore I am" then everything else is subjective and hence cannot be right or wrong.
    Yeah, basically. That's pretty much my point...I wouldn't take it that far, but I wouldn't disagree with what you said.
  • Opinions are subjective by definition, hence they cannot be right or wrong.
    But, as we've stated before, opinions with no backing are worthless. They may not be "wrong," but they're still effectively nonentities unworthy of discussion.
  • Opinions are subjective by definition, hence they cannot be right or wrong.
    But, as we've stated before, opinions with no backing are worthless. They may not be "wrong," but they're still effectively nonentities unworthy of discussion.
    Yes, I don't deny this.But they're not wrong, and people still use the word. Wrong is too absolute to describe an opinion, and an opinion is not absolute because it is subjective. It based on what we perceive, and everyone perceives differently. And over time, we perceive different things. Therefore, opinions can very, very easily change, and therefore, like I said, not absolute. I don't care if you want to tell me my opinion is worthless, but don't say it's wrong, because that statement is wrong. An opinion can't be right or wrong, and that's something that has always bothered me.