This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Steam UI Update

edited February 2010 in Video Games
They've updated the Steam UI (currently in beta release). What's interesting is that they are moving from an IE based client to one using Chromium Embedded Framework.

Comments

• they are moving from an IE based client to one using Chromium Embedded Framework.
    Well, that certainly sounds good.
  • edited February 2010
    Looks awesome and handles pretty well but it doesn't have the mini game-list feature.
    Post edited by usrName on
  • Looks awesome and handles pretty well but it doesn't have the mini-game list feature.
    What do you mean?
  • I think he means mini game-list.
  • edited February 2010
    Looks awesome and handles pretty well but it doesn't have the mini-game list feature.
    What do you mean?
    There used to be a way to have a narrow list of all the games you own (Favorites, installed, uninstalled). It was the same as the regular list, but narrower, more compact, and it only showed the title of the game, not the metascore, etc. I never really used it.

EDIT: Semi-relevant XKCD
    Post edited by trogdor9 on
  • There used to be a way to have a narrow list of all the games you own (Favorites, installed, uninstalled). It was the same as the regular list, but narrower, more compact, and it only showed the title of the game, not the metascore, etc. I never really used it.
    This exists. In fact, you can even create your own category lists for further granularity if you want. Have an RTS category, an FPS category, etc. Then just select from the drop down which category you want to display.
  • This exists. In fact, you can even create your own category lists for further granularity if you want. Have an RTS category, an FPS category, etc. Then just select from the drop down which category you want to display.
    This is what I mean:
  • edited February 2010
    Yeah, I know. This is what I mean:

EDIT: Oooooh you mean a separate pop-out window for just your games, similar to your friends pop-out.
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • I love it, but it's super buggy and fucked up my MW2 install. I hope they can fix all the bugs and release it soon. Anyone know of a date yet?

• EDIT: Oooooh you mean a separate pop-out window for just your games, similar to your friends pop-out.
    Yes