This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Patlabor 2: the movie

edited July 2008 in Anime
Has far has the movies go Patlabor 2 the movie is the best of what Patlabor has to offer. I love the deep Political and social stuff in it. The song Unnatural City by Kenji Kawai ready kicks butt. Just the parts alone when Shinobu Nagumo and Yukihito Tsuge are talking to each other makes it a movie worth watching.

The visuals are really good also. To me the Patlabor show and other two movies can’t hold a candle to Patlabor 2 the movie. I wonder why Rym and Scott haven’t done a GeekNights episode on Patlabor in general.

Comments

• All of Patlabor is awesome. Movies 1 and 2 are the most awesome.
  • All of Patlabor is awesome. Movies 1 and 2 are the most awesome.
    I just picked up both for $3.99 each. now I just gotta watch um.
  • I wonder why Rym and Scott haven’t done a GeekNights episode on Patlabor in general.
    I'm not sure they've seen anything other then the movies (and I'm not sure how many of the movies Rym has seen). I have all of Patlabor here and I've yet to watch it, but it's on my list.
  • I've seen those movies and the original OVA series. I enjoyed them immensely. I especially like the episode-long Gojira reference. I think it feels like a '70 cop show, but with giant robots instead of a cool sports car. Giant robot > Sports car, but not by much. I wonder if the television series is any good. I bet it is, but let me know.