This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Live PAX/Anime Boston Coverage

RymRym
edited March 2010 in Conventions
Suppose that we were able to stream live video coverage of a large convention like PAX, Anime Boston, or Otakon. Suppose too that we could also make the live content available again in a more polished form later (via uStream, Youtube, private file servers, etc...).

1. What sorts of coverage would you be most interested in? e.g., panels, interviews, commentary?
2. Which do you prefer: long, overarching reports, or shorter focused updates?
3. What is more important: fast coverage, or complete coverage?

Comments

• I really like the TWiP video coverage of the PMA and other live events. They god for focused, short and to the point coverage of things that they think is cool on the trade floor. Check it out:
    http://www.pixelcorps.tv/twip_134

If you keep each video under four minutes and release on a day for the few weeks afterward I think you'd get the best balance.

1. Things you find cool.
    2. Short and focused.
    3. Not fast, not complete, just interesting and relevant.
  • I really like the TWiP video coverage of the PMA and other live events.
    I'll check that out.

Obviously we're not promising anything yet. We're basically just in the early stages of upping our game, and happen to be doing so via a transparent process. ^_~
  • Panels.
    Long.
    Complete.

Could you just record your panels and make those episodes of Geeknights?
  • Could you just record your panels and make those episodes of Geeknights?
    But then Rym wouldn't have fans swooning to see him live.
  • Yea, just record your panels at conventions ESPECIALLY ONES THAT YOU HAVE RETIRED...
  • Could you just record your panels and make those episodes of Geeknights?
    But then Rym wouldn't have fans swooning to see him live.
    Plus, his fans who are at their computer /iPod/iPhone screens would be tearing their hair out seeing the fans who are actually at the panels swooning in front of him.