This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

HelloSilo presents "Week of Gaming" -- If you're in Boston between PAXeast and Anime Boston...

edited March 2010 in Conventions
So, my crew in Boston (HelloSilo) is going to host one or two game nights -- but hopefully one per night for the entire week -- between PAXeast and Anime Boston. Probably board games or LAN (Diablo 2, Starcraft, etc.), but we can also likely pull off video games if we can gather consoles.

If you're going to be in the Boston area between the conventions and have nothing to do, post a comment of interest in this thread so I can prepare.

- Alex

Comments

• Starcraft
    Can someone there teach me how to not completely suck balls at Starcraft so maybe I can get in on some Starcraft 2 when the time comes?
  • Can someone there teach me how to not completely suck balls at Starcraft so maybe I can get in on some Starcraft 2 when the time comes?
    Become Korean.
  • Become Korean.
    Kekekekekekeke zerg rush
  • Kekekekekekeke zerg rush
    Once I tried to Zerg rush against the computer which was also Zerg. My rush of Zergs was greeted by 3x the number of Zergs. I was clicking as fast as I could!
  • Starcraft
    Can someone there teach me how to not completely suck balls at Starcraft so maybe I can get in on some Starcraft 2 when the time comes?
    Probably my girlfriend. She's trying to make me practice in time for SC2. ^_^''
  • Once I tried to Zerg rush against the computer which was also Zerg. My rush of Zergs was greeted by 3x the number of Zergs. I was clicking as fast as I could!
    Yes, but don't forget, The computer is a cheating bastard.
  • OK, so due to the necessity of finishing my panels for Anime Boston, we'll probably only host 1 game night at my place in Harvard Square.

But I'm thinking this week, Wednesday night, from 8pm to midnight or 1:00 am.

Roll call here if people want to swing by my (fairly spacious) apartment for Dominion, Catan, Rock Band, StarCraft, Diablo, etc. etc.
  • I was clicking as fast as I could!
    Keyboard shortcuts are the key to competitive Starcraft.
  • Keyboard shortcuts are the key to competitive Starcraft.
    but you still have to click to tell guys where to go! I need a tutorial.
  • edited March 2010
    So... Game Night will be this Wednesday, starting at 8pm and going to midnight or whenever we finish.

Address is:
    11 Story St. Apt. 4
    Cambridge, MA 02138

Google Maps: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=11+Story+St,+Cambridge,+Massachusetts+02138&sll=42.373982,-71.122752&sspn=0.01414,0.033023&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=11+Story+St,+Cambridge,+Middlesex,+Massachusetts+02138&z=17&iwloc=A

Unfortunately, my phone broke at PAX, and I won't receive one til Friday. If you want to come (RSVP highly recommended, so I know who's coming), email me at alexleavitt@gmail.com. The apartment's on the first floor, so if you want to come over, you can probably just wave in through the window and buzz #4.

BTW: Parking is kind of limited, so if you're driving, you may have to spend a bit finding a spot. Otherwise, taking the T to Harvard Square on the Red Line is highly recommended (it's 40 seconds to my front door).
    Post edited by Alex Leavitt on
  • If it is not in an actual Silo, I am disappoint.
  • Dominion: Intrigue purchased for tomorrow night.
  • Does anyone know where you can buy alcohol? As much fun as the bar in the Sheraton is, it won't have anime playing in it.
  • Does anyone know where you can buy alcohol? As much fun as the bar in the Sheraton is, it won't have anime playing in it.
    In Harvard Square? Or elsewhere around Boston? I can recommend a few places.
  • In Harvard Square? Or elsewhere around Boston? I can recommend a few places.
    I'm more so wondering can I buy beer at a grocery store in MA.
  • In Harvard Square? Or elsewhere around Boston? I can recommend a few places.
    I'm more so wondering can I buy beer at a grocery store in MA.
    Unlikely. You can occasionally find beer and wine at corner stores, but practically never in a supermarket. But there are an abundance of liquor stores in Boston. Just make sure you have a second ID, because they can refuse all non-MA IDs (including passports -- yeah, weird) if they so choose, and sometimes they'll ask for 2 if it's not an MA driver's or liquor license.
  • Ummmmm, I don't have any ID other than my VA license and a passport. >_>
  • because they can refuse all non-MA IDs (including passports -- yeah, weird) if they so choose
    What store owner in their right mind would voluntarily turn away business just because the ID presented isn't from MA? Do they not recognize the existence of other states?
  • I'm more interested in rejecting a passport, are we not acknowledging the existence of the Union now?
  • It's weird and SUPER rare for it to occur, but I have had it happen to friends.

Also, if anyone's thinking of coming tonight, I got my phone, so you can send me a text: (781) 526 6483.
  • (including passports -- yeah, weird)
    Unless it's a foreign passport. I've flown through boston a few times, and never have I had my Australian Passport rejected, but I've seen people have US passports rejected.
  • All I have to say to this is fuck Boston.
  • You can occasionally find beer and wine at corner stores, but practically never in a supermarket.
    There's a large liquor selection at the grocery store next to the convention center. ;^)
  • That the trader joes?
  • That the trader joes?
    Shaw's.
  • Where be this Shaw's you speak of, I don't see it on google maps.