This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Archer, Justified, The Shield and other FX Origionals

edited April 2010 in Everything Else
Damages, Nip/Tuck, Sons of Anarchy,,,etc. They're all pretty damn good show from a network. That I don't like too much. I don't know why I don't like it. I just never pay it too much attention.

Which shows do you love, and which shows do you hate?

I'm super huge fan of Archer. I use to be be a huge fan of the Shield. Justified and Sons or Anarchy are good, but I don't plan my night around them. Nip/Tuck and Damages just don't do it for me.

Comments

• I loved Nip/Tuck. Something about it just had me hooked, I think it might have been the sheer fucked-up-ness of the show as a whole. Archer is also fantastic.

NOTE: You spelled Originals wrong in the title.
  • I was just explaining away a "UFO sighting" video on YouTube, explaining that these blobs floating around were all the same shape due to out of focus light speck passing through the same aperture. To demonstrate I cut a hole in a piece of paper and shone five lights through it, showing five identical spots on the wall.

When I actually looked at the paper, I realized it was a flier for Nip/Tuck, and that I'd cut a hole through the skin of the mostly naked female model.
  • Me and my brother are currently in the middle of watching The Shield. At the middle of Season 2, and it's really, REALLY an amazing show. It does surprise me though at how icky and dark it is willing to get for some of it's cases. But damn, while most of this characters in the show are some-type of evil, they are just amazing to watch. Makes me look forward to the rest of the 7 seasons.

Archer is funny and I'm glad it's getting the attention it deserves, coming from the same creators of Frisky Dingo/Sealab. Though I feel like at times, the bickering jokes last too long (Usually between Archer and Malory or Lana)

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia also gets credits, because it is literally laugh-out-loud funny. It has no shame and that's what makes it hilarious. Very quotable too.
  • Me and my brother are currently in the middle of watching The Shield. At the middle of Season 2, and it's really, REALLY an amazing show
    Same here.

I did watch The Shield when it came out, but stopped at the end of Season 3. I recently started rewatching the series, and I'm looking forward to finishing it.
  • I don't like Nip/Tuck, Damages, Sons of Anarchy, The Shield, or Archer. I haven't seen Justified, so I can't comment on it.
    Archer: It's the same joke over and over again. It was funny for 5 minutes, but then became repetitive and dull (much like Metalocolypse).
    Nip/Tuck: While often visually striking, this is just a fetish soap opera.
    Damages: Despite an excellent cast, this show is so over-the-top melodramatic that I just can't take any of it seriously, though it seems to be attempting to be "very serious" (much like a little child who is attempting to be serious, but is just blowing a situation out of proportion - it just comes out funny).
    Sons of Anarchy: I really wanted to like this show since Ron Perlman is in it, but is just doesn't offer much on any level. It is just a poorly written, predictable machismo soap opera.
    The Shield: I couldn't even get through one episode. Again, this series has a great aesthetic, but it tries too hard to be "gritty" and just comes out shitty.
  • I'm watching Justified with my dad, and it has a modern western feel. While there is action, the way the main character interacts with people using a bit of down home common sense, gives you a feel of the 50's tv westerns.
  • I did watch The Shield when it came out, but stopped at the end of Season 3. I recently started rewatching the series, and I'm looking forward to finishing it.
    The Shield has the best final 3 episodes of a show I've ever seen. It gets better and better. You haven't even got to Forest Whitaker yet!
  • I did watch The Shield when it came out, but stopped at the end of Season 3. I recently started rewatching the series, and I'm looking forward to finishing it.
    The Shield has the best final 3 episodes of a show I've ever seen. It gets better and better. You haven't even got to Forest Whitaker yet!
    That's one of the reasons I got into watching it. I heard it has one of the best series finales up there, on the level of the series finale of Six Feet Under. I don't know what it is, but if people are commonly saying the ending is fan-fucking tastic, it gives you the motive to watch through it.
  • The Shield has the best final 3 episodes of a show I've ever seen. It gets better and better. You haven't even got to Forest Whitaker yet!
    I think I remember him. Maybe I did see a few episodes when he was there. I do remember the Glen Close arc.
  • Someone recommended Archer to me. It sounded awesome. Then I tried to watch the pilot episode. Couldn't finish it. It was too dull. Nothing except poor dialogue and the occasional reference for a cheap laugh. Is every episode like that or does it get a better? And, if not, why the hell do people think it's good? If everyone says it gets amazing, I'll try again, but, otherwise, I don't think I could endure another test run.
  • Water? No, never touched the stuff. Fish fuck in it.