This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

So apparently it's Earth Day...

I'm burning extra gasoline today just to be spiteful*, what are you all doing?

*Not really, I normally don't drive anywhere, but tonight I have plans to go out.

Comments

• The only reason I remember when day Earth Day is is that my mom's birthday is on Earth Day.

Also, happy 12th anniversary Animal Kingdom!
  • Happy earth day, hippies. Now go take a shower, please.
    Absolutely stolen from fark.
  • I believe our school is having a party, and they are providing us with beer. This, of course, is very exciting to me personally. Other perks include a band that uses solar powered equipment (good thing it's sunny), our professors putting on a live performance of The Lorax, and general schmoozing.
  • Should we watch the Star Wars Holiday Special as a result?
  • *smokes some natural herbs grown in earth soil without the use of pesticides, only love*
  • Dear Earf:
    We luvs you, but not enough to drastically change our lifestyles for you.
    BFFs 4evah! LOL, not really, our dogs are our BFFs.
    - Da Humans
  • and they are providing us with beer
    "Celebrate the Earth by vomiting all over it!"
  • Today I will do all the Earth-conservationy things I do every day. Seriously, Earth Day reminds me of exactly what is wrong with the general attitude towards the environment. Doing something for one day doesn't matter. Reminds me of the old proverb: "Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, feed him for a lifetime."
  • Today I will do all the Earth-conservationy things I do every day. Seriously, Earth Day reminds me of exactly what is wrong with the general attitude towards the environment. Doing something for one day doesn't matter. Reminds me of the old proverb: "Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, feed him for a lifetime."
    Granted, Earth day is supposed to REMIND us that we should care about the earth, it really isn't meant to be the only day we care ^_^
  • edited April 2010
    What's a good liquor to celebrate Earth Day?*

*All my celebratory adventures have to do with a liquor. I recommend the long island for a goth club or various shots for conventions.
    Post edited by Viga on
  • This is a great day for me. I'm biking to my buddies house so I can go watch the NFL draft with them. From there, we plan on getting savagely drunk and eat awesome pizza at BJ's.
    Granted, Earth day is supposed to REMIND us that we should care about the earth, it really isn't meant to be the only day we care ^_^
    I know, that's what's sad about it.
  • Normally I don't do anything for Earth Day, but this year my college campus had a pretty legit little festival. Plenty of free samples of overpriced, organic foods (which combined formed a decent lunch) and a tie dye shirt stand.
    More importantly, there were some cool organizations providing information, including a local farm, a cooking class, and a company looking for volunteers to help install solar panels on buildings. A while back (after volunteering for a friend's community service landscaping project) I decided I'd look into doing more outdoor volunteer work and the fair helped deliver.
  • edited April 2010

Seem strangely appropriate.
    Post edited by La Petit Mort on
  • organic foods
    Greatest bullshit that idiots ever had to think up for other idiots. We're not getting anywhere as long as people think 'normal' food is not 'organic'.