This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Free Comic Book Day 2010

edited April 2010 in Everything Else
The list is up, not much to say other than "Mouse Guard is on the Gold list", which are the ones I assume every store will have?

Comments

• edited April 2010
    My comic shop always has plenty of every FCBD release, but you only get to choose five to take. I'm looking to get the Oni Press, The Tick, Atomic Robo, Owly and Friends, and Mouse Guard books.

Also looking forward to partaking in my shop's "stuff-as-many-comics-as-you-can-into-a-bag-for-$10" deal once again this year.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • edited April 2010
    My "store" (Newbury Comics) is letting you take one each of all of them, plus 5 for a $1 grab bags.
    Post edited by Neito on
  • What day is FCBD?
  • Tomorrow.
  • edited May 2010
    Our local Champaign shop gives us one of each, and you can raid the shelves for any other books you want. I almost never buy actual issues, so this should be fun.
    My "store" (Newbury Comics) is letting you take one each of all of them
    I've been to Newbury Comics. That place kicks obscene amounts of ass.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • My "store" (Newbury Comics) is letting you take one each of all of them
    I've been to Newbury Comics. That place kicks obscene amounts of ass.
    I agree. I only put store in quotes because it's more a music store now than a comic store.
  • I agree. I only put store in quotes because it's more a music store now than a comic store.
    Yeah, I found a copy of Marvel Zombies in hardcover there, as well as Aphex Twin's Classics on vinyl. The place needs a Chicago branch.
  • The only comic book store that I know for sure that will be doing FCBD is Heroes and Fantasies which is in San Antonio and I believe that the las time I went which was last year they required a $5 donation per comic after your first one. The many problems were:
    1. I live about 90 miles away from San Antonio
    2. The donations were for cbdlf but it was done pretty shady in the back with one guy holding a container.
    If I could go this year I would but I can't since I have to stand up in a friends wedding.
  • The comic book store I went to had it set up so that you get two comic books for free, and you get another for each additional purchase. I didn't feel like buying anything so I just got Mouse Guard and Atomic Robo. I wanted to get Owly, but they didn't have that one.
  • The store I went to had ten free comics per person, and so we got 17 comics or so between two people.
  • So has anyone else been running into a situation where the store, rather than the WarMachine Heroclix thing, has been giving away the various Lantern rings?
  • Our local store ended up not doing it, but they had a 50% off sale going on. I picked up DMZ Vol. 4 for $7.
  • i went to free comic book day. i'll put up a list of my treasures later.
  • So has anyone else been running into a situation where the store, rather than the WarMachine Heroclix thing, has been giving away the various Lantern rings?
    Mine had that, but they weren't giving them away. They're trying to nickel and dime nerds out of four bucks. Granted, they'd probably pay, but it's pretty expensive for some plastic.
  • Mine had that, but they weren't giving them away. They're trying to nickel and dime nerds out of four bucks. Granted, they'd probably pay, but it's pretty expensive for some plastic.
    Pretty disgusting since those rings are supposed to come free with certain comics.
  • I got almost everything available.
    So has anyone else been running into a situation where the store, rather than the WarMachine Heroclix thing, has been giving away the various Lantern rings?
    Yeah, It's been happening in April when I go to the stores. I got a violet ring somewhere around my apartment.
  • Pretty disgusting since those rings are supposed to come free with certain comics.
    Not necessarily - that was up to the store. The STORE got free rings for buying a certain amount of books of a certain title and issue, but they could do with them what they wish, including sell them.