This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

The Completely Derailed Evangelion 2.22 Thread

edited May 2010 in Anime
FIRE UP YOUR TORRENT CLIENT KIDDIES!!!! EVANGELION 2.22 IS HERE!!!!
Has anyone watched the full movie yet? I have the video DL'd and awaiting my viewing.

It's hard to find the English subtitles and the video as one so whisper me if you want a link to the subtitle file.

Comments

• It's hard to find the english subtitles and the video
    WHAHAHA​HAHAHA​HAHAHA​HAHAHA​HAHAHA​HAHAHA​HAHAHA​HAHAHA​HAHAHA​HAHAHA​HAHAHA​HAHAHA​HAHAHA​HAHAHA​HAHAHA​HAHAHA​HAHAHA​HAHAHA​HAHAHA​HAHAHA​HAHAHA​HAHAHA​HAHAHA​HAHAHA​HAHAHA​HAHAHA​HAHAHA​HAHAHA​HAHAHA​HAHAHA​HAHAHA​HAHAHA​HAHAHA​HAHAHA​HAHAHA​HAHAHA​HAHAHA​HAHAHA​HAHAHA​HAHAHA​HAHAHA​HAHAHA​HAHAHA​HAHAHA​HAHAHA​HAHAHA​HAHAHA​HAHAHA​HAHAHA​HAHAHA​HAHAHA​HAHAHA​HAHAHA​HAHAHA​HAHAHA​HAHAHA​HAHAHA​HAHAHA​HAHAHA​HAHAHA​HAHAHA​HAHAHA​HAHAHA​HAHAHA​HAHAHA​HAHAHA​HAHAHA​HAHAHA​HAHAHA​HAHAHA​HAHAHA​HAHAHA​HAHAHA​HAHAHA​HAHAHA​HAHAHA​HAHAHA​HAHAHA​HAHAHA​HAHAHA​HAHAHA​HAHAHA​HIHIHI​HAHAHA​HAHAHA​HAHAHA​HAHAHA​HAHAHA​HAHAHA​HAHAHA​HAHAHA​HAHAHA​HAHAHA​HAHAHA​HAHAHA​HAHAHA​HAHAHA​HAHAHA​HAHAHA​HAHAHA​HAHAHA​HAHAHA​HAHAHA​HAHAHA​HAHAHA​HIHIHI​HAHAHA​HAHAHA​HAHAHA​HAHAHA​HAHAHA​HAHAHA​HAHAHA​HAHAHA​HAHAHA​HAHAHA​HAHAHA​HAHAHA​HAHAHA​HAHAHA​HAHAHA​HAHAHA​HAHAHA​HAHAHA​HAHAHA​HAHAHA​HAHAHA​HAHAHA​HAHAHA​HAHAHA​HAHAHA​HAHAHA​HAHAHA​HAHAHA​HAHAHA​HAHAHA​HAHAHA​HAHAHA​HAHAHA.
    WHAHAHA​HAHA ad nauseum.
    Now now, this is why you don't mix newbies and trolls.
    WHAHAHA​HAHA ad nauseum.
    Now now, this is why you don't mix newbies and trolls.
    Helljumper has been around long enough that they're not a newbie, and probably are used to Nine's occasionally caustic manner.
  • edited May 2010
    I meant a newbie to the fansub community. He's only been in the forums for a week. Nothing bad about it, He is just indirectly feeding the forum's pet troll, that is all.
    Post edited by La Petit Mort on
  • edited May 2010
    @SRYFI The reason why I said it was hard to find, was because I it took me a good half-hour to find the right file and as far as I could tell, no one has made an embedded into the video fan sub yet.
    @La Petit (ciel)mort and Churba, I actually rarely watch fansubs. I've only seen a few series with FS and prefer dub in most cases.
    @La Petit (ciel)mort ...............I'm a dude >.> I didn't know I was giving a girl like appearance on the forum.

Okay, lets get back to actually talking about Evangelion shall we?
    Post edited by Helljumper on
  • That's right Helljumper,

I've watched the first few minutes before going to bed and it has one of the best implementations of CGI in anime.
  • edited May 2010
    @La Petit (ciel)mort ...............I'm a dude >.> I didn't know I was giving a girl like appearance on the forum.
    Oh shit, sorry, I tend to use the female pronoun as a default when I don't know the gender of something, bad habit of mine.

Edit: I'll check the movie out later.
    Post edited by La Petit Mort on
  • There are no girls on the internet anyway.
  • Oh shit, sorry, I tend to use the female pronoun as a default when I don't know the gender of something, bad habit of mine.
    Not really that bad a habit.
  • The reason why I said it was hard to find, was because I it took me a good half-hour to find the right file and as far as I could tell, no one has made an embedded into the video fan sub yet.
    This makes me smile. Searching for a half hour? I remember, back in my day, when you had to walk half an hour to the video store, and when you got there, the video you wanted wasn't available.
    Okay, lets get back to actually talking about Evangelion shall we?
    That's not how this forum works.
  • Maybe you need more places to look. Anything within the Eva trademark is as common as John.
  • /facepalm
  • The reason why I said it was hard to find, was because I it took me a good half-hour to find the right file and as far as I could tell, no one has made an embedded into the video fan sub yet.
    It was already evident that you were an idiot, no need to tell us again, or should I be nice and laugh at another one of your Ignoramus Grandus exclamations? Half a dozen 'right files' (with subs) were spread over the internet before you made this thread.
    This makes me smile. Searching for a half hour? I remember, back in my day, when you had to walk half an hour to the video store, and when you got there, the video you wanted wasn't available.
    Back then you would spend that half-hour-walk talking with friends with whom you would see the/a film, making the time well-spend even when the video wasn't available. Googling for half an hour and calling it 'hard' is just stupid.
  • Just watched this...I haz a confused.
  • I watched it yestermorning. Compared to what I remember it makes so much more sense since it has all the confusing bits alternate universed out of it. But I haven't watched Eva since I was a youngin' so I'm gonna watch it again for comparison. Also, it's very pretty.
  • Watching the Rebuild movies is the same experience for me as seeing the Watchmen director's cut. I honestly cannot tell you if Watchmen was a good movie because I was thinking of the book the entire time, and so I couldn't put myself into a critical head-space because I enjoyed the book so much. The Eva Rebuilds replicate shots/scenes/situations from the TV series so freely that I can mentally scaffold in support for all of the really weak stuff. I have a definite reflex to judge the films as self-contained works, but that would hardly be fair. My experience of the franchise is such a self-referential mishmash that I can only confidently say that the rebuilds are "interesting." Furthermore and except for some egregious CG (not all of the CG, just some of it) it is very pretty.
  • After watching it, it's hard for me to really form a general opinion. It had so many highs and lows for me.
    I have a definite reflex to judge the films as self-contained works, but that would hardly be fair.
    I think it's fair. You can compare and contrast with the original or even other works, but the movie is what it is.
  • What confused me about 2.22 is 1.11. 1.11 followed the EVA story pretty closely, but it was tighter and faster and thus it was better. 2.22 seems to have done whatever the fuck they wanted to do.
  • What confused me about 2.22 is 1.11. 1.11 followed the EVA story pretty closely, but it was tighter and faster and thus it was better. 2.22 seems to have done whatever the fuck they wanted to do.
    It's called 'Rebuild' for a reason. 2.22 is just the point where Rebuild starts deviating from the original TV show. Of course, the overarching story is still the same thing.

Personally, I liked it a lot. It looks amazing, as expected of a 21st century anime film with budget, has more brutal mecha fights, and SHINJI'S SPINE GROWS FOR A CHANGE OHSHITSPOILER. *dons eyepatch* Thief.
  • Personally, I liked it a lot. It looks amazing, as expected of a 21st century anime film with budget, has more brutal mecha fights, and SHINJI'S SPINE GROWS FOR A CHANGE OHSHITSPOILER. *dons eyepatch* Thief.
    I concur, really enjoying this a great deal.
    It was already evident that you were an idiot, no need to tell us again, or should I be nice and laugh at another one of your Ignoramus Grandus exclamations? Half a dozen 'right files' (with subs) were spread over the internet before you made this thread.
    I guess that I'm not allowed to help people on the forums.
  • Ignore Nine. He's a dick.
    He wasn't hugged enough when he was a child.
    No, but when they tried to hug him, he bit them and called them retarded.
  • edited June 2010
    Ignore Nine. He's a dick.
    I just got a really weird image by literally interpreting what I said (I.e. imagining Nine as a literal penis), then imagining "hugging" him.
    Post edited by Neito on
  • I just got a really weird image by literally interpreting what I said (I.e. imagining Nine as a literal penis), then imagining "hugging" him.
    You know how I know you're gay?
  • I just got a really weird image by literally interpreting what I said (I.e. imagining Nine as a literal penis), then imagining "hugging" him.
    By the fact that I don't immediately deny being gay in a vain attempt to appear more masculine?
    By the fact that I don't immediately deny being gay in a vain attempt to appear more masculine?
    Homophobia - the Clark Kent glasses of wanting hot hot cocks.
    I'm an ASSHOLE, huge difference. It's the difference between front and BACK. Yeah, some serious sounding shit this is, next time I won't take your crap anymore.
  • next time I won't take your crap anymore.
    That's right, next time he'll give it.