This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

WTF of Your Day

Comments

• ...what?
    Which part are you objecting to?
  • Which part are you objecting to?
    I think that he's objecting less that we have no fucking idea what you're talking about.
  • edited June 2010
    Well, carry on.

You often confuse physical features you haven't been exposed to as looking similar, yet when you are exposed to them often, they look less similar.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • Well, carry on.
  • The scary thing is, I recognize the names of a few of the actors in that poster.
  • I think that he's objecting less that we haveno fucking idea what you're talking about.
    Yeah, that.
    You often confuse physical features you haven't been exposed to as looking similar, yet when you are exposed to them often, they look less similar.
    Okay -- I thought that might've been what you meant, but it was difficult to tell for sure. I don't think that's the case here. I live in the L.A. area, where all races and ethnicities are pretty well-represented. If I'm not mistaken, Sonic is Armenian, right? I went to school with a lot of Armenians -- hell, I have an Armenian sister-in-law. There are definitely some similar features going on here that goes beyond just an ethnic similarity. I've been studying caricature lately, so I'm paying close attention to this stuff. :) That's actually what I was doing when I found that picture -- drawing people off a site of nightclub/party photos.
  • Okay -- I thought that might've been what you meant
    Why didn't you just miss-interpret it. It's what everyone does on this forum.
  • Okay -- I thought that might've been what you meant
    Why didn't you just miss-interpret it. It's what everyone does on this forum.
    Yep. We are masters of reading way too far into statements and mis-analyzing intentions. I am especially guilty of this.
  • Okay -- I thought that might've been what you meant, but it was difficult to tell for sure. I don't think that's the case here. I live in the L.A. area, where all races and ethnicities are pretty well-represented. If I'm not mistaken, Sonic is Armenian, right?
    -_- By blood only...
    I went to school with a lot of Armenians -- hell, I have an Armenian sister-in-law. There are definitely some similar features going on here that goes beyond just an ethnic similarity. I've been studying caricature lately, so I'm paying close attention to this stuff. :) That's actually what I was doing when I found that picture -- drawing people off a site of nightclub/party photos.
    So what facial features do you find similar?
  • -_- By blood only...
    Hmmmm.... Well, that's the part that counts here, right?
    Eyes, definitely, and to a lesser extent, mouth and forehead. Cheekbones and chin, too -- though hers are a lot more prominent than yours, the shape is similar. It's pretty all-over, really.
  • Okay -- I thought that might've been what you meant, but it was difficult to tell for sure. I don't think that's the case here. I live in the L.A. area, where all races and ethnicities are pretty well-represented. If I'm not mistaken, Sonic is Armenian, right?
    -_- By blood only...
    I went to school with a lot of Armenians -- hell, I have an Armenian sister-in-law. There are definitely some similar features going on here that goes beyond just an ethnic similarity. I've been studying caricature lately, so I'm paying close attention to this stuff. :) That's actually what I was doing when I found that picture -- drawing people off a site of nightclub/party photos.
    I would just be careful about getting hit in the back of the head a lot...
  • Eyes, definitely, and to a lesser extent, mouth and forehead. Cheekbones and chin, too -- though hers are a lot more prominent than yours, the shape is similar. It's pretty all-over, really.
    The eyes are goddamn near identical.
  • Highly motivated...

• Highly motivated...
    Video
    The drummer was the only one NOT off key...AND HE WAS AWESOME.
  • NeoNeo
    edited June 2010
    Yeah, when I saw that video about the drummer on CollegeHumor I thought the drummer was the best part of the performance. When I read the description I didn't think I'd watch more than about 10 seconds of the video but the drummer was entertaining enough to make me watch the whole thing. \m/
    Post edited by Neo on
  • Yeah, when I saw that video about the drummer on CollegeHumor I thought the drummer was the best part of the performance. When I read the description I didn't think I'd watch more than about 10 seconds of the video but the drummer was entertaining enough to make me watch the whole thing. \m/
    he's certainly fantastical...
  • Oh sweet sweet memories..

• After the first few impacts, the man gets a clearly dazed look on his face.
  • Just had a random creepy graphical glitch in Fallout 3. The glitch freaked me out, sure, but what freaks me out more is how scared I am, and how jittery it made me. I won't be able to play that game again for a while now. Sucks, because it's what I've been into recently. Kinda of a fail, but more of a WTF because of how creepy it was. Ugggggggghhhhhhhhhh...I can't unsee it, and it haunts me now. I'm all jittery...God.
  • You should quit the drugs.
    What's the glitch?
  • You should quit the drugs.
    What's the glitch?
    There was this pile of ashes from a dead enemy I left in my character's room, and when I went back in, the ashes started wonking out and moving around and doing creepy stuff. I literally screamed out in terror. I'm not sure what's wrong with me.
  • edited June 2010
    It'd be more awesome if that's not a glitch.

Remember that game Black & White? Whenever one of your villagers died, this low voice would whisper "deeeaaath". But my friend Alan was playing it, and he swore it was saying "Alaaaaaaan". It creeped him out super hard. I thought he was crazy until I looked it up, and it turns out that if you name your character certain names, it'll say the name instead of "death".
    Post edited by Funfetus on
  • It'd be more awesome if that's not a glitch.

Remember that game Black & White? Whenever one of your villagers died, this low voice would whisper "deeeaaath". But my friend Alan was playing it, and he swore it was saying "Alaaaaaaan". It creeped him out super hard. I thought he was crazy until I looked it up, and it turns out that if you name your character certain names, it'll say the name instead of "death".
    I think it looked at your Windows user name, which made it even scarier.
  • It'd be more awesome if that's not a glitch.
    It's definitely a glitch. It wasn't moving around like sliding, it was like one side was on a hinge on the floor, and the other side was flapping up and down. It was pretty creepy.
  • Drunk parrots falling out of the sky in australia.
    Is it bad that I laughed very hard at your post?
  • Is it bad that I laughed very hard at your post?
    No.
  • edited June 2010
    On one hand, I am very WTF over that picture. On the other, I fear tremendously the kind of child such parents could bring into existence.

EDIT: What the hell is going on with the forum? Vanilla is glitching like crazy with the post ordering.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on