This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Steam Summer Sale

Comments

• Some of the games I want I will hold off on getting in case Valve does a one day super discount. That bit me a couple times on the christmas sale.
  • edited June 2010
    Also Bionic Commando is 6.69
    Whoa, I didn't even know this was out on PC. I thought it was XBLA only. Done.

By the way, what is the general consensus on the 3D Bionic Commando?
    Post edited by Sail on
  • By the way, what is the general consensus on the 3D Bionic Commando?
    It apparently REALLY sucks, however my love of bionic Commando will probably force me to buy it when it is like 5 dollars in some steam sale.
  • Also Bionic Commando is 6.69
    Whoa, I didn't even know this was out on PC. I thought it was XBLA only. Done.

By the way, what is the general consensus on the 3D Bionic Commando?
    don't waste your money, stick to the rearmed remake
  • I hope Dogfighters goes on sale.

It's a really fun arcade like flying shooter that is mostly multiplayer centric. I've been playing single player and would like to see more people online.
  • I think I'm just getting Fuel.
  • Fuel has janky controls but you may enjoy the exploration side, if not the races themselves.
  • Rearmed is fucking awesome.
  • edited June 2010
    I wonder how many games Cremlian will have by July 5th. Last I checked he already had 173.

Goddamnit, this is crazy. Why does Steam make it so hard to search through these deals, though?

I'm looking into the Codemasters racing pack at the moment; I wanted it when it was at 75% off the pack, but there was a credit card issue, so now I might settle for 66% off.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • edited June 2010
    I wonder how many games Cremlian will have by July 5th. Last I checked he already had 173.
    If we're going to play that game, play fair and put your own cards on the table.

Wait.. 173? I only have 36.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • I've got 62. It could be worse :D
  • Oh geez. I have 85.
  • edited June 2010
    but that's double counting civ (because for some reason it lists the mac versions too) and listing really really small addon's and mission packs to things like Quake II...
    Post edited by Cremlian on
  • I have 10 games, most of them are Half Life.
  • 229 games here. Not bullshitting.
  • edited June 2010
    Where does it say how many? 97 I guess?
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • Your profile page. You have 97.
  • Sova and I are going to grab AI War; it's an asymmetrical co-op RTS, similar to Sins of a Solar Empire, with up to eight people versus a brutal (or so I've heard) AI opponent.
  • edited June 2010
    Gratuitous Space Battles is another good buy in my opinion. No story, no plot, just build up a huge space fleet and send it out against another fleet in a completely pointless battle.

Also one guy pretty much made the game, excluding music. In case you're an indie fan.
    Post edited by Robyn Chaos on
  • edited June 2010
    GMy recommended way of handling steam sales is stick with the daily deals (unless you see it in a pack) until the end and then if your really want a pack or one of the non-daily days go for it... It's better then getting burned by a daily deal the next day.
    I think I'll stick with this approach.

Looking at today's deals, I already own Trine and CS:S, and I haven't finished the first BioShock so I won't go for #2.

DiRT 2 for $10 is nice, though. I was thinking it would be better to buy the pack, but as it turns out the sum of the individual game prices is $23.57, while the pack is $23.79. Plus, the rest of them are not daily discounts, so I could buy DiRT 2 now and buy any of the others I want later, right?
  • If enough people get MoW, I'll run a multiplayer session and get everyone through the basics. IMHO it's the best multiplayer RTS on the market right now.
    I bought Men of War. It is installing now. Will we be playing Red Tide (the sequel) as well?
  • If enough people get MoW, I'll run a multiplayer session and get everyone through the basics. IMHO it's the best multiplayer RTS on the market right now.
    I bought Men of War. It is installing now. Will we be playing Red Tide (the sequel) as well?
    Red Tide is singleplayer only. I didn't even bother purchasing it.
    Red Tide is singleplayer only. I didn't even bother purchasing it.
    Ok good. I didn't get it either.
  • edited June 2010
    I bought DiRT 2 at $10. My policy for this round of Steam sales is to look at only daily deals until the last day and/or people highlight something for me. Besides that, only discounts of 60% or more are getting my consideration, unless it's something really good.

The Unreal Pack and Bioshock 2 caught my attention, but the Unreal games don't interest me enough, while Bioshock 2 wasn't cheap enough.
  • I bought DiRT 2 at $10. My policy for this round of Steam sales is to look at only daily deals until the last day and/or people highlight something for me. Besides that, only discounts of 60% or more are getting my consideration, unless it's something really good.

The Unreal Pack and Bioshock 2 caught my attention, but the Unreal games don't interest me enough, while Bioshock 2 wasn't cheap enough.
    Andrew and I are looking at getting some MoW going and it's 75% off.
  • It's not a daily sale, so not urgent, right? At $3.74 I'll get it as soon as I know for sure at least a few of you guys will be playing it.
  • None of the dailies interest me tonight. I'll snag MoW under the same criteria as LoC and I'll probably do my big shopping Friday the 2nd.

I hope Just Cause 2 goes on sale.
  • I hope Just Cause 2 goes on sale.
    Don't we all?
  • I hope Just Cause 2 goes on sale.
    Don't we all?
    The pack is on sale, but fuck all that. I just want my parasailing explodey action.