This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

WTF of Your Day

Comments

• Did all of California travel back to the 1800's?
    Also, why the crap aren't these babies being properly vaccinated and their parents getting the needed booster shots?
    This is just criminal.

Bet whooping cough won't be the only outbreak they have. I'm sure there will be other diseases they haven't been vaccinated for.
  • Also, why the crap aren't these babies being properly vaccinated and their parents getting the needed booster shots?
    Hippie bullshit.
  • To paraphrase Penn: "Because of the rich assholes in Beverly Hills who should know better."
  • Also, why the crap aren't these babies being properly vaccinated and their parents getting the needed booster shots?
    Because they can opt-out for "personal conviction" reasons (e.g., religion and/or personal stupidity).

In my mind, there should be no religious exception for anything, let alone necessary vaccinations. As for the "personal conviction" option, that should really be grounds for the intervention of social services.
  • Because they can opt-out for "personal conviction" reasons (e.g., religion and/or personal stupidity).
    Well that video they said that no one even brought it up to them.
  • Well that video they said that no one even brought it up to them.
    Then the school is at fault for not kicking their kids out for not having their vaccinations (if they truly didn't opt out).
    Because they can opt-out for "personal conviction" reasons (e.g., religion and/or personal stupidity).

In my mind, there should be no religious exception for anything, let alone necessary vaccinations. As for the "personal conviction" option, that should really be grounds for the intervention of social services.
    Easy solution. You can not give your child vaccinations, but you are now no longer allowed out in public places. The internet has a wealth of delivery services, so you can keep your diseased ass at home and die away from the rest of us.
  • Anyone who opts out of vaccines should not be allowed to have extended interaction with society. They're basically a pack of Typhoid Marys at that point.

Easy solution. You can not give your child vaccinations, but you are now no longer allowed out in public places. The internet has a wealth of delivery services, so you can keep your diseased ass at home and die away from the rest of us.
    Men from the CDC and DCS will be by periodically in bunny suits to check on your and your children's condition.
  • Anyone who opts out of vaccines should not be allowed to have extended interaction with society. They're basically a pack of Typhoid Marys at that point.
    Well, Detroit is facing a mass exodus. Eventually, we might just have to ship all of them to abandoned old Detroit, and allow them to build a foresaken, hellish plague-city. Any normal, vaccinated human that visits would be like a fucking superhero--100 year lifespan, strength, endurance, and immunity to the wave of germs.
  • And then, vaccine resistant super whooping cough.
  • And then, vaccine resistant super whooping cough.
    Well, we could take them all, put them in tanks, and build a giant subterranean basement lab using unvaccinated people as bioreactors to create fantastic new cures!

Until the TARDIS shows up, that is.
  • My friend Katrina has had two Russian girls staying with her for the last few weeks, and she's didn't tell me!!! WTF!?!?!
  • edited June 2010
    Maybe there was a good reason she didn't tell you.

In other news: Rule 34 strikes again (SFW).
    Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • Maybe there was a good reason she didn't tell you.
    ^^^
    In other news: Rule 34 strikes again (SFW).
    Not accoring to my internet filter. >_>
  • Maybe there was a good reason she didn't tell you.
    I was there for the revelation of this information. FWIW, Wyatt never once asked how old these girls were. :P
  • ...Wyatt never once asked how old these girls were. :P
    They're old enough to travel to a foreign country without any supervision to live and work for the summer. I was safe to presume they would be AT LEAST 18. They are in fact 21.
  • I was safe to presume they would be AT LEAST 18. They are in fact 21.
    ...and you are?
  • Well that video they said that no one even brought it up to them.
    Then the school is at fault for not kicking their kids out for not having their vaccinations (if they truly didn't opt out).
    The kid who died in that video was 38 days old, Rym. There was no school. It was the doctors' failure. This woman got flu shots during pregnancy and listened to her docs... she didn't seem like a stupid hippie. Way to make assumptions. Maybe you should come to my panel at CTcon to learn about the dangers of assumptions! ;)
  • edited June 2010
    I was talking about the video of the 38 day old infant that died. >.>
    Post edited by George Patches on
  • edited June 2010
    The kid who died in that video was 38 days old, Rym. There was no school. It was the doctors' failure. This woman got flu shots during pregnancy and listened to her docs... she didn't seem like a stupid hippie. Way to make assumptions. Maybe you should come to my panel at CTcon to learn about the dangers of assumptions! ;)
    You do know that the CDC recommends that the first DTaP vaccination be given at two months, right? The whole reasoning behind large scale vaccination is to provide herd immunity for those either too young or those who can't get the vaccine due to allergies. My guess is that the mother probably obtained the disease from some unvaccinated toddler or such when she was out in public and brought it home.
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • You do know that theCDC recommendsthat the first DTaP vaccination be given at two months, right?
    To the infant. Yeah. But the mother wasn't vaccinated. If her doctors had recommended she be vaccinated before pregnancy, this wouldn't have happened. The reason the recommendation is 2 months is that up until that point, the infant is protected by the mother's antibodies. If the mother has no antibodies, this doesn't help.
  • They're old enough to travel to a foreign country without any supervision to live and work for the summer.
    You can have unaccompanied minors on airplanes. I've seen 14 year old kids traveling alone on planes. I've sat next to them. You can also hire young kids to work for the summer. And the drinking age thing is irrelevant. They're Russian. They probably started drinking vodak when they were 6.

You got lucky this time. Remember to ask for ID. You can never be too careful these days.
  • I actually watched a different video.

Standard vaccinations, actually, should be a requirement for employment.
  • But the mother wasn't vaccinated.
    There's a good question. Why wasn't the mom vaccinated? Did she just let a booster slip?
  • But the mother wasn't vaccinated.
    There's a good question. Why wasn't the mom vaccinated? Did she just let a booster slip?
    She didn't have any idea this disease was one you needed to be vaccinated against. I mean, pretty much no one these days has heard of whooping cough in any kind of modern context. Generally, people ask their doctors what vaccines they need. If your doctor doesn't tell you you need the vaccine, how would you know?
  • If your doctor doesn't tell you you need the vaccine, how would you know?
    Good point. Then the WTF is on the doctor for not checking on her whooping cough vaccine, which you should've received as a child.
  • ...and you are?
    Looking to get laid ;)
    They're old enough to travel to a foreign country without any supervision to live and work for the summer.
    You can have unaccompanied minors on airplanes. I've seen 14 year old kids traveling alone on planes. I've sat next to them. You can also hire young kids to work for the summer. And the drinking age thing is irrelevant. They're Russian. They probably started drinking vodak when they were 6.

You got lucky this time. Remember to ask for ID. You can never be too careful these days.
    You're reaching. A 14 year old could travel to the US and a a 14 year old can legally work. Those things together are very unlikely. No one would expect a 14 year old to live on their own in a foreign country for 3 months. I also doubt that Kat would hire a minor to work for her Summer. Regardless, the more poient question is: Are they hot? Answer: 6-7
  • Answer: 6-7
    Yeah, but there's two of them, so that ups the situation to a 9 - 10.5.