This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Steven Colbert

edited March 2007 in Manga/Comics
I think that the thing that he got on the last episode was pretty awesome.

I would definitely would like to get one for free.

Comments

• Yeah! That thing! I totally know what your talking about!
  • edited March 2007
    Dude! And do you remember when he did that thing with the thing and said that thing!? That thing was totally awesome!
    Post edited by Sail on
  • I remember when he had that guy on, you know the guy, who did the stuff. That was way better when he did said the thing about the thing.
  • Good times, good times.
  • I think he can be clever, but is there anyone else who thinks Colbert is just a wee mite overrated?
  • I think he can be clever, but is there anyone else who thinks Colbert is just a wee mite overrated?
    When he was on Daily Show all those years I actually didn't like him as much as the other people on the show. He's funny on his own show sometimes, especially The Word segment. However, he's even more funny when he does other stuff besides his show. I still like John Stewart more.
    When he was on Daily Show all those years ... I still like John Stewart more.
    I have to say Colbert is funny and worth watching and he may even be funnier but Jon Stewart is better at entertaining me. Colbert wears on me after a while but the Stewart only parts of his show are the best.
  • I think that Jon is consistently funny, and a far far better interviewer. While Colbert has moments of brilliance that far exceed most things.
  • Even Stephen was the great comedy sketch of all time.
  • The reason people stop watching him after a while, is because of his HUGE ego he displays on the show. Jon Stewart (Jon, not "John", lol) is definitely more professional and a little more down to earth, and that's definitely a plus in the long run. It's like, yes, your people love you Colbert, now hurry up and interview your guest.
  • I have always thought that his ego was an act.
  • edited March 2007
    I have always thought that his ego was an act.
    It is. It's just part of his character. And part of the humor.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • edited March 2007
    Ok, here is the thing.
    Post edited by Erwin on
  • JS is funny because he's being natural. The reason why Colbert got old for me very quickly is because he's acting, and it's the same ignorance/satire dichotomy joke in perpetuity.
  • Wow, I can't believe it took this long for this to get to the top of digg.
  • I'm going to a taping of the Daily Show while I'm in New York.
  • Cool, what day is that gonna be?
  • Cool, what day is that gonna be?
    The 17th of July
  • I hope you get an awesome guest :D
    Plz tell us how was it.
  • To actually comment on what was origionally posted, yes. That would be awsome to get a thing like that for free.
  • edited July 2007
    Funnystuff

I personally like Bill O'Reilly. It's funny to see him mix it up with Stephen Colbert.
    Post edited by N15PCA on
  • I think that Jon is consistently funny, and a far far better interviewer. While Colbert has moments of brilliance that far exceed most things.
    I agree, the Daily Show is entertaining throughout while the Colbert Report can be bland with some genius segments.
  • I think I've realized the problem with the Colbert Report and its the interviews. When Jon does interviews its always interesting, and he always brings up great points or starts really good discussions. Colbert just stays in character and because of that there really isn't any depth or discussion to his interviews, sometimes its funny, but thats not really what I want from an interview.
  • I think I've realized the problem with the Colbert Report and its the interviews. When Jon does interviews its always interesting, and he always brings up great points or starts really good discussions. Colbert just stays in character and because of that there really isn't any depth or discussion to his interviews, sometimes its funny, but thats not really what I want from an interview.
    I agree. To be honest, I never really liked Colbert, even as a correspondent on the Daily Show. Jon Stewart, on the other hand, has always been the man.
  • Yeah, Jon manages to be both funny and though provoking, and even when he doesn't agree with someone he manages to get a good interview from them.

I really wish the Daily Show was on this week...