This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

It's sooo hot (I.E. Weather bitch thread)

Comments

• It's currently 83 outside, but around 94 inside. I have rigged an elaborate series of fans to guide air from outside my window to my bed. Hopefully this will rectify the situation.
  • 95 with 100% humidity. Well, cocks.
  • It's been a pretty pleasant 26 degrees here. Something of a cool summer.
  • edited July 2010
    Malcolm has this heat wave thing all figured out...
    Either that or he likes listening to South African soccer matches...
    Post edited by GreatTeacherMacRoss on
  • 90? Wusses.
    90 is fine. It's the fact that Pete's apartment has little or no insulation in the roof, which means a sunny 90-degree day outside turned into a 100-120 degree day inside.
  • 90? Wusses.
    We can't all be Crocodile Dundee.
  • It's so hot today, it's 90F and 50% humidity. Bring back the 100F and 25% humidity, that was nicer.
  • yea the news was definitely trolling at the barbershop, "The temperature has fallen a few degrees making it coolers then the last few days but because the cooling came with humidity you're not really going to notice it..."
    Where do you live exactly?
  • Where do you live exactly?
    Hotlanta
  • Newfoundland is fucking sweltering. I have quite unexpected sunburn.
  • Today is not shaping up to reach the 97-98 degree highs we've had for the past few days, thankfully.
    All I care about is this heatwave breaking before I'm stuck in a room full of nerds for the M11 pre-release tomorrow!!
  • Today is not shaping up to reach the 97-98 degree highs we've had for the past few days, thankfully.
    All I care about is this heatwave breaking before I'm stuck in a room full of nerds for the M11 pre-release tomorrow!!
    L.A. has been pretty nice recently. Actually, it's be nice for a WHILE now...

WHERE'S MY FUCKING RAIN!!??!?!?!?!? I CAN ONLY WRITE STORIES IF IT"S RAINING! I NEED RAIN SOME FUCKING RAIN!
    L.A. has been pretty nice recently. Actually, it's be nice for a WHILE now...

WHERE'S MY FUCKING RAIN!!??!?!?!?!? I CAN ONLY WRITE STORIES IF IT"S RAINING! I NEED RAIN SOME FUCKING RAIN!
    OMG, play a rain audio file and put on a humidifier.
  • It feels like someone just took a shower in my whole house.
  • Reverse bitching - It's sunny and reasonably warm, so I lay outside on the trampoline in my jeans, smoked a lovely cigar, and drank peach iced tea.
  • edited July 2010

The weather destroyed my phone lines, which stayed down for two days. Fuck you, weather.
    Post edited by Walker on
  • In the last three days it had like 33-36°C at day where I live and I spent at least 8 hour working at my sister's home that is under construction. Whoopee...
  • It's not even dropping below 95 at night now at 30% humidity. 112-115 in the day.
  • Another very nice day. I think in the afternoon, when I'm done with trying to fix my sister's car, I'll go and smoke my pipe in the afternoon sunshine, while bouncing on the trampoline.
  • Another very nice day. I think in the afternoon, when I'm done with trying to fix my sister's car, I'll go and smoke my pipe in the afternoon sunshine, while bouncing on the trampoline.
    That's the way I'll be thinking, come September when it finally drops below 90 for the first time since May.
  • That's the way I'll be thinking, come September when it finally drops below 90 for the first time since May.
    What sort of pipe do you smoke?
  • I actually meant the enjoying the outdoors part, instead of trying to avoid exposure to the weather outside almost as though you would to avoid frostbite.
  • After C-Con and this week I've come to the conclusion that my body really can't handle any significant humidity. I'm fine with heat, but humidity just sucks the life out of me.
    1. After C-Con and this week I've come to the conclusion that my body really can't handle any significant humidity. I'm fine with heat, but humidity just sucks the life out of me.

THIS. A million times, this.
  • After C-Con and this week I've come to the conclusion that my body really can't handle any significant humidity. I'm fine with heat, but humidity just sucks the life out of me.
    I was on an air-conditioned train the time I went through New Mexico and Nevada. Is it true that the humidity there is next to null, and the higher temperatures are more bearable?
  • Massive rainfall yesterday night pretty much destroyed large parts of the next district over. Here are a few pictures.
    I was on an air-conditioned train the time I went through New Mexico and Nevada. Is it true that the humidity there is next to null, and the higher temperatures are more bearable?
    Yes, and yes. from my experience the New Mexico area in the summer time is very dry in the air, despite having fairly consistent short afternoon showers, and is generally warmer but feels like that temperature rather than five above it. I found hiking in NM(mostly Philmont), that if you happen to be in the sun and doing things for a long time it gets uncomfortable, but is rather nice in the shade. Whereas here in Houston it's only nominally better in the shade. As a side note: I like the heat so I may consider it to be more comfortable than you would.
  • Yardwork. in heat sucks.