This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Newegg Motherboards

edited March 2007 in Technology
I've decided to settle down and build my own computer. I've turned to Newegg(who doesn't) for the parts. The problem is that I dont know what type of motherboard I should get or what sound card I should get. I know in the past that Scott has listed his Newegg wish list and since all of you here know a lot more about computer hardware than I do, I've turned to you. Also helping me with other parts could help. I cant put my Newegg wishlist of stuff that I have so far up yet because for a couple of more hours, I'll be at my grandma's house and she has dial-up *shivers*. Any suggestions?

Comments

• What do you want your computer to do? Do you want a high end gaming machine or a simple computer to surf the web? Do you want to run linux on it or windows? How much are you willing to spend?
  • I want it to be a good gaming computer(not high end) andI will dual-boot Windows and Ubuntu Edgy Eft. I'm probably going to max out on price at $1500.00. I also want to have a good sound setup, because I am in a band and will record CDs until I'm in the studio.
  • Feisty Fawn beta comes out tomorrow. The final version will be out in less than a month. It has support for a lot of stuff that Edgy doesn't. This will give you more leeway in your deciding of what to buy.