This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

The Burning Con

edited April 2010 in Role Playing Games
So, there's this Burning Wheel convention/party in October. Who else is going?

Comments

• Yeah, he told me about this yesterday. Apparently the first Burning Wheel came out on 05 05 05, so now they are doing 10 10 10.
  • That looks cool. I do believe I'll be going to that.
  • Oh dear god yes.
  • $50 may be a bit much for me. I'll have to play it by ear. Rhinebeck is the following weekend.
  • edited April 2010
    The MacRosses are interested. ^_^
    EDIT: We are in so long as we can stay at someone's place rather than a hotel.
    Post edited by Kate Monster on
  • I'm definitely interested. Might make the trip solo though.
  • Lookin' good.
  • I'll be there, who else is coming? The event is full!
  • Remember people, this is the same weekend as the NYCC/NYAF combination convention. Also, there's a board game night on that Friday.
  • Ahh... ffff... full... what?

Luke's reply in the thread of "have patience, no one will be excluded" is also quite cryptic. :|
  • Ahh... ffff... full... what?

Luke's reply in the thread of "have patience, no one will be excluded" is also quite cryptic. :|
    Craps!
  • The event is full!
    Ahh... ffff... full... what?
    Craps!
    What do we always say about registering for things as soon as you can? ;^)
  • If we go, would we have a place to stay at someone's home, or are people going to get hotel rooms?
  • If we go, would we have a place to stay at someone's home, or are people going to get hotel rooms?
    Two of our three guest beds are already spoken for I believe, but we do have a third. Judith/Natalie and Scott both have nearby places to stay: Scott is practically next to the venue.
  • From the title of this thread, I thought it was going to be about running a Burning Wheel game around the players pulling of a big cinematic con job, like in, say, The Brothers Bloom.

Now I really want to play in such a game.
  • *sigh* That's the weekend of my wedding. Otherwise I'd be there.
    Have your Wedding at burning con, and get Luke Crane to Officiate. Problem solved.
    Have your Wedding at burning con, and get Luke Crane to Officiate. Problem solved.
    Hey, Pete's a minister.
    Hey, Pete's a minister.
    The Minister of Metal?
  • Adam and I will be at Burning Con. The last time I checked there were only twelve tickets left, so if you haven't ordered yours, do so soon.
  • I will not be at the Burning Con. I have too much else going on that weekend.
  • I will not be at the Burning Con. I have too much else going on that weekend.
    It is indeed the most insane weekend to ever exist. NYAF, NYCC, 101010, NerdNYC board game night, the insanity.
  • It is indeed the most insane weekend to ever exist. NYAF, NYCC, 101010, NerdNYC board game night, the insanity.
    Well, I have plans with my family and Nuri's family. That does sound like quite a lot of awesome, though. Very busy weekend indeed.

Are you guys doing stuff at NYAF/NYCC, or are you just attending?
  • Are you guys doing stuff at NYAF/NYCC, or are you just attending?
    Doing big stuff. Not as big as PAX, but bigger than Otakon.
  • Are you guys doing stuff at NYAF/NYCC, or are you just attending?
    Doing big stuff. Not as big as PAX, but bigger than Otakon.
    So bigger than nothing?
  • And less than infinity. Narrows it down nicely.
  • So...something then?
  • I hate you all.

Bigger than our typical Otakon offerings (aside from the one time we ran Beyond D&D at Otakon to a maxed out room in the Hilton).
  • I'm going. Rym and Scott are going. Who else is going to be there?