This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

What TV Shows Are You Watching?

Comments

• Phineas and Ferb is the best show that the Disney Channel has created since Kim Possible.
    Agreed.

Also I watched the first episode of Veronica Mars, and was basically sold on it after 3 minutes.
  • I'm not much of a TV person these days. I watch the new Futuramas of course, Avatar reruns, and when I need background noise I watch whatever's on Adult Swim.
  • Kim Possible was painful for me to watch.
  • Phineas and Ferb is the best show that the Disney Channel has created since Kim Possible.
    So right. I actually like most of the music too. Especially the ska opening song.
    I don't think we can be friends anymore.
  • edited July 2010
    Kim Possible was painful for me to watch.
    Admittedly, the show gets worlds better as the voice actors mature and actually get to a point where they aren't as grindingly annoying. While re-watching the first several episodes I definitely thought, "I remembered this show being GOOD, it must have aged poorly".
    Post edited by Anrild on
  • Wade was the only thing I liked about it.
  • Wade was the only thing I liked about it.
    Not even Rufus or any of the villains? Not even the mad golfer, Duff Killigan?
  • GeoGeo
    edited July 2010
    Wade was the only thing I liked about it.
    Not even Rufus or any of the villains? Not even the mad golfer, Duff Killigan?
    Some of the villains were humorous and I chuckled a little at some of them (Khan Senor Senor, Duff Killagan, and a few others). I found Rufus however to be intensely annoying. That's all your gonna get outta me otherwise.
    Phineas and Ferb is the best show that the Disney Channel has created since Kim Possible.
    So right. I actually like most of the music too. Especially the ska opening song.
    Fun fact: The creator of the show (Jeff "Swampy" Marsh) was one of the main writers and directors on Modern Life back in the day,
    Post edited by Geo on
    Admittedly, the show gets worlds better as the voice actors mature and actually get to a point where they aren't as grindingly annoying. While re-watching the first several episodes I definitely thought, "I remembered this show being GOOD, it must have aged poorly".
    I really liked Kim Possible, but the more I watched, it kind of irritated me how Kim was basically this "Perfect" Teenager who saved the world for no particular reason. It was still a really good series all around, but I found some episodes to be great while others were groan-worthy.
  • I just finished watching the series Wakfu, and I have to say, I really, really enjoyed it.
  • I just finished watching the series Wakfu, and I have to say, I really, really enjoyed it.
    Isn't that that French animation? I've heard it's pretty good. Is it a children's series or more adult?
    Isn't that that French animation? I've heard it's pretty good. Is it a children's series or more adult?
    Yeah, it's French animation. Most of the characters have jovial qualities, especially Yugo. The whole show itself is kid-friendly, although I did spot one or two times where some more mature jokes came up. The plot of the story matures a great deal over the course of the show, however slowly it may start off.
  • edited July 2010
    I just finished watching the series Wakfu, and I have to say, I really, really enjoyed it.
    Yeah, it's French animation. Most of the characters have jovial qualities, especially Yugo. The whole show itself is kid-friendly, although I did spot one or two times where some more mature jokes came up. The plot of the story matures a great deal over the course of the show, however slowly it may start off.
    Cool, I'm going to check it out. Where can I look to find it? Is it professionaly relased, or on fansubs?
    Post edited by progSHELL on
  • edited July 2010
    I just finished watching the series Wakfu, and I have to say, I really, really enjoyed it.
    Cool, I'm going to check it out. Where can I look to find it? Is it professionaly relased, or on fansubs?
    I actually found out about the show from Grey, so I'm not sure if it's a professionally available series with English subs; you'd have to ask him, but to my knowledge, they're only professionally available in French. Subs are available through megaupload, and also through Demonoid.
    Post edited by remix3211 on
  • NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOX ;_;. Poor man.
    Yes, it is, full on children's series. Very enjoyable. Fansubbed by 4chan. Go ask Grey via PM/IM for a link to the Megauploads. Don't randomly link it on a forum with regards to cease and desist letters. Those almost killed the fansubbing halfway through the series, not to mention FRANCE 3 YOU FUCKING ASSHOLES, DIE IN A FIRE.
  • I just officially finished The Shield.

It was phenomenal. Everyone was right how the finale was fulfilling and fantastic, and as depressing as it gets or as flawed as the characters were, you really like them and feel bad for them. I felt great to watch it all, but it does leave me wanting more which I can't have. Oh well...time to find something else.
  • I recently started watching Castle and am absolutely enjoying every minute of it. I'm happy Nathan Fillion got some love and looks like the show is going on for another season.

How can anyone not enjoy watching Nathan Fillion being Nathan Fillion?
  • I recently started watching Castle and am absolutely enjoying every minute of it. I'm happy Nathan Fillion got some love and looks like the show is going on for another season.

How can anyone not enjoy watching Nathan Fillion being Nathan Fillion?
    I saw today on twitter, he posted about How they were filming castle in an apartment building, and from one of the apartments next door, he heard them watching Castle - So he went and knocked on the door, and said "Hello. Have you seen me?"
  • I saw today on twitter, he posted about How they were filming castle in an apartment building, and from one of the apartments next door, he heard them watching Castle - So he went and knocked on the door, and said "Hello. Have you seen me?"
    Oh mans. That's awesome.
  • My parents watch Castle. It's pretty cute from what I've seen.
  • My friend and I have been watching Skins in the last couple weeks. As messed up as it is, I find it quite entertaining. Also, I'm late to the bandwagon on How I Met Your Mother, but that show is one of the few comedy shows that hits all my buttons.
  • My friend and I have been watching Skins in the last couple weeks. As messed up as it is, I find it quite entertaining.
    A thousand times this. What season are you on? I always thought it was funny seeing Dev Patel go from Skins to Slumdog.
  • My friend and I have been watching Skins in the last couple weeks. As messed up as it is, I find it quite entertaining.
    A thousand times this. What season are you on? I always thought it was funny seeing Dev Patel go from Skins to Slumdog.
    Halfway through season 2. Been watching it on Netflix streaming. I still haven't seen Slumdog yet, but it would be weird seeing Dev Patel play an actual serious character (which I just assume based on what I've heard of the movie).
  • I'm watching Odoru Daisousasen at the moment; I believe Omnutia linked a torrent on the forums at one point.
    It's quite amusing.
  • I'm watching season 4 of Doctor Who after years of putting it off. It's so great and I love Donna Noble. Very different from any other companion from the new series yet, I'm intrigued as to where this will go.
  • I'm watching Masterchef (US) and while it's bad like most Gordon Ramsay shows on Fox, it as entertaining as the other two. It feel very much like Cooking + American Idol that is done by Entertainment Weekly. You think when the judges are like Larry, Moe, and Curry, it wouldn't be so dull.
  • Did anyone see the most recent episode of True Blood where Russell ends with, "Now time for the weather. Tiffany?"
  • Several years late, but going through all of Arrested Development. I don't know if it's because so many shows are like it now, but I don't find the show all that funny. It is still fun to watch though.
  • I don't find the show all that funny
    Go blue yourself.