This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

It's sooo hot (I.E. Weather bitch thread)

Comments

• Yardwork. in heat sucks.
    Ahhhhhhh.
  • Ahhhhhhh.
  • Summer sucks. Gimme a good New England winter day any time.
  • Yardwork. in heat sucks.
    This is one of the primary reasons I no longer have a yard.
  • I did a few Tae Kwon Do demonstrations in 90 degree weather today. It would have been great if our mats didn't get as hot as the blacktop.
  • 5 hours of brewing today in the burning heat, standing next to a 60,000 BTU burner. I am made of sweat. And muscle and blood. And skin and bones.
  • 5 hours of brewing today in the burning heat, standing next to a 60,000 BTU burner. I am made of sweat. And muscle and blood. And skin and bones.
    Do you owe your soul to the company store?
  • A special thank you goes to my sister.

She comes over around 4 and tells me she needs to fumigate the house so I need to get out. Not only was I pissed off for being thrown out of my own house for that and that I noticed she did not even check to see if the cats were safely outside. (Thankfully they were outside or at least had the smarts to get out through the cat door). But I had to spend the day in the strip mall down the street and walk there and back in this dam heat. Plus when I got home i had to let the house air out so I couldn’t turn the air on.
    Do you owe your soul to the company store?
    No, only to his passion.
  • edited July 2010
    Ahhhhhhh.
    Who can vote in every era of American democratic history :-p (only property owners could back in the day :-p) Good luck living in 1776 till 1856 (in NC) with zero voting rights)
    Post edited by Cremlian on
  • Good luck living in 1776 till 1856 (in NC) with zero voting rights)
    You make it sound as if that's going to happen anytime soon. :)
  • Who can vote in every era of American democratic history :-p (only property owners could back in the day :-p) Good luck living in 1776 till 1856 (in NC) with zero voting rights)
    In that day, I'd likely be the equivalent of a rag newspaper mogul. I could sway the popular opinion of the urban laborers with my skewed journalism while decrying the bias of the real journalists above me.

Also, being upper middle class, I could buy whatever votes I needed were it an issue. ;^)
    You make it sound as if that's going to happen anytime soon. :)
    Hey, we're ready for anything.
  • The last few days and the following days are in the upper 80's and lower 90's. FUCK THIS.

At least by the end of the week it will get cooler.
  • edited August 2010
    This has been a remarkably mild SoCal summer. We haven't even had to bring the oscillating fans in from the garage, and today I'm running the AC for the first time in a week. For contrast, a few years ago we were hitting 115.
    Post edited by Funfetus on
  • The last few days and the following days are in the upper 80's and lower 90's. FUCK THIS.
    seriously?

At least by the end of the week it will get cooler.
    Same here. And damn high humidity. Anything over 65 feels too warm to me.
  • This has been a remarkably mild SoCal summer.
    Yeah, what the fuck. It's been dreadfully overcast for way too many days this summer. Maybe this means we're going to have a hot September-October-November again this year?
    seriously?
    Yes, seriously. There is a heat wave here. Record highs today in upper 90's actually.

I'm never used to this. I want my overcast and cool days back.
  • I totally agree with Ro. I literally spent all day inside theaters to get away from the heat.
  • I'm in Las Vegas right now. If you think it's hot where you are, why don't you try 35 degrees at 12:30!
  • I'm in Las Vegas right now. If you think it's hot where you are, why don't you try 35 degrees at 12:30!
    I do. It's called "Late Spring".
    I do. It's called "Late Spring".
    Fuck, shoulda specified 12:30 AM. Also, Celsius.
  • Fuck, shoulda specified 12:30 AM. Also, Celsius.
    That's exactly what I figured on.
  • I live in a desert.

I live in a desert too.

I mean I live in a desert!

My whole country is desert.
  • Yes, seriously. There is a heat wave here. Record highs today in upper 90's actually.

I'm never used to this. I want my overcast and cool days back.
    85 and 30% humidity is not a heat wave.
  • 85 and 30% humidity is not a heat wave.
    Where are you getting your information from?

Yesterday the high was 95 degrees with 20% humidity. It was fucking hot. It rarely is over 90 degrees here, so Washingtonians are not used to such shit weather.
  • 95 degrees with 20% humidity
    I wish our weather was like that. We get 95 60-70%, which is a hell of a lot worse. One week it was 102 and 25%, I honestly preferred that greatly to the 95 and 65%.
  • I live in a desert.

I live in a desert too.

I read that as kind of a romance song. I don't know why, but it sounded nice.
  • I live in a desert.

I live in a desert too.

I can just imagine what the "It's soooo woman outside" thread will bring. :P
  • Hello New York. This is Peter. If you weren't aware, it's almost October. It's very nearly fall. Did you know that? Because, see, if you knew that it was almost October, then why the fuck is it 90 outside?