This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Job interviews

edited March 2007 in Everything Else
Wish me luck, folks. I've got three job interviews over the next two days, starting in two hours. I'm not too worried about my credentials or charm; I'm more concerned that when you search for a marketing position the job descriptions are often incredibly misleading. An ad for a network administrator, I would imagine, is fairly straightforward: Have X certification with Y knowledge of Z. Not so when you're in the publishing/PR business. I hope I'm not wasting my time with these places.

Also, it's the first time in several years that I've bothered to stop griping about how my job sucks and actually do something proactive about it. There's a certain fear of the unknown when gambling on a new job and wagering your house and finances on it. So yeah, I'm a little bit nervous.

Comments

• edited March 2007
    I'm right there with you!

I've had a few hits on my Craigslist ad but they have all been too far away :(
    Post edited by HMTKSteve on
  • I just finished last week. Now I am just waiting for the offer letters.
  • Wear a nicer tie than you did in that one picture on the resume thread. HaHa.

Seriously, good luck.
  • edited March 2007
    I just got a call from one of my Craigslist "contacts"... As soon as she said, "I'm not looking for a programmer right now but..." I knew it was something else.

She was trolling for people to join up in the insurance/debt management business. As soon as she mentioned Citi I thought "Primerica" and that was it.
    Post edited by HMTKSteve on
  • Good luck! I'm looking for work at the moment too so I sympathise. My problem, everyone wants someone with experience, how do you get experience without working? Fuck knows.
  • I've got an interview on Monday, also an essay I haven't started due.
  • I'm going to a networking event for software developers tomorrow and I don't know what to wear. http://imgur.com/izq46HT,4p13sKt,5jkqZHD,R6g5JLJ,dcahRJD,RnaPTAu,DShNMBo
  • Oh and I guess another thing: is it better to put software you develop with friends as "work experience" or leave it out?
  • If you can talk and answer questions about it, put it down as a personal project.