This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

BSG Season 3 Finale (Most likely will involve spoilers)

edited March 2007 in Everything Else
What the fuck. Seriously.

EDIT: Oh and Scott, don't come in here ranting about how you don't watch T.V and how T.V in no way effects your life cause you're above that.

Comments

• Oh and Scott, don't come in here ranting about how you don't watch T.V and how T.V in no way effects your life cause you're above that.
    I second that.
  • I told you all along. Starbuck is a Cyclon mummy sent back in time to destroy Clinton before inflation can get out of control. I mean, who didn't see that plot "twist" coming from a mile away? Then Richard Hatch and Dirk Benedict were totally in a three-way with Lorne Greene in an attempt to give birth to the "chosen one" who would pilot EVA Unit 01 to defeat the angels! I was like, whoa! What a season finale!
  • *Sigh* I really liked this show, but the switch to Sunday night really screwed up my viewing. I can never remember to watch it or to record it. It just never occurs to me.

The last episode I saw was the one where Dee found Starbuck's crash site and rescued her. The preview for the next show seemed to have a bit where Baltar woke up in a Resurrection Ship (but it may have been a dream of course). Could someone tell me what happened since then or direct me to a spoiler site that could catch me up? Please feel free to whisper or email me if you don't want to spoil anyone else's viewing. I don't particularly care about being spoiled. I just want to know what happened.

That bit last October where Adama jumped the Galactica into the atmosphere of New Caprica in order to launch Vipers into the atmosphere and then jumped again right after the launch was the best and most original special effect I've ever seen on television.
  • edited March 2007
    Thank you. This is a very nice link.

One other question (if you'll kindly excuse the noob-iness sound of it and keep in mind that I'm really really old (and sick)): Is there anywhere a person can view the episodes online? What about "Heroes"?
    Post edited by HungryJoe on
  • I was fairly sure that NBC offered all of Heroes for viewing on the official website.
  • DVR FTW!

If not for my DVR I would not catch any network TV shows.
  • I missed it but I got to watch ROME (awesome show by the way). Nevertheless, I am pretty sure I can get it from a friend.
  • DVR FTW!

If not for my DVR I would not catch any network TV shows.
    Do you remember how you were telling us about your wife frowning upon certain purchases? Mine won't allow DVR (she won't allow HBO or Showtime either - c'est la vie).
  • No HBO, talking about HBO. Here in America you guys get HBO "Latin". We do not get that in South America, we HBO "ole" (insert dancing guy while dancing flamenco" , yeah I am serious).
  • My wife insisted on getting one after I kept complaining about missed shows. She agreed to the purchase to shut me up. You might want to try the same strategy.
  • OK. I watched the ep last night and here are my comments:

1) The trial - I'm not surprised about this. I'm sure this script was written around the time of Saddam's trial and was probably written in an attempt to capture the events of the day much as Star Trek used to do.

2) Starbuck - I saw that one coming for a while now. Why was she flying a Vyper though?

3) The other four - Didn't Balthar create a Cylon blood test during season one and test EVERYONE???

4) What was with the power failure? Are you telling me the "coming out" of four Cylons can cripple a fleet?

5) How can the other Cylons not know about these five "new" Cylons? Didn't they create them? WTF?

6) Doesn't this mean there are now two half-Cylon babies on Galactica?

7) No new shows until 2008????
  • edited March 2007
    OK. I watched the ep last night and here are my comments:

1) The trial - I'm not surprised about this. I'm sure this script was written around the time of Saddam's trial and was probably written in an attempt to capture the events of the day much as Star Trek used to do.

2) Starbuck - I saw that one coming for a while now. Why was she flying a Vyper though?

3) The other four - Didn't Balthar create a Cylon blood test during season one and test EVERYONE???

4) What was with the power failure? Are you telling me the "coming out" of four Cylons can cripple a fleet?

5) How can the other Cylons not know about these five "new" Cylons? Didn't they create them? WTF?

6) Doesn't this mean there are now two half-Cylon babies on Galactica?

7) No new shows until 2008????
    2> Who didn't see that coming?

3> Baltar said after he developed the test everybody passes because he didn't want to stick his neck out.

4> Not sure about this, hopefully we will see this explained.

5> They have said before that they have no memory of the "Final Five." We don't know why, but these cylons are different somehow.

6> Yep.

7> Yep, and doesn't that suck.

My biggest question is what the hell is going on with Tigh's history. He's been "alive" for at least 40 years. Even though he and Adama didn't meet until after the war, they met shortly after the war and have known each other for the entire time.
    Post edited by Pilitus on
  • edited March 2007
    My biggest question is what the hell is going on with Tigh's history. He's been "alive" for at least 40 years. Even though he and Adama didn't meet until after the war, they met shortly after the war and have known each other for the entire time.
    Remember the quote"it has happened before, and it will happen again." The origins of the Cylons and humans may not be as clear cut as we once thought. Tigh could have been a descendant of a long line of nearly biological identical Cylons that have lived with the humans since they created the colonies. What if the events that are occurring now lead to another colonization of planets? We may need to look at the mythos of the gods a little more seriously for clues to the fleets future.

EDIT: As for the long wait, they just started filming the fourth season, so it will take a while. HOWEVER, there will be a 2-hour movie released sometime before the Season 4 premiere. Link. The movie will cover the events of the Pegasus before it encountered the Galactica.
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • I still want to know how these "new" Cylons made it past the big Cylon blood test episode.
  • Baltar said after he developed the test everybody passes because he didn't want to stick his neck out.
  • I still want to know how these "new" Cylons made it past the big Cylon blood test episode.
    I told you, if you paid attention to that episode Baltar says to Head-Six near the end of the episode, "Everybody passes." He rigged the machine so that it would never give him any result but a negative. The blood test was never actually done to anyone except Boomer.
  • Ahh... I missed most of the earlier episodes and currently have them in my NetFlix que.

Guess I should have read the FAQ?
  • I found this on the internets:

I agree about the life starting on Earth. I think they're going to find that someone from Earth created the Cylons and the 12 models were the actual founder-gods of the 12 colonies, who in turn created the human population that's now on the run. So Earth is the original home base of the current Cylons and/or both these Cylons and the colonists are racing to find home.

Anyway, whoever started this whole life/death cycle, that person clearly had some big neurosis, cutting the edges off all square corners and all... Who's afraid of a few right angles?
    Another person mentioned that life probably originated on Earth and that Earth sent the "12 secret Cylons" out to the 12 colonies to bring the humans and the Cylons together.
  • I'm just glad they finally did something besides soap opera drama. Although the long wait til 2008 sucks...

Also, exactly WHAT those four are isn't actually verified. It's probable that they're some sort of cylons, but all we have is their own convictions.

As for Balthar's trial...the verdict was fairly obvious. I mean, Balthar may be an ass, but he did pretty much the best thing he could for their survival when New Caprica was invaded. Also, why would the show even have a trial if the verdict wasn't going to be significant?

Personally, I kinda just enjoy watching the show without trying too hard to figure out what's going to happen. Maybe now that they're back in a big dilemma the drawn out relationship drama will go back into the background.
  • B-A-L-T-A-R
  • The Tigh thing is really interesting, if he is the first human looking Cylon does he have problems like a beta of software? Maybe his drinking is a sign of a bug? Maybe he isn't counted among the 12 if he was the first one and there are still 2 more Cylons to be shown?

I'd forgotten that Starbuck had died! When Sam was making out with whats her face I was really wondering where she was. It was only when the pilots were scrambling that I remembered she was dead.

I think 4 of the final 5 coming out could cause a power failure, remember what happened to Xena when she saw the face of one of them? They obviously are somehow different and maybe have weird spooky powers.

So who is the last Cylon? I really have no idea, I've gone through thinking almost everyone on the cast was one. I know this, if its someone we've never heard of I'll be pissed.

Also they had Dylan in the colonies? Awesome!
  • I thought Starbuck was the last one?
    Do we know that for sure? I may have either not taken that in or forgotten in, I did forget she had disappeared.
    We are not exactly sure on that one. She did die and then show up again, but that doesn't have any proof that she is a cylon. Actually, it raises more questions than it answers. How did she get a new Viper? Not only was it a new Viper, but it was a MkII Viper, a discontinued model, so the Cylons couldn't have salvaged it from Caprica or something. How did she come from the rear if she had no FTL drive in the Viper?
  • Unless she isn't actually there and is a hallucination.
  • Next Season on Battlestar Gallactica: The fleet arrives outside Earth orbit, they begin celebrating their great achievement and mourning those that didn't make it. Adama delivers a moving speech before leading the fleet triumphantly towards their new home.

The planet sees a large group of alien ships arriving, freaks out, every country launches nuclear weapons. They all die, oops, sorry!
  • edited April 2007
    The planet sees a large group of alien ships arriving, freaks out, every country launches nuclear weapons. They all die, oops, sorry!
    They deploy a top secret unit to defend Earth. It is known as...X-Com.
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • They deploy a top secret unit to defend Earth. It is known as...X-Com.
    They find Earth, Covered in a Slave Shield by the Ur-quan!