This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

"Chi Master" vs MMA Fighter

edited March 2007 in Everything Else
Guess who wins? Link

Comments

• I believe this was a thing of the day awhile back. However, this is a better version of the video which shows the master at work before it shows the master getting worked over. The original video just showed the beating.
  • I think the ToTD was this video. This guy is just full of bullshit.
  • I think the ToTD was thisvideo.This guy is just full of bullshit.
    I remember the other video being a thing of the day also, but maybe I'm wrong. Either way, I've definitely seen it before.
  • This is pretty cool though, the thought of sound attacks, plus the end is pretty impressive.
  • Thisis pretty cool though, the thought of sound attacks, plus the end is pretty impressive.
    For the bell, he is just stomping his foot. You can see the camera shake.
  • Thisis pretty cool though, the thought of sound attacks, plus the end is pretty impressive.
    For the bell, he is just stomping his foot. You can see the camera shake.
    Yeah. I'm sure if this guy yelled at me, I would jump back from surprise, but I wouldn't fall over or anything. It does look like he actually has some real martial arts skills though, so I probably couldn't beat him up like the old guy in the first video. Also, he won't do it more than twice to one person at one time? Yeah, because it won't work once they realize it's just BS.
  • For the bell, he is just stomping his foot. You can see the camera shake.
    Have you ever tried ringing a bell by stomping your foot? The camera may have shook, but it wouldn't have created that clear ring from the bell. Plus the last one he does from across the room... still stomping his foot? I think not.

Here is a proven 1 knockout chop. I'm liking this british documentaryish karate stuff.
  • Have you ever tried ringing a bell by stomping your foot? The camera may have shook, but it wouldn't have created that clear ring from the bell. Plus the last one he does from across the room... still stomping his foot? I think not.
    It may be possible that he hits a correct frequency with the sound to make the bell resonate. However, I am extremely skeptical that the sheer force of his kiai would make it ring. Besides, we don't know what type of floor he is on. Considering that the camera can shake from his foot stomp, I'm assuming that it is not very sturdy.
  • edited March 2007
    Regardless of the type of floor a stomp wouldn't make the bell ring, think about it logically, it doesn't work. If the human voice can shatter a wine glass, then I'm sure that it can ring a bell.

Also looking at the floor I would bet it is tatami matt which is soft (for the most part) and gives under pressure, making the stomp even less likely.
    Post edited by Corbin on
  • If the human voice can shatter a wine glass, then I'm sure that it can ring a bell.
    Do you know how one breaks a wine glass through the human voice? It has to deal with the natural frequency of the glass. When the frequency of a sound has a frequency that matches the natural frequency of an object, it causes that object to oscillate at its maximum amplitude. This is called acoustic resonance.

If a singer can match the frequency of the glass which allows it to resonate long enough, the oscillations of the glass may then cause the glass to shatter. Its the same effect when you hold the bottom of your wine glass with one hand and with a wet finger you rub the edge of the glass. When you do this, you are making the glass resonate. The glass will then begin to ring or "sing." However, if you do this, you may also cause the glass to shatter, just as if you made the glass resonate with your voice.

I'm guessing that if it isn't the foot stomping, it is his voice matching the natural frequency of the bell. This in itself is not very special, anyone skilled vocally could produce such an effect. However, making a bell ring through resonance is far different then acoustically "attacking" someone.
  • I was talking purely about the bell... o.O

I said it was an interesting idea "attacking" someone with sound, I never said that a Kiai could do it... ^_~
  • This is how you attack people with sound.
  • I thought this was how you attack people with sound.
  • I'm pretty sure this is the defintion of a sonic assault.