This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Netflix for Boardgames: Boardgame Exchange

edited August 2010 in Board Games
I was browsing through Google Reader Suggested Items and this popped up: BoardGame Exchange. Basically, you pay something like 27 to 33 bucks a month (depending on if you pay by the year or not), and you can get board games delivered to your door, Netflix style. The only thing preventing me from signing up is that it's kinda pricey. I mean, two months of this service would be basically a game. And right now, I don't have a lot of the basic board games I want and would play a lot with my group. Plus, you can only get two out per month. So I doubt I'll be signing up for this any time soon. But it looks like an interesting service.

Comments

• This might be appealing if they guarantee that every piece is included in the box, and how many copies of each game they are going to stock.
  • I think the biggest problem is that DVDs are really easy to ship in a magic envelope. That's the only reason Netflix works. Boardgames are in all shapes and sizes, so shipping will kill them.
  • I think the biggest problem is that DVDs are really easy to ship in a magic envelope. That's the only reason Netflix works. Boardgames are in all shapes and sizes, so shipping will kill them.
    Descent or Arkham Horror. HAHAHAHAHA. Seriously that would be retarded for shipping costs. Not to mention if you also want expansions.

IMO, it's just better to go to local game stores and demo games, or have an awesome circle of friends that all purchase different games so you can play them all. If you don't have these, get them! ^____~