This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

How the fuck do I whisper or PM?

edited August 2010 in Forum Stuff
So?

Comments

• See that box above the comment box that says "Whisper your comments to (optional)"?

Use that.
  • edited August 2010
    OK, but it still posted my whole comment to the thread.
    Post edited by Rym on
  • You "Start a new discussion" and then whisper it to someone to create a private thread. There are no PM inboxes, everything is thread-based.
  • edited August 2010
    OK, thanks. Can you help me with another problem?
    Post edited by Rym on
  • ok thanks can you help me with another problem?
    Possibly. It really depends on what that problem is. ;^)
  • OK,thanks. Can you help me with another problem?
    Do not ask if you can ask a question. Just ask your question. This is true in all communication mediums.
    *sigh* OK, but you'll need to provide the tequila and vaseline.
    No, we cannot help you with other problem. Insert coin.
    *inserts 10c*
    *inserts 10c*
    Real money only please.
    Oh, it's my turn to bring the vicegrips and Gaffer's tape again?
    Oh, it's my turn to bring the vicegrips and Gaffer's tape again?
    Well I am on rota to bring a soldering iron, so I am just not sure.
  • Just make sure you clean up properly this time.
  • No girl who makes you fight her ex boyfriends in single combat is worth it.
  • edited August 2010
    No girl who makes you Defeat her Exes in single combat is worth it.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • No girl who makes youDefeatherExesin single combat is worth it.
    I dunno...She's pretty hot. And she's got access to that whole subspace super highway thing...
    No, go to a doctor.
  • He whispered me his other problem and I helped him, chill.
  • edited August 2010
    OK,thanks. Can you help me with another problem?
    Yes, come back with a bucket of lard, four pineapples imported from France, and a used VHS copy of Caligula starring Malcolm Mcdowell.

Edit: In all seriousness, we should probably start a Closed, Sticky thread along the lines of "How to use this forum." I just wanted to mention Malcolm Mcdowell today.
    Post edited by progSHELL on
  • You know I'm getting really tired of this rather adversarial (whether it is meant in jest or not) song we keep singing when a new person has a question about the forums or any other related problem? I think Sail is setting a good precedent here, so why don't we follow that instead of busting his balls.
  • She's pretty hot.
    She looks a lot better in other photos than she did in the movie. I'm not saying she looked bad in the movie by any means, but the hotness meter increases off screen.
  • Might have just been due to more photoshop. Are we talking poster images or just general press shots?
  • You know I'm getting really tired of this rather adversarial (whether it is meant in jest or not) song we keep singing when a new person has a question about the forums or any other related problem? I think Sail is setting a good precedent here, so why don't we follow that instead of busting his balls.
    Quit whining. "How the fuck do I whisper or PM?" is not a question begging politeness. People can respond however they want. Sail chose to be nice. That's good of him.
  • edited August 2010
    Might have just been due to more photoshop. Are we talking poster images or just general press shots?
    I mean during the movie. She has those big "deer caught in headlights" eyes throughout the flick. Especially in the first party scene.
    You know I'm getting really tired of this rather adversarial (whether it is meant in jest or not) song we keep singing when a new person has a question about the forums or any other related problem? I think Sail is setting a good precedent here, so why don't we follow that instead of busting his balls.
    Quit whining. "How the fuck do I whisper or PM?" is not a question begging politeness. People can respond however they want. Sail chose to be nice. That's good of him.
    Geo just needs to chill out a bit. He's a nice guy, but a little too excitable. And I was nice; I was the first one to welcome the new guy.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
    Without all of the "witty" comments, how could they show their "superior intellect" to everybody. Come on get with the program here.

But to honest, I'm not sure asking "How the fuck do I Whisper or PM?", isn't just begging to to be fucked with also.
  • And I was nice; I was the first one to welcome the new guy.
    Haha don't worry, I wasn't saying "Sail was nice, but Sonic was a total dick!". You were nice too, and that was good of you too.
    edited August 2010
    I hate missing out on these kinds of threads.
    Post edited by ... on
  • I hate missing out on these kinds of threads.
    I hate when you miss out on these kinds of threads, too.
  • I hate missing out on these kinds of threads.
    I hate when you miss out on these kinds of threads, too.
    This was just the right thread for you too.
  • edited September 2010
    You know I'm getting really tired of this rather adversarial (whether it is meant in jest or not) song we keep singing when a new person has a question about the forums or any other related problem?
    Though I agree that an adversarial attitudes towards new members can be pretty shitty, CaptainTim didn't really present himself in a positive light.
    So?
    Come on, now.
    Post edited by VentureJ on