This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GeekNights 070402 - April Fools Day on the Internet

RymRym
edited April 2007 in Everything Else
Tonight on GeekNights, we talk a bit about April Fool's Day. In the news, ICANN rejects .xxx again, and Ribena was advertised falsely.

Scott's Thing - A good Ventriloquist
Rym's Thing - 1955 Nash Commercial

Comments

• OH EM GEE I CAN'T BELIEVE U GUYZ IMPERSONATE PPL ON DA FORUMS Y WULD U DO DAT
  • The female ventriloquist wasn't that good.

Here's Jeff Dunham:

April Fools DUMBASS!!

Achmed - the dead terrorist
  • You know, Mr. Period as been strangely absent on the forums recently. I wonder what happened...
  • The drink Ribena is pronounced: Ry-bee-na
  • I would have said Rye-bean-ahh, but its probably a regional thing, like the Vauge/Vag thing.
  • Yeah...I'll just wait for the word 'Iraq' to come up and just go from there...
    Oh, mans, that was a ROFLcopter moment.

LeekNights would have been totally lame. Even if you had managed to do it straight-up.
  • Man... I've been drinking Ribena since I was a kid. It was tasty and APPARENTLY "loaded in vitamin-C". I CURSE YOU GLAXOSMITHKLINE!
  • Yeah, Sail is right. I don't think there would be any way to make Leeknights funny. It's just an inherently unfunny concept.
  • Wow, I watched that cartoon back on the 50 year anniversary of Walt Disney, I think my country got it a couple of years late though. Anyhow, it seems that the translation to Spanish though very accurate make it does not sound racist at all, but I think is because is because of the voices. I loved that animation.
  • Yeah, Sail is right. I don't think there would be any way to make Leeknights funny. It's just an inherently unfunny concept.
    They could have Scooter Libby come on the show and call it LeakNights.
    They could have Scooter Libby come on the show and call it LeakNights.
    You don't know how much I tried to come up with a Leaknights joke. All of them involved pee.
  • Although Leeknights may have been funny for a little while, I don't think you could have kept it up for a whole episode. Well at least not at a level we've come to expect from GN.
  • edited April 2007
    Well, I found this, so It might look that it will come out in DVD at least in some countries.

Edit: Here a place where you can get it. Though I do not know if it is legal :P
    Post edited by Erwin on
  • Leeknights...enh, not so much.

Now, perhaps if it were Greeknights. where you spent the episode debating the merits of souvlaki, gyros and baklava...

Or maybe Bleaknights, where you piss and moan like emo losers...
  • I do believe Greeknights would have been do-able. Especially if you talked about ancient Greek mythology. :D
  • edited April 2007
    THIS IS GREEEEEEEEEEEKNIIIIIIIIGHTS! Tonight, we podcast... IN HELL!
    Post edited by Jason on
  • Man... I've been drinking Ribena since I was a kid. It was tasty and APPARENTLY "loaded in vitamin-C". I CURSE YOU GLAXOSMITHKLINE!
    Apparently when they said 'the blackcurrents in Ribena have twice the vitamin C as oranges' they meant, 'the blackcurrents in Ribena used have a lot of vitamin C in them, then we mushed them up, concentrated them, added chemicals and sugar and threw all the good stuff away.'
  • edited April 2007
    If you want a good ventriloquist, check out some of Jeff Dunham's work. He's so much better than the one linked to. It seems like she was cheating by keeping the microphone in front of her face.

Edit: Fuck. mitsukai beat me to it.
    Post edited by trogdor9 on