This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Dating

Comments

• edited November 2009
    I prefer using "The fairer sex" or "The gender more suited to violent personal exchanges," by which I am of course referring to the well-known weakness of men's more private organs in those situations.
    I generally say "Frails", "Marys", or "Skirts".
    Don't poke the feminist fellas... ^_~
    Post edited by Kate Monster on
  • edited November 2009
    I prefer using "The fairer sex" or "The gender more suited to violent personal exchanges," by which I am of course referring to the well-known weakness of men's more private organs in those situations.
    I generally say "Frails", "Marys", or "Skirts".
    Don't poke the feminist fellas... ^_~
    . . . as in:

I was in my office late that night nursing a shiner I'd gotten after some palooka decided I'd looked cross-eyed at his frail down in Casey's joint, when in comes this skirt who looked like trouble. "I need a gumshoe to find my husband.", she said.

"Maybe he wants to be lost, beautiful", I said, reaching into the bottom left drawer for the fifth and the .38 I keep there. I keep one loaded and the other keeps me loaded.

"You gonna have some Coke with that whiskey?", asked the twist. I replied harshly, "What do I look like? A Mary?"
    Post edited by HungryJoe on
  • Yes... in noir and pulp it works. In real life, not so much...
  • I've always liked the word "dame," personally. It sounds less insulting, I think.
  • edited November 2009
    Yes... in noir and pulp it works. In real life, not so much...
    My life is one long noir/pulp movie.
    I've always liked the word "dame," personally. It sounds less insulting, I think.
    "Twist" is good, too. Also, "Sister". "Frail" is best.
    Post edited by HungryJoe on
  • This is a really nice gesture, but it doesn't always work out for every guy. For example, I'm substantially larger than every woman I've ever dated, so my coats are far too large for them to be comfortable, effective, or stylish. It just winds up looking ridiculous.
    I'm imagining your jacket on Nuri. You could warp her in it like a taco!
  • edited November 2009
    When I am being silly I like lass, gal, girlie, tomato, broad, dame, fräulein, doll, and moll.
    Post edited by Kate Monster on
  • This is a really nice gesture, but it doesn't always work out for every guy. For example, I'm substantially larger than every woman I've ever dated, so my coats are far too large for them to be comfortable, effective, or stylish. It just winds up looking ridiculous.
    You really have no idea. It's absurd. A peacoat would have worked perfectly with her outfit, but mine is almost twice as wide at the shoulders as she is. I couldn't stop laughing.
    You really have no idea. It's absurd. A peacoat would have worked perfectly with her outfit, but mine is almost twice as wide at the shoulders as she is. I couldn't stop laughing.
    Well you could fit almost 3 Nuris in the space you occupy.
  • Well you could fit almost 3 Nuris in the space you occupy.
    Almost? You underestimate the tiny-ness of Nuri.
  • Imagining more than one Nuri in one place frankly scares the crap out of me, so we're done with this thought. :P
  • Why does it scare you? Nuris is fantastic. Multiple Nuris equates to multiple fantasticks!
  • But what if they start to argue...

*hides*
  • But what if they start to argue...

*hides*
    You just walk into another room and wait a while. Eventually they will all come to a consensus and start knitting.
  • We're gonna need more yarn.
  • edited November 2009
    *walks into this thread*

...uhm...*ahem*

And by the way, Pete...it may have looked ridiculous like a little girl wearing her daddy's jacket, but it was WARM, and that is what mattered.

I already argue with myself, George. I have to in order to present well-reasoned opinions!
    We're gonna need more yarn.
    Really? REALLY?
    Post edited by Nuri on
  • I already argue with myself, George.
    How did you see me?!? I hid!
  • How did you see me?!? I hid!
    She rolled 4 Successes.

• And by the way, Pete...it may have looked ridiculous like a little girl wearing her daddy's jacket, but it was WARM, and that is what mattered.
    You really, really, really don't know how ridiculous it looked. I'm sure it was quite warm, though.
    Really? REALLY?
    Are you going to complain if I hand you some brand new skeins of yarn? Really?
  • There's a simple explanation, George. There's magic in my eyes. I can see for miles and miles.

Pete; I'm just saying, where would it go? There is so much yarn it is encroaching on my bed, and with my wrist all gimpified, I can't knit right now. And I know how ridiculous it looked, but the ridiculousness cannot overcome the power of cute, so it's all good.
  • And I know how ridiculous it looked, but the ridiculousness cannot overcome the power of cute, so it's all good.
    This is true.
  • edited November 2009
    I think he has some sort of mental or social disorder combined with (or brought about by) an obviously limited social circle and a more extreme religious background (assumed based on some of his wording and sentiments).

"My sweet panda..."
    "... but I digress from holding a Playboy."

WTF?

You hit the nail on the head. He is a self-proclaimed high-functioning autistic. My professor in my Sp. Ed class says that this is pretty much the same as Asperger's.
    On one hand, I feel bad for him, for having a disability and a presumably bad upbringing. It's not the awkwardness that offends me; I'm preparing to deal with similar awkwardness in younger children.
    On the other hand, I'd still never want to be near him for long. I'd be very uncomfortable. There are young adults with Aspergers that don't have the qualities that make him exceptionally offensive. Be it a manifestation of his disability or not, he objectifies and obsesses over women, and gets carried away around them.
    Post edited by Nillia on
  • Bumpin', cuz this seems to be a hot topic these days.
  • Bumpin', cuz this seems to be a hot topic these days.
    I blame open relationships. Every time you add a new person to the equation it gets factorially more complicated. Srsly.
  • I blame open relationships. Every time you add a new person to the equation it gets factorially more complicated. Srsly.
    Open relationships are only complicated if the people involved aren't honest with both eachother and themselves.
  • Open relationships are only complicated if the people involved aren't honest with both eachother and themselves.
    No, they're still really complicated. Honesty is just how you keep "complicated" from turning into "raging conflagration of jealousy and hate."

That was mostly tongue-in-cheek, though. You don't need more than two for things to get complicated.
  • If you want an open relationship you are asking for trouble and drama. You DESERVE trouble and drama.
  • If you want an open relationship you are asking for trouble and drama. YouDESERVEtrouble and drama.
    I would disagree. It's not something I'd ever want, but if both people enter it KNOWING and ACCEPTING that it's an open relationship, and that there's going to be screwing around, and that the relationship is not an exclusive one, it can be fine. It's when one person in the relationship either doesn't know or doesn't realize what that means that trouble can start.
  • I would disagree. It's not something I'd ever want, but if both people enter it KNOWING and ACCEPTING that it's an open relationship, and that there's going to be screwing around, and that the relationship is not an exclusive one, it can be fine. It's when one person in the relationship either doesn't know or doesn't realize what that means that trouble can start.
    This is how it's done. Everybody needs to be honest and up-front with what they want. Also, they need to be good communicators. Trust is paramount. Everybody needs to be on-board and know exactly what's going on, and agree to it.

The thing is, most people suck at relationships of any sort as it is. If you put together three or four people, all of whom suck at relationships, the triad or tetrad or whatever is going to fail epically.
  • If you want an open relationship you are asking for trouble and drama. YouDESERVEtrouble and drama.
    Is this a moral judgment, i.e. "Jesus only wants you to have sex with one person, ever," or is this just an opinion regarding the actual mechanical feasibility of open relationships? Are you saying that they're wrong, or that they're analogous to trying to put a rocket on your bicycle?