This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Non-Shit-Talk of Your Day

Comments

• Also, in no way do I advocate circumventing extant regulations for the purposes of conducting business, or for any other purpose, nor do my comments reflect the endorsement of such action by the Department of Agriculture and Markets.

/ass, meet cover
    As you post this from work...
  • Also, in no way do I advocate circumventing extant regulations for the purposes of conducting business, or for any other purpose, nor do my comments reflect the endorsement of such action by the Department of Agriculture and Markets.

/ass, meet cover
    As you post this from work...
    Shush you.
  • As you post this from work...
    One thing I've learned about internet usage and working for the government, as long as it's not a blocked site and no one higher than you is trying to find a reason to fire you, you're pretty much good to go.
  • As you post this from work...
    One thing I've learned about internet usage and working for the government, as long as it's not a blocked site and no one higher than you is trying to find a reason to fire you, you're pretty much good to go.
    I try not to abuse it too much, but I'm wicked bored right now...
  • I try not to abuse it too much, but I'm wicked bored right now...
    Same here. I also make sure I get my major work completed by the end of the day as well. As long as your work isn't suffering, internets ahoy!
  • I finished making a book club section for frontrowcrew.com. You can't see it yet, though, because we still have to do data entry.
  • I finally finished my game review for Modern Day Pirates. Just need a critique of it before I send it to the editors.
  • Today, shit-talking. Spent most of the day at this event. Didn't get shit for shit done.
  • All matters pertaining to Hodgeman are excusable.
  • Today, shit-talking. Spent most of the day atthis event. Didn't get shit for shit done.
    We did eat that expensive steak afterward.
  • Today, shit-talking. Spent most of the day atthis event. Didn't get shit for shit done.
    We did eat that expensive steak afterward.
    I believe that is shit-making, not shit-talking
  • Worked on adding a video section to frontrowcrew.com for things like Scott's Box and such.
  • Edited together a multi-camera segment related to Project ST.
    Set up the ConnectiCon 2011 panel submission system. (I expect it to go live before the end of October).
  • Recorded a podcast.
  • Recorded a podcast.
  • I'd like to publicly acknowledge Eryn, Neito, Nukerjsr, and Ro for their excellent non-shit-talk of responding to my call for new authors at MDP a few weeks back. They all helped make September a record month with 57 full-length posts, and I can't thank them enough!
  • I have to finish up my review of Monster Hunter Freedom 2, plus I've got a video game opinion article in my brain-meats that I gotta get out.
  • edited October 2010
    Deleted over one thousand emails, forwarded my campus address to my main Gmail. Getting to work on a Zero Inbox. Created an Evernote account to keep track of all my crazy projects and things I want to do, as well as random junk.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • I didn't do much in the way of non-shit talking today. I'm mostly just fried from staying up late last night. I did manage to spend some time tinkering with Pyro. So I learned something. Also did the dishes. Didn't really do any production of creative works, though.
  • I wrote the rough draft of a hobo comic, started drawing another one, and finished writing a song.
  • I started building a guest bedroom.
  • Guest bedroom non-shit-talking or the day:
    Extended light cable under decking.
    Run cable for electric and install power outlets.
    Work out curtains.
    Secure windows.
    Fit three new lights.
    Fit two new light switches.
    Wash mattress cover.
    Fix ladder in place (I need to re-do this one though).

Also:
    Steal massive bit of wood from the front yard to build a new table (if someone is going to leave the wood right next to my front door, they can't expect it not to disappear. If I was to buy that wood new it would cost hundreds of euros.)
    Buy and fit ceiling fan to circulate warm air from near the ceiling to down where I need it.

And:
    Buy ticket for TAM London.
    Catch up with my brother and his family on Skype after not chatting for a month.

Tomorrow:
    Berlin is fucking cold. I'm converting my apartment into its winter configuration. The new table should make this interesting.
  • Luke, I just want to say this: you win
  • Did our event at Kinokuniya.
  • Did our event at Kinokuniya.
    What is this event you speak of?
  • I am going to make tonight incredible. Sordid details following.
  • I did it. Details in Boo-yah thread.
  • I finally sent the girl I like a follow-up facebook message, like I told her I would.
    So I've been trying to write this for the past two hours, but every time I think I'm done, it doesn't look right. This time is the last time.

So here it goes (again). Thursday felt a little awkward, even though we both said then that it wasn't. You seemed a bit taken aback and I know I'm no smooth operator.

But I still mean what I said. I like you. A lot. I think you're awesome and funny and cute. And, not to put too fine a point on it, I'm romantically interested in you and I'd like to take you out on a date.

So, what do you say?

Signed,
    Victor
  • Luke, I just want to say this: you win
    You do know I've just come back home from a 4 week vacation, right? I've got a shit ton of work to catch up with!
  • There's that big difference between having a lot of work to catch up with and actually catching up with it.