This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

It's sooo hot (I.E. Weather bitch thread)

Comments

• I think I can safely say that Dromaro, Sail, and NEED TO SACK UP AND DEAL WITH IT.
  • edited September 2010
    I think I can safely say that Churba NEEDS TO PUT ALL HIS BELONGINGS IN A SACK AND FINALLY MOVE OUT HERE.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • I think I can safely say thatChurbaNEEDS TO PUT ALL HIS BELONGINGS IN A SACK AND FINALLY MOVE OUT HERE.
    I can safely say I AGREE. Fo' serious, going as fast as I can, but I'm determined not to make the same mistakes I did going over to england - for a start, relying on anyone but me - so it's a little slower. Also, it doesn't help that I no longer have the option of spending my savings, since I already did that last time.
  • I think I can safely say thatChurbaNEEDS TO PUT ALL HIS BELONGINGS IN A SACK AND FINALLY MOVE OUT HERE.
    I can safely say I AGREE. Fo' serious, going as fast as I can, but I'm determined not to make the same mistakes I did going over to england - for a start, relying on anyone but me - so it's a little slower. Also, it doesn't help that I no longer have the option of spending my savings, since I already did that last time.
    While you were in england, you didn't save ANY money?
  • edited September 2010
    While you were in England, you didn't save ANY money?
    He wasn't a native, so it was very hard for people to hire him. It got so bad he had to go back to Australia to regroup.
    SO NOW ITS ROUND TWO! ASSAULT ON FOREIGN SOIL: AMERICAN EDITION.
    Post edited by GreyHuge on
  • WTF, there is sun showing. It's been getting warmer here. I want wool accessory wearing weather dammit!
  • WTF, there is sun showing. It's been getting warmer here. I want wool accessory wearing weather dammit!
    It's fucking cold here. You should come visit.
  • Yeah, I actually asked for long underwear and a better hat for christmas. That's how cold it is here.
    It's fucking cold here. You should come visit.
    I would if i could.
  • It's alright in the city today. Not too cold, not too windy. Hovering around freezing.

I think surviving Rochester winters has ruined any other winters for me. That and the fact that I have enough warm coats to invade Russia (and win, this time).
  • That's right. Rochester and its lake effect snow toughens you up.
  • It it -6 C today, and it's getting colder...

(also, I wish I had laundry in my building now)
    It was the same here in the nation's capital. When I took my car out it felt like the gearbox oil was a solid. Had to double clutch my shifts.

-17C :( expected tonight.

I got new tires though so no sliding around anymore!
  • After a chilly walk back across the lovely named 'rape park' I can safely attest that it is 'Woman' out.
  • Today was the most woman in a long time. I just really do not want to go outside until spring.
  • Today was the most woman in a long time. I just really do not want to go outside until spring.
    Gonna be colder tomorrow.
    Gonna be colder tomorrow.
  • I have to say it's been warmer than my liking. This 40/50 degree weather is too early. I want snow.
  • edited January 2011
    I have to say it's been warmer than my liking. This 40/50 degree weather is too early. I want snow.
    Speaking strictly as a college student who has to walk everywhere, in addition to my status as a rower, which requires me to be outside very often, I do not share your desire for frozen precipitation.
    Post edited by progSHELL on
  • 40 and 50 degree weather? It's currently -13F, and has been below -25 with the windchill in the last few days. We also have feet upon feet of snow if you want any.
  • I have to say it's been warmer than my liking. This 40/50 degree weather is too early. I want snow.
    Looks like I've been defeated by 2/3 vote for the SeaTac metropolitan area.
  • 10f right now. I live in Virginia!! What the fuck???

-17C :( expected tonight.

I got new tires though so no sliding around anymore!
    D= Where do you live? I don't think it was that cold even here (Norway)!
  • edited January 2011
    Ohio in the great lakes region.

Here is the current temp in Fahrenheit.
    (°F - 32) x 5/9 = °C
    °C°FDescription
    100212Water boils
    40104Hot Bath
    3798.6Body temperature
    3086 Beach weather
    2170 Room temperature
    1050 Cool Day
    0 32 Freezing point of water
    -180Very Cold Day
    -40-40 Extremely Cold Day (and the same number!)
    Post edited by Alan on
  • It's been surprisingly woman in NYC this weekend, or maybe I've just been outside more. It almost feels like Rochester weather.
  • 'Sup bitches, reporting -5 without wind chill from Rochester.

Fuckin' a, I have to go to class tomorrow.
  • -16 F when I pulled into work judging by the thermometer in my car.
    It's so cold that my fingers went numb in ten minutes while wearing heavy winter gloves.