This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Nintendo 3DS

Comments

• It seems I'm the only one who isn't excited for this. Don't like the joystick getting the primer position, and that almost all the games are already available somewhere else, where you'll get a better experience.
  • It seems I'm the only one who isn't excited for this. Don't like the joystick getting the primer position, and that almost all the games are already available somewhere else, where you'll get a better experience.
    You're not the only one who is "meh" on the idea of a handheld system that does 3D. Hell, I'm "meh" over the whole 3D boom in general. When I go to a movie or play a game I don't want to have the darned thing popping out of the screen or sinking back away from me, I just want to immerse myself in the entertainment. 3D effects are still more jarring than immersive.
  • There's a slider on the top screen so that you can turn off the 3D effects at any time.
  • Sad to see it's not launching till 1Q 2011 in Japan. I have a word trip for Japan planned for the first week of December, and thought it would be awesome to bring one back. That being said, 1/3 of the time work trips get canned, and 1/3 of the time they get delayed, so maybe mine will get pushed back...
  • 3 Words and a number: Mega Man Legends 3.
    Translation: Poop 3.
    Translation: Poop 3.
    You guys played like, twenty minutes of Mega Man Legends 2, as you described it in your Mega Man episode. If you could annoy bad voice acting, the game was totally amazing and fun.
    Also, go anywhere on the internet, no one (who's particularly vocal) is complaining about Mega Man Legends 3 except you.
  • I judge things before they even finish development.
    Hurr durr.

I'll be getting a 3DS. And whatever flashcard those cheeky bastards can churn out first.
  • I'll be getting a 3DS. And whatever flashcard those cheeky bastards can churn out first.
    Megaman Legends one and two were shit games with shit controls. I played the first one quite a bit. Yes, it is possible that Legends 3 could diverge and be good, especially since Capcom is being so awesome lately. I'm just not going to predict good things so soon.

As for 3DS, I would get one at launch, but not before I get a chance to actually use one. Also, if the rumored price of $300 is correct, then fuck it.
  • Man, Megaman Legends was good.
  • Man, Megaman Legends was good.
    I personally feel that The Misadventures of Tron Bonne is the finest Megaman game ever made.
  • go anywhere on the internet, no one is complaining about Mega Man Legends 3 except you.
    Great reasoning=p Guess it really can't suck then
  • go anywhere on the internet, no one is complaining about Mega Man Legends 3 except you.
    No, it just doesn't mean that it, and the series it's from, are automatically poop, as his post said.
  • edited September 2010
    go anywhere on the internet, no one is complaining about Mega Man Legends 3 except you.
    Because your reasoning is so much goddamn better. Entries in a series vary wildly in quality; Devil May Cry was terrific, DMC2 as piss poor, DMC3 terrific again.

You can't pretend to be able to accurately assess the quality of a new game in a series, likely made by a different dev team, based solely on previous efforts. Don't step to people's logic when your own can't hold up to any significant scrutiny.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • ^o) Can you explain how I was thinking, since my logic was so flawed? I haven't said anything about the game. -at all.
  • edited September 2010
    Your sarcasm implies agreement with Scott. "=P" is sarcastic.
  • No. It doesn't. The =P adds sarcasm. But that was directly towards the response Scott got from Axel. I don't agree with Scott. I like Rockman Dash/Mega Man Legends. I just don't think the typical "everyone agrees on so-and-so" point is valid in a discussion like this... which really just comes down to taste.
  • Because your reasoning is so much goddamn better. Entries in a series vary wildly in quality; Devil May Cry was terrific, DMC2 as piss poor, DMC3 terrific again.
    All three DMC are piss poor IMHO.
  • All three DMC are piss poor IMHO.
    DMC 1 was really fun for about 20 minutes.
  • DMC 1 was really fun for about 20 minutes.
    A game that's fun for 20 minutes and never fun again is piss poor.
  • edited September 2010
    That's a matter of taste, I'd say. I really like Bayonetta, you hate Bayonetta, whatever.

Let's find common ground. What is your opinion of Zelda II?

EDIT: Relative to the first LoZ.
    EDIT2: Fuck this conversation. Taste is subjective. I won't waste my time on this argument.
  • Professor Layton and the Mask of Miracle for the 3DS.

That's looks pretty awesome. I will more than likely get a 3DS, but the price is rumored at $300. Fuck. That's more than the Wii. However, I will say I play on my DS a lot more than I do on the Wii.
  • It's not gonna be $300. It's gonna be $250 or maybe even $200. $300 is roughly what it's gonna be in Japan. Of course it'll be cheaper in the US. Tho' here, we'd be damn lucky if we got it for $300. Most likely we'll get it for 2500NOK, which is $420-ish.
  • It's not gonna be $300. It's gonna be $250 or maybe even $200. $300 is roughly what it's gonna be in Japan. Of course it'll be cheaper in the US. Tho' here, we'd be damn lucky if we got it for $300. Most likely we'll get it for 2500NOK, which is $420-ish.
    I said rumored. There is nothing official. Regardless, my point is that it's not going to be cheap.
  • $300 seems like a lot when you first see it, you are getting into console territory. But really, is the DS not just a small portable console? If you get X hours of fun from a console game and the same X hours of fun from a DS game, fun is fun isn’t it?

Also, consider that the 3DS will have at least a 5 year life cycle. How much did you pay for you 2G iPhone and how is that holding out? What about your 2 year old iPod touch. What’s that, you cant even run game centre?

Point being, if you invest your $300 (or whatever it turns out to be) your 3DS will run every 3DS game perfectly for the next 5 years.

Its more than I wanted to pay, but ill pay it.
  • I seriously doubt that it's going to be more than $200. Nintendo is all about keeping the prices down and grabbing the largest possible market share.
  • Also, consider that the 3DS will have at least a 5 year life cycle.
    Yeah because a DS phat is just as good as a ds lite/i

If it was $200 I'd consider it, If I had the cash at the time. I got my Original DS when it came out and was very happy, but a couple years later I got a ds lite because its just flatout better. Sure the original 3DS will probably work in 5 years but who knows how much better the next iteration of it will be.
  • Yeah because a DS phat is just as good as a ds lite
    And that's another thing. They will probably realize that they have a few flaws with the 3DS then come out with a better version. >.<
    Also, consider that the 3DS will have at least a 5 year life cycle. How much did you pay for you 2G iPhone and how is that holding out? What about your 2 year old iPod touch. What’s that, you cant even run game centre?
    Did Nintendo say it will have a 5 year life cycle?

Don't have an iPhone. Don't have an iPod touch. So yeah. I have a DSi. I've had a DS Phat, a DS Lite White, and a DS Lite Pink. I really didn't need to get a DSi when I think about it, however I traded in a lot of games to where it paid for itself.
  • I don't care about the price point. I will buy it at/close to launch even if it hovers around the $300 range.
  • edited September 2010
    DS Phat, while ugly and outdated, still plays every game just fine. Its a DS under the hood. They are actually great for kids as they are built like tanks and really cheap now. I would argue that the DS Phat is actually a better device for kids than the Lite.

I think 5 years is a pretty conservative estimate for a life cycle, The DS is now 6 years old. Games will trickle out for a couple more years, even if Nintendo have moved on.
    Post edited by InvaderREN on