This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Random Comments

Comments

• I got an iPod touch today through my school! Yay!
    Stanza is a pretty snazy app, and I enjoy it! Yay!
    I can't get around the school's block on adding apps, and my teacher wants me to do it. Not yay...
  • Tramampoline! Trambopoline!
  • Every time they call me paranoid, I show them some of my scars.
  • And now, Packaging up a big old bundle of photos to send away to Mr Headphones.
  • Sometimes you feel the need to answer Nature's Call and then she yells at you for 20 for eating Chipotle last night.
  • If I hear Mozart's No. 40 Symphony, one more time...I'm gonna break something. Seriously, we heard it like, 10 times within a 50 minute class.
  • edited October 2010
    Fckinkysaoincazyhl

Edit: Translation is "Fucking keys are going crazy help".
    Post edited by Nine Boomer on
  • Since we're losing money on pennies and nickels these days, why aren't we making them with cheap steel cores instead?
  • edited October 2010
    I too, have never had poutine
    Hey, is there anywhere where I can get affordable poutine in NYC?

Hell, even good chips and gravy. I tried this supposedly-Irish pub yesterday, and it was just shitty hipsters wearing green.

Update with light hilarity: "...poutine? Well, it sort of tastes like Thanksgiving and the Fourth of July decided to throw a joint party in your mouth. Which is convenient, because poutine goes really well with beer."

UPDATE AGAIN: Oh my god, this place sounds delicious. It's a Jewish-Canadian deli in Cobble Hill, and they serve LATKES AND LOX: http://www.mileendbrooklyn.com/ Oh, and supposedly they have the best poutine in NYC.
    Post edited by YoshoKatana on
  • edited October 2010
    "...poutine? Well, it sort of tastes like a hot blonde stripper and Evel Kneivel decided to throw the best party ever in your mouth with live music by the Pixies if the Pixies were French Canadian.
    Post edited by Jason on
  • edited October 2010
    Now I just need to find a decent plate of chips and gravy, or a yorkshire pudding. I always have Albionic food cravings when it starts getting colder.
    Post edited by YoshoKatana on
  • edited October 2010
    http://www.mileendbrooklyn.com/ Oh, and supposedly they have the best poutine in NYC.
    Is that Dave Riley's smoked meat place?
    I always have Albionic food cravings when it starts getting colder.
    Yeah. I'm going to make some Beef Wellington soon.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • Fuck, I'm hungry.
  • Amanda Knox is almost certainly innocent.
  • "I don't trust anything that bleeds for a week and doesn't die."
    edited October 2010
    ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...
    Post edited by ... on
  • Ha HAH! They even serve bubble and squeak.
  • Ha HAH!They even serve bubble and squeak.
    That website is absolutely hideous!
  • edited October 2010
    I was going to make my own dinner tonight and be healthy, but no. I am going to go get a torta al pastor and a tall glass of horchata.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • I think I'll have sushi tonight. To the revolving sushi bar!
  • edited October 2010
    I was going to make my own dinner tonight and be healthy, but no. I am going to go get a tortaal pastorand a tall glass of horchata.
    I'm not generally a connoisseur of what is typically called Mediterranean food, but I totally had some lamb shawarma for lunch today. It was delicious.

EDIT: Also, it is highly amusing how long it takes a man in his 50's and a man in his 60's to build a computer from scratch. It's not that they don't know what they're doing, they've been doing this kind of stuff longer than most of us have been alive, they're just old and overly meticulous.
    Post edited by theknoxinator on
  • I think I'll have sushi tonight. To the revolving sushi bar!
    The only place I know with that puts roe on EVERYTHING! I hate roe.
  • I got an iPod touch today through my school!Yay!
    Stanza is a pretty snazy app, and I enjoy it!Yay!
    I can't get around the school's block on adding apps, and my teacher wants me to do it.Not yay...
    If you wanna know how to do it without your teachers/bosses knowing, here ya go:
    1) Hook up your iPod Touch to your computer of choice that will register it as an iPod.
    2) In iTunes, sync your Apps, especially if there are some installed already. Make a list of them, just in case. For instance, I had Stanza with The Metamorphosis, King Lear, and Frankenstein, so I made a note of that.
    3) It'll backup your iPod Touch, which is just for safety. I wouldn't skip this step.
    4) Restore your iPod Touch.
    5) When everything is back to the out-of-the-package settings, try to load your last backup into it.
    6) If the above fails near the end, it may make specific programs not run. That's fine, just reinstall. For instance, when I tried this, Stanza didn't work at first, but other programs did. So i reinstalled it and added the books I noted.

And you're done! It should still have it's name that they gave it, and now you can set it to your iTunes account instead of the school's/company's account. Download away!
  • The lobby in my hall is playing like every Gorillaz song on the radio. WIN
  • Eat some now... save some for later...
  • The only place I know with that puts roe on EVERYTHING! I hate roe.
    I don't mind roe so much, but I normally just get the cucumber salad, shrimp shumai, and salmon sashimi. Oh man, the salmon sashimi was so good.

We also finished the night off with a trip to Menchies.
  • Menchies? Is it dessert?

I'm a unagi addict along with salmon and tuna. Shrimp is awesome too and if the restuarant also makes hot food gyoza is on the order.
  • Menchies? Is it dessert?
    Menchies. It's a frozen yogurt bar to where you create your own dessert and add all the toppings you want. They charge by the ounce. I had sugar free devil's food cake frozen yogurt with kiwi, yogurt chips, strawberries, mango, and mochi in a waffle cone bowl. I only ate half of it. The rest I'll have later today.
  • Religion would be awesome if we could cut out all the religious bits and leave nothing but gospel music.
  • Lol. That's an...Interesting opinion that I haven't really ever heard before.