This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

[Private] *: Psst... Over here.

edited October 2010 in Everything Else
Sooo... what are you up to? Personal Projects? Cool work-related projects? Trips you've got coming up? It's okay, you can tell me. It's a private thread, after all.

Comments

• LOL. Right now I'm playing Lego Harry Potter. But I'm knitting for myself at the moment. I recently updated my blog about it.

As for trips, I'm going to Hawaii in the beginning of November with my parents and Jeremy. Going to a cousin's wedding. Should be fun.

So what's up w/ this thread? :P
  • edited October 2010

Nothing much, though. Helping my friend finish off season 2 of Craziest Mecha Moments... Getting my two panels ready for a con...
    Post edited by Neito on
  • You almost made me excited. Jerk.
  • Overthrowing the... wait a minute....
  • D'oh. I fell for it. >___<
  • Well played.
  • Oh fuuuck, this took me like a full three minutes of staring at it trying to figure it out. Well played. I almost replied right away, but then I was trying to figure out how you whisper a thread to multiple people...

But everything's great! Bunnikun was here this weekend and I'm going over to Maryland for Thanksgiving break. I'm working on releasing a 7" with a band I adore called Girls In The Eighties(Stereogum link). I'm finishing up an EP of a bunch of indie/twee pop songs that I wrote for fun. I got called in to coach a sabot practice on Friday, so hopefully I still may be able to hang onto my job, and this is the first week in like a month were I don't have any tests or major school assignments to worry about. So yeah, everything is awesome.
  • ..... Oh....

Well I'm working on a XBLA game... it's gonna be great =D
  • Still plugging away at that gravity simulator.
  • edited October 2010
    I'm getting my apartment back in order after an intense week of exams and shit. I'm working on getting into the honors concentration for U of I's Molecular and Cellular Biology department; afterwards, I'm going to try to get a position as a research assistant to a professor working on building alcohol-tolerant yeasts and getting some sort of flexible medical internship for the summer.

Also, as far as other biology projects go, my bathroom sink seems to have backed up while I was out one day and plugged, and some sort of algae/kelp/sea snot from the drain has begun to colonize it; I think there's soap in the water, so I'm not sure if Drano is safe. So I'm working on that.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • Writing my magnum opus Bleach, Evangelion, Naruto crossover slash-fic. It's going to be so hawt! But in all seriousness I'm catching up on my anime viewing since my midterms are over.
  • edited October 2010
    You almost made me excited. Jerk.
    Overthrowing the... wait a minute....
    D'oh. I fell for it. >___<</p>
    Well played.
    Oh fuuuck, this took me like a full three minutes of staring at it trying to figure it out. Well played. I almost replied right away, but then I was trying to figure out how you whisper a thread to multiple people...
    ..... Oh....
    Hehehe, I knew I'd nab a bunch of people.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • lol, got me. I'm in Switzerland looking at schematics of solid deuterium blocks being immersed in nuclear reactor cores to produce ultra cold neutrons which can then be used to test gravitationally bound quantum earth-neutron systems (among other things). I also like the cheese.
  • I'm in Switzerland looking at schematics of solid deuterium blocks being immersed in nuclear reactor cores to produce ultra cold neutrons which can then be used to test gravitationally bound quantum earth-neutron systems (among other things).
    SCIENCE!!
  • Thinking about starting an autobio webcomic so I can feel my way around comic layouts.
  • Thinking about starting an autobio webcomic so I can feel my way around comic layouts.
    I read this for a second and thought it says audio web-comic. Has that been tried?
    I read this for a second and thought it says audio web-comic. Has that been tried?
    Broken Sea Audio Productions did a audio drama version of an XKCD storyline. Also I know there have been many audio dramas made from classic comics. Apparently Batman works really well, as much of the comics are "narrated" by Batman or Bruce Wayne himself, and the first person narrative just fits.
    edited October 2010
    ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...
    Post edited by ... on
  • 1. Gluten-free beer that doesn't suck.
    2. Gluten-free puff pastry that doesn't suck.
    3. Pissing off the USDA, the FDA, and the entire US beef industry. Maybe.

4. This one is actually kinda cool, but it's off in the future, and only tentative. I may have an opportunity in the next couple of years to travel to Saudi Arabia and teach Saudi scientists how to do food safety microbiology. Like, from the ground up. This is contingent on my director getting the approval to send people; should that happen, I already volunteered myself and he already said he wants to send me.
    edited October 2010
    ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...
    Post edited by ... on
    1. Moving to a cheaper apartment
    2. Coming up with a new budget to pay off my credit card rapidly so I can buy a new car.
  • I also like the cheese.
    What kind of cheese?
  • This one is actually kinda cool, but it's off in the future, and only tentative. I may have an opportunity in the next couple of years to travel to Saudi Arabia and teach Saudi scientists how to do food safety microbiology. Like, from the ground up. This is contingent on my director getting the approval to send people; should that happen, I already volunteered myself and he already said he wants to send me.
    That is pretty awesome, but be careful. I hear that Saudi Arabia is, on the whole, cool, but there are some crazies over there.
  • This one is actually kinda cool, but it's off in the future, and only tentative. I may have an opportunity in the next couple of years to travel to Saudi Arabia and teach Saudi scientists how to do food safety microbiology. Like, from the ground up. This is contingent on my director getting the approval to send people; should that happen, I already volunteered myself and he already said he wants to send me.
    That is pretty awesome, but be careful. I hear that Saudi Arabia is, on the whole, cool, but there are some crazies over there.
    AND NO BOOZE!!! I don't see you lasting a week.
  • That is pretty awesome, but be careful. I hear that Saudi Arabia is, on the whole, cool (if you're a guy), but there are some crazies over there.
    edited October 2010
    Post edited by ... on
  • AND NO BOOZE!!!
    Not at all true. There is a thriving black market for beers and such, but because of that it's mad expensive.
  • edited October 2010
    I just increased my RAMs from 2 to 8! (Gigs, that is)
    Post edited by YoshoKatana on
  • but there are some crazies over there.
    Never said there wasn't.