This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

The latest episode of South Park

edited November 2006 in Everything Else
So, I just watched the latest episode. It was funny and yet it was so wrong. And yet funny.
In my opinion Stanley's team should have won because of walk-over.

Comments

• It doesn't air for another 2 hours here on the west coast! Curses!
  • That episode was hilarious. Definitely a great and far over due making fun of underdog sports movies.
  • I loved this episode. It was one of the funniest, WTF, OMG, episode there has been in a while.
  • There's a new epsiode out.
  • One of the most accurate depictions of Nascar.
  • It was good.
  • Dunno. I didn't really like the episode. It looked to me like too much of a rehash of their Wrestling episode, only less funny. I think Cartman's racist bigotry only really works when he has an adversary. It is actually kinda like a good Manzai duo. Kyle is really the only character fitting the straight man in that scenario. They tried using Kenny in this case, but it didn't really work out. Mostly because there wasn't a real confrontation between the two until the end, and Kenny's speech being muffled didn't help either.

Really, the best part of this episode was the use of La Grange by ZZ Top :)

I do look forward to next weeks episode though.
  • One of the most accurate depictions of Nascar.
    Very true. I could really see the idea with this episode, but I agree with chaos where it didn't have full out laughs. The whole thing with Vagisil only really worked as a plot device, imo. Still fun though.
  • The Jersey Shore episode was easily one of the best things I have seen on TV since the Facebook/Tron episode. I was not expecting it to turn into Feast in the slightest.
  • Gotta wait a few more hours. But I'm sure it'll be a good one.
  • Oh snaps. I'll have to catch the post-Colbert rerun.
  • BRILLIANT.
  • BRILLIANT.
  • This episode was such classic South Park. Just the right balance of satire, reference humor, and offensiveness.
  • I didn't like this episode that much because I don't watch Jersey Shore.
  • Muffcabbage
  • edited October 2010
    I didn't like this episode that much because I don't watch Jersey Shore.
    Don't. Ever. It's like a train wreck, you just can't look away.
    Post edited by Ruffas on
    I'm pretty sure people that like this episode, and people that watch Jersey Shore are two separate groups.
  • I like this episode a lot! Part of it is true here in DC when recently a shit ton of jersey folks moved down here. I hate when they shop in my store. They act like douchebags to me.
    I don't watch it either, but I have some crazy hatred for it, so I loved this episode.
  • I don't understand this strange hate of "The Jersey Shore." I haven't seen the show, but I assume it's about caricatures of guidos in Jersey. Why on earth do you care? It's not any more dumb than, say, the midget and ghost shows on Animal Planet.

Guidos are becoming the new Hipsters as the target of general societal rage.
  • edited October 2010
    I don't understand this strange hate of "The Jersey Shore." I haven't seen the show, but I assume it's about caricatures of guidos in Jersey. Why on earth do you care? It's not any more dumb than, say, the midget and ghost shows on Animal Planet.

Guidos are becoming the new Hipsters as the target of general societal rage.
    I think its the same hate people feel for reality TV. Why does this "Stupid Show" become famous but "the show I have a torch for" gets canceled.

And this reminds people how base the general population is in their tastes for entertainment.

Personally I don't care. I find some of the memes coming from the show to be sorta humorous. (added bonus to see references to it all over the Jersey shore)
    Post edited by Cremlian on
  • This one was actually really funny and it had the dynamic between Cartman and an adversary down right, unlike the last one.
  • Why on earth do you care? It's not any more dumb than, say, the midget and ghost shows on Animal Planet.
    The midget and ghost shows are not everywhere, unlike Jersey Shore. Jersey Shore has kind of become like Twilight in that it became so popular that it has become very hard to ignore (especially if you're on a college campus).
  • Jersey Shore has kind of become like Twilight in that it became so popular that it has become very hard to ignore
    I didn't even know it was a show until relatively recently.
  • I didn't even know it was a show until relatively recently.
    I had heard about it earlier in the year, but I have successfully never watched an episode of it. It's a lot more prevalent on college campuses.
  • I didn't even know it was a show until relatively recently.
    What?!?! Doesn't your Ivory Tower have cable? I know castles don't have telephones, but what the hell man?

For realz, the show has only been on for two season. That's not that long. But at no point in either of those two seasons did any of the cast actually gone to the fucking beach.

I'm sure MTV is planning a hipster reality show for next year.
  • Doesn't your Ivory Tower have cable? I know castles don't have telephones, but what the hell man?
    I haven't had cable in literally over a decade.

Even when I did, I watched few actual shows.
  • I actually found the episode a bit boring. I don't watch Jersey Shore, but that's because I choose not to. I'm well aware of the inane antics. That's probably why I was bored by this episode of SP. I just didn't find it at all intriguing; everything they did was kind of obvious. I like the SP episodes that have at least a little bit of punch to their message. "Jersey Shore is a terrible show" is kind of obvious already, and they didn't do anything clever with it.
  • "Jersey Shore is a terrible show" is kind of obvious already, and they didn't do anything clever with it.
    I disagree. They called in Al Qaeda!