This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Your top 25 Most Played songs

13»

Comments

• I went with top 50 instead, but #50 got cropped. It's "Tsugiri No Mai" from Samurai Champloo by Force of Nature, Nujabes, & Fat Jon.

• 1. Polynomial-C - Aphex Twin
    2. I Wish - Infected Mushroom
    3. Strict Machine - Goldfrapp
    4. The Box - Orbital
    5. Beetles - Aphex Twin
    6. Transient - Orbital
    7. The Trio (Main Title) - Ennio Morricone
    8. Easy Serv - Orbital
    9. The Box (Slow) - Orbital
    10. I Wish You Could Talk - Squarepusher
    11. Converting Vegetarians - Infected Mushroom
    12. My Weakness - Moby
    13. Shakawkaw - Infected Mushroom
    14. Girl/Boy Song - Aphex Twin
    15. The Great Below - Nine Inch Nails
    16. Children Playing with Lego - Ochre
    17. Lachryma - Ochre
    18. Senki Dala [Nobody's Song] - Venetian Snares
    19. REM Sleep Research - Ochre
    20. Scorpion Frog - Infected Mushroom
    21. Milkman - Aphex Twin
    22. Beethoven Moonlight Sonata
    23. Summer Overture - Clint Mansell
    24. Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger - Daft Punk
    25. Semblance - Ochre
  • I went with top 50 instead, but #50 got cropped. It's "Tsugiri No Mai" from Samurai Champloo by Force of Nature, Nujabes, & Fat Jon.
    It all makes sense except... Paramore? Twilight Soundtrack?
  • It all makes sense except... Paramore? Twilight Soundtrack?
    It's a good song! I was into Twilight for a second. There soundtracks are decent. They have Metric on their Eclipse soundtrack.
  • edited October 2010
    It all makes sense except... Paramore? Twilight Soundtrack?
    It's a good song! I was into Twilight for a second. There soundtracks are decent. They have Metric on their Eclipse soundtrack.
    Muse and Mute Maths are also on there :(

EDIT: Here are mine for the last week.
    Post edited by ElJoe0 on
  • Back in May I wrote a post about listening to my entire iTunes music library in order. It was a followup to a post from last year about doing the same thing.

The first time I listened to all the tracks sorted by track name.

The second time I listened sorted by track length.

In October I listened to all the tracks by play number. I started with tracks I've only listened to two or three times, and ended with tracks I've listened to over a hundred times. This is since February 2008.

My most listened-to track is actually the shortest track, so was the first one I listened to when I sorted by track length. It's a 5 second piece of almost silence which I use to separate tracks on my show music playlists and CDs for performing. Number of listens? 902.

The most listened-to piece of music which isn't something I use in my show, and I play repeatedly when practicing, is By My Side by Kasabian, from the album Empire. This is one of my favorite "writing" albums, and listen to it on repeat when plugging away on a novel. Play count? 87.

Some other notes:
    - If two tracks from the same album had the same play number, for some reason the later track number was listed first. This lead to me listening to quite a few albums in reverse.
    - The least-listened albums were, of course, those I've only bought or otherwise acquired most recently.
    - Next up came albums that I don't actively listen to. As in, when I flick though my iTunes Library, I never thing "Oh man, I've got to hear this band again!" I normally listen to these if they come up randomly, or when the album I wanted to listen to ends, and these play next.
    - Tracks that aren't part of albums are listened to less, as I don't actively select them either.
    - Earlier tracks in albums have more listens than later tracks. This is due to me starting an album, but not reaching the end.
    - If a track is part of a playlist, it gets more plays, of course.
    - The most listened to albums are quite varied, but each reflects a different mood. I guess whenever I feel like putting on music, I subconsciously return over and over to the same few albums.
    - It doesn't matter if an album is quite new, if I like it, and it fits a mood, it moves up the play count rankings pretty quickly.
    - Shorter albums and EPs get more plays.

I think that's it for this time.

Next time I'm going to listen to my entire iTunes library as sorted by "date added", so chronologically by when I first listened to the track on this or my previous laptop.

A quick glance at that sorting option shows that the very first track is… you guessed it… 5 seconds of almost silence!
  • For some reason, a stream and a podcast snuck into my list, but other than that this is mostly what I've listened to in the last week. Most of them (surprisingly to me) are either OC Remixes or music Trent Reznor is involved in. I guess I'm in a rut.

1. The Space in Between - How to Destroy Angels
    2. Doctor Who (Howell 2010 Mix) - Rat Souflé
    3. The Believers - How to Destroy Angels
    4. On We March - Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross
    5. Fur Lined - How to Destroy Angels
    6. Snow Cherries From France - Tori Amos
    7. Pieces Form the Whole - Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross
    8. Wandering Latinas (Castlevania: Sym…) - Joshua Morse
    9. Paranoid Android - Radiohead
    10. The Space In Between (Jon Constantine's Piano Concerto mix) - How To Destroy Angels
    11. A Drowning - How to Destroy Angels
    12. The Solace of the Daylight (Castlevan…) - Joshua Morse
    13. The Gentle Hum of Anxiety - Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross
    14. BBB - How to Destroy Angels
    15. None Shall Pass - Aesop Rock
    16. Vampire Snap (Castlevania - Vampir…) - Joshua Morse
    17. Radio Reddit (?)
    18. Take Back the Tears - Anthony Lofton & Joshua Morse
    19. Parasite - How to Destroy Angels
    20. Airbag - Radiohead
    21. Nocturne (Castlevania: Symphony of the Night …) - Tim Sheehy
    22. OS X Snow Leopard Install Intro
    23. The Devil In Stitches - Bad Religion
    24. Ross: Ricky Gervais, Anthony Head 3… - Jonathan Ross BBC Radio 2 (?)
    25. Heart of Vlad - Castlevania: Symphony of the Night … Joshua Morse