This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Non-Shit-Talk of Your Day

Comments

• Holy shit, did I just do a satisfying concept character sketch for a future webcomic?

YOU FUCKING KNOW IT, MOTHERFUCKERS.
  • Yesterday did some Scott's Box, which failed to record. Today, podcasting.
  • Pulled the last few clips for Craziest Mecha Moments 2, including learning the basics of VirtualDub to pull some of them out of my DVDs/fansubs.
  • Yesterday I put together my minipov kit. http://www.ladyada.net/make/minipov3/ Like the others, it works on the first try.

I also wired up my arduino to a temperature sensor and a 16x2 character LCD, and made a very expensive digital thermometer.

Today I was going to not shit talk, but I ended up shit-talking. All I did was a lot of preparation for non-shit talking, cleaning, etc. You other people don't seem to get it, but regular old life responsibilities like cleaning or paying bills don't count. It has to be a productive endeavor. You have to make something.

Tomorrow, I'm making cider donuts. First time deep frying in a residential setting. I even got a thermometer for the oils.
  • Made the doughnuts. Also started working on a shit-talk calendar app.
  • edited October 2010
    For making the thermometer cheaper, there are guides for making an stripped down Arduino compatible boards so that you prototype with the Arduino but then swap it out with the cheaper board once you've got the software sorted out.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • Made a blog post. Going to continue working on the shit-talk calendar app.
  • Just to fill in the blanks, I podcasted on Monday and Wednesday. On Friday I did a bunch of coding. Today I baked cookies, probably my best ever. I also finished the coding, which made some improvements to frontrowcrew.com. Most of the improvements are behind the scenes, but you will notice some changes to the automatic tweets. Also, http://frontrowcrew.com/about/subscribe/
  • Wow. With the Legacy feed, you totally cut off at the pass the one thing I was going to ask for.
  • Just to fill in the blanks, I podcasted on Monday and Wednesday. On Friday I did a bunch of coding. Today I baked cookies, probably my best ever. I also finished the coding, which made some improvements to frontrowcrew.com. Most of the improvements are behind the scenes, but you will notice some changes to the automatic tweets. Also,http://frontrowcrew.com/about/subscribe/
    You should have a feed just for all the book club episodes!
  • edited October 2010
    You should have a feed just for all the book club episodes!
    Already exists, just didn't link it.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • You should have a feed just for all the book club episodes!
    Already exists, just didn't link it.
    I'm actually doing some non-shit-talking about that right now.

Also (podcasts aside):

Time synched the multi-hour multi-camera video and audio from Burning Con.
    Tested the new lighting and camera setup for Project ST.
    Did some PAX East work.
  • Finished the right hand for my fingerless gloves. Working on the left hand.
  • Thanks for the Legacy feed! I was the one asking for a feed at the Burning Con party.
  • Thanks for the Legacy feed! I was the one asking for a feed at the Burning Con party.
    I was working on it before you asked.
  • Also, today was totally shit talk day! Played video games. Watched footballs. Didn't even do the laundry I planned. Maybe I'll do the laundry now.
  • The webcomic is coming.
    HALLELUJAH!
    I HAZ A HAPPY :D
  • edited October 2010
    The webcomic is coming.
    HALLELUJAH!

So today I found out that my arduino, with the aid of a motor shield, should be able to control standard hobby speed controllers and servos.
    Once I get a motor shield and some sensors, expect some primitive autonomous RC-Car drifting. I put this here because it isn't shit talk. IT WILL HAPPEN.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • edited October 2010
    Once I get a motor shield and some sensors, expect some primitive autonomous RC-Car drifting. I put this here because it isn't shit talk. IT WILL HAPPEN.
    That's going to be difficult. You're going to need a lot of code to compensate for even small obstacles.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • I was bored today so I took apart my old printer and got the motors.
  • edited October 2010
    The webcomic is coming.
    HALLELUJAH!
    Are you going to place the two originals up on the site as well? Can not wait to see where you take King Hobo.

I have researched information about the Wii Internet channel and found my answer. For those interested if you want something to be in the browser you need to post the suggestion in the correct forum on Opera they send the idea over to Nintendo who either allows it or not. Well when I asked Nintendo they told me to talk to Opera since they had nothing to do with it, so I estimate the amount of red tape in this process is about 2 miles deep.

However I found out that the Wii does support HTML 5, so in order to get around the use of Flash 8 you just need to have a HTML 5 video instead of something flashed based. Also I looked to see if it was the same for the DS browser and to paraphrase what I saw from Opera "Nintendo doesn't care about the DS browser." The 3DS on the other hand is currently taking suggestions right now...
    Post edited by Coldguy on
  • edited October 2010
    That's going to be difficult. You're going to need a lot of code to compensate for even small obstacles.
    Oh. Oh no. No no no no no. I didn't mean full on "This is the prototype for robot Formula D", I meant "My car will be able to drift circles and figure eights all on it's own". Emphasis on "Primitive".
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • Are you going to place the two originals up on the site as well?
    What are you referring to?
    The one where King Hobo goes on the train with people recognizing him and the other where he is viewing the buildings in the sky with text coming down.
    The one where King Hobo goes on the train with people recognizing him and the other where he is viewing the buildings in the sky with text coming down.
    Oh yes, those are both panels taken from full pages.
  • I shat spoke again yesterday. I blame football. Today, non-shit talking resumes.
  • I shat spoke again yesterday.
    Damn, sounds painful.