This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

What TV Shows Are You Watching?

Comments

• Futurama is awesome, I can't believe I haven't watched this show up until now. I'm already on the 5th episode!
  • GeoGeo
    edited October 2010
    30 Rock is freaking hilarious. Also, no laugh track.
    Word. Also, Zooey Deschanelis the embodiment of "nerd hot".
    I think she is hotter in terms of nerd-hot.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • edited October 2010
    30 Rock is freaking hilarious. Also, no laugh track.
    Word. Also, Zooey Deschanel is the embodiment of "nerd hot".
    I think she is hotter in terms of hipster-hot.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • Hipster? No no no no no no.
  • 30 Rock is freaking hilarious. Also, no laugh track.
    Word. Also,Zooey Deschanelis the embodiment of "nerd hot".
  • If you must insist that Zooey Deschanel is hipster hot, then Emily Deschanel is nerd hot.
  • If you must insist that Zooey Deschanel is hipster hot, then Emily Deschanel is nerd hot.
    Emily Deschanel is a wooden doll.
    Unless you have a sexual attraction to wooden dolls, I must vehemently and violently disagree with you, sir!
    Boy, you toy with forces beyond your ken.
    Boy, you toy with forces beyond your ken.
    Oh come on, she can't act at all. How she has a starring role in a primetime television show is beyond me. Zooey beats her by a million years in terms of showing emotion.
  • Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes. The new Marvel cartoon, with 20 or so mini episodes that help set up the series, which started with a two-parter. Fun to watch, even more fun if you are familiar with the source material.
  • Oh, I guess I kind of forgot that I started watching Avatar: TLA. Not that I forgot watching it, cause I do an episode or two every night, but it never really registered in my head as a TV show. Anyway, I like it so far, has fun characters. I feel like the plot has more potential and just hasn't gotten there yet.
  • A bit past halfway through the third season of Babylon 5. Shit got REAL! The escalation is crazy.
  • A bit past halfway through the third season of Babylon 5. Shit got REAL! The escalation is crazy.
    Shit, Yea it does!
  • edited October 2010
    Zooey Deschenal is cute. I wouldn't go so far as to call her "hot." Also, she's more indie than hipster.

Nuri has been turning me on to Psych. I was on the fence about it at first, but it's grown on me. It's pretty funny and quirky, and I do like the Sherlock Holmes aspect to the show, though I would probably enjoy it more if I didn't figure out the case in the first 15 minutes 70% of the time.
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • I just finished the newest season of skins and all I can say is holy shit cliffhanger.
  • My dad got the first season of Mad Men for his birthday, so the whole family has been watching an episode together every few days. This show is fucking crazy! It constantly feels like shit has or is about to hit the fan, and yet every encounter is almost painfully muted. All of these characters are dealing with brutal emotions and falling into social and psycological death spirals in almost complete silence. It is both hard to watch and extremely compelling.
  • though I would probably enjoy it more if I didn't figure out the case in the first 15 minutes 70% of the time.
    This is the comfort zone USA shows tend to fall into.
  • I'm currently watching "Big Bang Theory: Season one" and I have to say other then the laugh track is it one of the better sitcoms I have ever watched.
  • I'm currently watching "Big Bang Theory: Season one" and I have to say other then the laugh track is it one of the better sitcoms I have ever watched.
    The laugh track is quite possibly my only qualm with that show. If it was shot like The Office or 30 Rock, either handicam style or traditionally but with some good music and no laugh track, it would be the business through and through.
  • Big Bang isn't actually a laugh track; it's more like live studio laugh slaves (which is just as bad, despite what Chuck Lorre wants you to believe).
  • I finished watching the fifth series of Doctor Who. Shamefully, it's the only series I have watched every episode of so far, but I do plan on fixing that gradually! Still not sure if I like River, but I did think the finale was great. In particular, I was really glad that Rory was brought back, and the timey-wimey way the Doctor freed himself from the Pandorica was pretty brilliant.
    I've also been watching How I Met Your Mother as usual. Not the best sitcom ever, but I like it.
  • Lots of NFL footballs and MLB baseballs this weekend, but next week will be quiet. The NY Giants have a bye, and I'm only going to watch World Series games that have the potential to be the final game. Even then, I'll probably only watch if the SF Giants are going to win it at home. I like the style of their fans with dyed beards and panda hats and such.
  • "In real life zoom and enhance can only get you so far."
  • edited November 2010
    If anyone's curious, here's my rating for the newest sitcoms from best to worst:

1. Raising Hope (I'm surprised too)
    2. Mike and Molly
    3. Outsourced (It did get better)
    4. Running Wilde
    5. $#@! My Dad Says (Shatner makes it tolerable)
    6. Better With You (PLEASE CANCEL THIS)
    Post edited by Nukerjsr on
  • If anyone's curious, here's my rating for the newest sitcoms from best to worst:
    You watch too many sitcoms :-p
  • If anyone's curious, here's my rating for the newest sitcoms from best to worst:
    You watch sitcoms?!
    I jest.
    You watch too many sitcoms :-p
    I usually give a show 6 episodes before quitting...Running Wilde finally hit the 6th episode yesterday. I'm going to stay with my Top 3 and not watch the Bottom 3 in that list.

Comedy really raised the bar last year with Modern Family, Community, and Glee. (I admit Glee isn't great, but I always crack the hell up thanks to Sue or Brittney) So I thought I'd give many of these a chance. Raising Hope really surprises me in how much I like it, because it felt like a total Malcom In The Middle/My Name Is Earl ripoff, but I love it because it's really honest with it's issues. It'd be a phenomenal show, if Cloris Leachman weren't there to just do pointless gross-out/weirdness jokes.
  • and Glee. (I admit Glee isn't great, but I always crack the hell up thanks to Sue or Brittney)
    Glee isn't a sitcom :-p
  • and Glee. (I admit Glee isn't great, but I always crack the hell up thanks to Sue or Brittney)
    Glee isn't a sitcom :-p
    It's more of a dramedy, yes.