This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GeekNights 070418 - DMZ: On the Ground

RymRym
edited April 2007 in Manga/Comics

Tonight on GeekNights, we review the first volume of DMZ with On the Ground. In the news, Raoh gets a grand funeral, and Temple Anime is a winner.

Scott's Thing - More Japanese Pranks
Rym's Thing - Fist of the North Star

Comments

• First :D
  • First :D
    wtfuninstallkthxbai
  • Haha, I've never seen FOTNS before, and now I don't intend to see any more. It reminds me of Elfen Lied. *vomits*
  • You have insulted me in comparing Fist of the North Star to the tasteless atrocity that is Elfen Lied.
  • Seriously, you better start doing some penance, boy.

You're lucky you're ignorant. Otherwise someone would be liable to up and kill a fool.
  • Haha, I've never seen FOTNS before, and now I don't intend to see any more. It reminds me of Elfen Lied. *vomits*
    I am sorry but not even the Getter Rays can save your poor soul from eternal damnation on the pits of anime hell.

Now, the First of the North Star is awesome and can only be appreciate by true man, why you might ask? Well, back when I was little an eight years old kid I was afraid of the heats exploding and the awesomeness of The Fist. Now as an elder guy I have realize how awesome it is.

By the way Scrym haven't you have heard the AWO review of Fist of the North Star? They clearly say that all the formulaic plot and shonen fighting stuff came from this show, it was one of the first and therefore it was not formulaic at the time. To know all the plot I would recommend listening to that very same review of Fist of the North Star from AWO. However, as most people know plot matters very little on a shonen fighting show.

I wonder what does Scrym think about Getter Robo?
    I am sorry but not even the Getter Rays can save your poor soul from eternal damnation on the pits of anime hell.

Now, the First of the North Star is awesome and can only be appreciate by true man, why you might ask? Well, back when I was little an eight years old kid I was afraid of the heats exploding and the awesomeness of The Fist. Now as an elder guy I have realize how awesome it is.

By the way Scrym haven't you have heard the AWO review of Fist of the North Star? They clearly say that all the formulaic plot and shonen fighting stuff came from this show, it was one of the first and therefore it was not formulaic at the time. To know all the plot I would recommend listening to that very same review of Fist of the North Star from AWO. However, as most people know plot matters very little on a shonen fighting show.

I wonder what does Scrym think about Getter Robo?
    Just because you were the first person to use a formula doesn't mean it isn't a formula. We've also never watched Getter Robo.
  • Regardless of how groundbreaking a show may have been, said show can still be lame by modern standards.

I can understand how someone would enjoy Fist of the North Star, and I myself enjoy watching small segments of it for comedic value, but I otherwise find the show tiresome, trite, poorly animated, repetitive, inconsistant, slow, silly, and shallow. Kenshiro isn't a character: he's a pair of fists and a high-pitched scream.

I would never watch entire episodes on my own. I would, however, show key episodes to anime clubs or large crowds for the same reasons I'd show Ichi the Killer: comedy.
  • edited April 2007
    Well, if by any chance you guys watch Getter Robo becareful of the getter rays. However if used in the right way your level of awesomeness increases ten times fold:

Also Giant Robo is cool, so you guys definitely should give it a try.
    Post edited by Erwin on
  • I suggest to someone like you Rym who just likes the fight scenes and likes the story but thinks it drags on too long to go watch the Shin Hokuto no Ken OVA. It condenses all the plot into a much shorter series and the head explosions look better than ever.