This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Is this good or bad?

edited March 2007 in Politics
Ok, so what do you guys think about this?

Comments

• I'm confused by this story. It says that the measure was supposed to limit President Bush's power to go to war with Iran. However, where does this power come from? The Constitution grants the power to declare war to Congress, not Bush, and they fund the army. So how can he attack anyway, even without this resolution?

In other words, I don't think this will matter that much.
  • If he did go to war with Iran, would you consider it more justifiable than Iraq? At least this time they have a true nutjob (not saying Saddam was not evil) that defies the U.N on the issue of uranium enrichment, and declares that Israel should be wiped off the face of the map.

However I think it would be a bad move to start another war before you finish up the other one you started. Our Military is exceptional, but we can only do so much while being stretched so thin.
  • Shit, we need to stop with the fucking nation building...
  • Shit, we need to stop with the fucking nation building...
    Agreed. The US is acting like a judge to what is right and wrong in the world, and as much as we think it's wrong to have a communist government, it's not our place to change that country. I believe we should begin to look at and fix problems inside the US before we start to invade and "fix" other countries.

Personally, I believe Iraq has been worse off since we invaded... It sounds mean but, why don't we leave everyone else alone and worry about our own problems? Unless the situation is dire (like WWII), we don't need to invade every dictators country we see...
  • Worse off in some ways, better in others.

Yeah, we should take care of our own problems first (Isolationism) but if we did that and ignored the rest of the world we would lose out in the long run.

Just think, if all of those enviro-nuts would let us drill off the coast of America we wouldn't need all of the Arabian oil and the Middle East would not be such a problem for us. The Middle East is only important because of the oil. If all of the oil ran out tomorrow no one would care much anymore about the Middle East.
  • How soon until GWB decides to invade here?
  • Worse off in some ways, better in others.

Yeah, we should take care of our own problems first (Isolationism) but if we did that and ignored the rest of the world we would lose out in the long run.

Just think, if all of those enviro-nuts would let us drill off the coast of America we wouldn't need all of the Arabian oil and the Middle East would not be such a problem for us. The Middle East is only important because of the oil. If all of the oil ran out tomorrow no one would care much anymore about the Middle East.
    We also wouldn't need all that foreign oil if we had required mpg's in the 40's.
  • How soon until GWB decides to invadehere?
    GWB isn't smart enough to actually go into space... ^.^
  • How soon until GWB decides to invadehere?
    Hopefully soon.