This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Korean War, part 2?

Comments

• This will not end well for North Korea.
  • edited November 2010
    Shit.
    Fuck.
    It won't end well for anyone.
    EDIT: Well, I guess technically there's always someone that stands to profit from this kind of thing...
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • [Team America jokes]
  • I got to hear about this from 4chan first. /v/ no less.
  • I predict many explosions and corpses. Like a Schwarzenegger movie, but with a billion percent less one-liners and therefore a bad thing.
  • edited November 2010
    Very good news, relatively speaking: China is "concerned about the issue" and is the involved nations to take actions promoting peace and stability.

China has more to lose by starting shit with the US than it has to gain by defending the DPRK. Provided the Koreas' allies avoid jumping the gun, it'll be okay.

Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • edited November 2010
    China has more to lose by starting shit with the US than it has to gain by defending the DPRK. Provided the Koreas' allies avoid jumping the gun, it'll be okay.
    But, could it be possible that China could use this to attempt to prove itself an equal to the US by trying to beat them back? Could this turn into a proxy war?
    Post edited by progSHELL on
  • Could this turn into a proxy war?
    Doubtful. China already has the US tied up with huge amounts of bonds and all the cheap, plentiful labor we need to keep the glorious American capitalist dream a'chugging.

This is the real world, not Hideo Kojima's wet dream.
  • *Sigh* Here we go again.
  • All I can think is "The fucking Sunshine happiness party bastards might be right, yet".

Also, I am mildly worried - If NK does decide to go "Fuck it, keep driving, I love you thelma WOOOOOOO" against the western world, we ain't exactly that far away down here.
  • All I can think is "The fucking Sunshine happiness party bastards might be right, yet".

Also, I am mildly worried - If NK does decide to go "Fuck it, keep driving, I love you thelma WOOOOOOO" against the western world, we ain't exactly that far away down here.
    Thing is, the US can have a couple of battle groups parked off the coast of anywhere in the world in a few days to a week, so we could easily just fuck the DPRK forces up at or near the DMZ. It's still a rough situation though.

In other news I had avoided listening to that Gee song, and now I know why. Fuck, time for some Machinae Supremacy.
  • Thing is, the US can have a couple of battle groups parked off the coast of anywhere in the world in a few days to a week, so we could easily just fuck the DPRK forces up at or near the DMZ. It's still a rough situation though.
    They could hit us in minutes, and I am well aware of American Military capability - Though I'd rather not be in a situation where Posthumous revenge is necessary. But needless to say, if we get some Tomorrow when the war began shit going on down here, I'm going to be super pissed off.
  • Guys, this sort of thing happens fairly regularly. There are often firefights and the like along the border. NK just fired shells at Yeonpyeong Island, which is primarily military in nature due to its proximity to the border. This is not the first escalation over this island, nevermind the border itself. Most likely, Best Korea is facing some additional internal strife at the moment and is hoping for an aid package by means of this new outburst.

This is hardly anything new or the start of a larger conflict.
  • They also announced earlier this month that they had a functioning uranium enrichment facility, but also added that it was only for civilian energy purposes. Clearly that's true because NK never fed a line of bullshit to the rest of the world. I have a feeling this just another escalation because they are testing just how far they can go before someone blows the ever-loving hell out of them. They're testing the world's tolerance for their bullshit, basically. Should the rest of the world, China included, feel it necessary to take military action then I have a feeling NK would be sorely disappointed in their defensive capabilities.
  • Idea: Give North Korea some food they need so badly on condition they let all the people know it is a gift from the US instead of propaganda-ing it.
  • edited November 2010
    This is hardly anything new or the start of a larger conflict.
    What, Do I have to put everything in green now? It's just fucking about, at least on my part. The only rarity is the Amount of fire being exchanged.

If NK really wanted to start some shit, they would have bombed and shelled Seoul, not some middle of nofuckingwhere island whose only significance is belonging to South Korea.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • NK just fired shells at Yeonpyeong Island,
    You know where you don't want to live.
  • Give North Korea some food they need so badly on condition they let all the people know it is a gift from the US instead of propaganda-ing it.
    How do we let them know? They won't exactly pass out fliers or let US troops in.
  • Give North Korea some food they need so badly on condition they let all the people know it is a gift from the US instead of propaganda-ing it.
    How do we let them know? They won't exactly pass out fliers or let US troops in.
    They'd just as easily shoot down/attack any aid, tell the people the US tried to invade, and then give out food at a rally for Great Leader and say it was from him. And that he grew it and packaged it himself. And that he invented food.
  • RymRym
    edited November 2010
    I've read several reports that there is a growing class of people in Best Korea who, while still trapped and effectively powerless to the regime, are at least aware of what's going on. It only takes a handful of smuggled radios to get the word out.

I predict we will see the fall of the regime in our lifetimes.

Edit: Ahhh, it appears that the attack was "ordered" by Kim's successor. This likely signals that BK will soon have a new "leader," and it was time to give him a "military victory" to burnish his credentials as a "great leader."
    Post edited by Rym on
  • edited November 2010
    Live Picture from the DMZ -

Post edited by Churba on
  • I've read several reports that there is a growing class of people in Best Korea who, while still trapped and effectively powerless to the regime, are at least aware of what's going on. It only takes a handful of smuggled radios to get the word out.

I predict we will see the fall of the regime in our lifetimes.

Edit:Ahhh, it appears that the attack was "ordered" by Kim's successor. This likely signals that BK will soon have a new "leader," and it was time to give him a "military victory" to burnish his credentials as a "great leader."
    BK will also be releasing statements to their grateful citizenry about how the new great leader commanded a single brave artillery regiment aimed and fired all the artillery shells himself. threw all of the shells himself in this great victory. He also made all the shells. And the guns.
  • BK will also be releasing statements to their grateful citizenry about how the new great leadercommanded a single brave artillery regimentaimed and fired all the artillery shells himself.threw all of the shells himself in this great victory. He also made all the shells. And the guns.
    And invented guns. And Black Powder. And Fire. And shaped the firmament from motes of dust floating in the cosmos with his own hands.
  • I'm watching the AP newsfeed and seeing a powder keg ready to blow. The South Korean president is pretty much saying, "Hey, wanna do that again, guyz? Next time, it's war."
  • It's on like viet-cong, huh?
  • it's war."
    Well technically they are still at war...
  • Well technically they are still at war...
    We're talking top hats and monacles war though.
  • We're talking top hats and monacles war though.
    WTF does this even mean?