This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Reccetear

edited November 2010 in Video Games
Here is the ultimate Reccetear strategy: lose on purpose the first week.

You're thinking whaaaa? But get this. First of all, if you lose you get to see the awesome cardboard box ending.

Secondly, if you lose the first week you get sent back to day 2, and your wallet is reset. However, the shelves in the store keep all their items. Just play like normal, but make sure the shelves are stocked with expensive shit at the end of the final day of week 1 when you lose. then you basically get to start week 2 with a huge leap forward. That huge leap will carry forwards exponentially into the future weeks making the game much easier. I ended the 30k week with almost 50k, for example. The major bonus is that it buys you a bunch of extra time so you can go adventuring.

Comments

• Hrm, I'm already on week 4 (200k), I don't have much moolah left (around 2 or 3k), is it worth the time sink to fail now?
  • Hrm, I'm already on week 4 (200k), I don't have much moolah left (around 2 or 3k), is it worth the time sink to fail now?
    I've never failed in any other week except week 1, so I don't know if you will be sent to day 2 or the beginning of week 4.
  • Hmmm...Not quite a game breaker, and definitely in the "CAPITALISM, HO!" spirit. I'll do it.
    I've never failed in any other week except week 1, so I don't know if you will be sent to day 2 or the beginning of week 4.
    You always, always get sent back to Day 2.
  • You always, always get sent back to Day 2.
    But do you still keep the items on the shelves? That would be pretty awesome if you have some insanely expensive end of game shit and it's day two.
  • But do you still keep the items on the shelves?
    Yes.
  • Will try this.
  • Do y'all use anything other than the starting swordsman? For me he is currently the strongest by far, and the only one able to do anything in the current dungeons.
  • Do y'all use anything other than the starting swordsman? For me he is currently the strongest by far, and the only one able to do anything in the current dungeons.
    He was the only adventurer I had until just now when I got the thief girl. I haven't tried her out yet. The weird robot girl with the arms has been visiting me, but I don't have her card yet.
  • I just got the wizards card.
  • How do I beat that Giant Rat?
  • How do I beat that Giant Rat?
    Run away. Attack the red shrooms. If he eats a red shroom, he regains a bunch of HP. Wait for him to eat a purple shroom. When he does, he will fall over. Wail on him until he gets up and then run away again.
  • I feel so bad every time I kill the little bunny looking things.
  • edited November 2010
    I feel so bad every time I kill the little bunny looking things.
    I mostly ignore them since they just run away. All the really good stuff is in the treasure chests. I mostly go for that and avoid as many regular guys as I can, which isn't many since they don't let up.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • I feel so bad every time I kill the little bunny looking things.
    I mostly ignore them since they just run away. All the really good stuff is in the treasure chests. I mostly go for that and avoid as many regular guys as I can, which isn't many since they don't let up.
    The problem with avoiding monsters is that they drop ingredients, which make fusion work, which by and large gets you better items than chests.
    I predict I'll be done with the game by the end of the weekend, I failed at the last week (returned with 270k of goods) and have restarted for a third run. The game at this point for me is mostly figured out, and I'll be surprised if I don't far exceed the final weeks goal this time. On a related note, when you lose don't bring back only expensive stuff, it won't really get bought until you've re-established customer loyalty.
  • On a related note, when you lose don't bring back only expensive stuff, it won't really get bought until you've re-established customer loyalty.
    I've noticed this. I have a lot of trouble selling steel sword or this really expensive treasure I've had in the window for awhile now.

Also, what do the little gems you suck up during adventuring do?
  • edited November 2010
    Also, what do the little gems you suck up during adventuring do?
    I'm 80% sure those are just experience. I've never seen them affect anything else.
    Post edited by Rym on
  • By the way, just to expand, I'm pretty sure this is what you keep and what you lose when you loop (I haven't played in a while; black weekend and all):

Keep:
    All items
    Shopkeeper level
    Adventurer level
    Expansions to the shop, and any other benefits of shopkeeper level
    New flooring, wallpaper, carpets, etc.

Lose:
    All pix (start over with 1,000)
    All adventurer cards
    All unlocked dungeons (?)
    Customer loyalty.

You also get one free adventure with Louise after each loop, in the proving grounds.
  • edited November 2010
    I think you lose some of the item stock at random.

Yes, the stones are just XP.
    Post edited by MrRoboto on