This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GeekNights 070424 - Tikal

RymRym
edited April 2007 in Board Games

Tonight on GeekNights, we review Tikal. In the news, Jack Thompson is finished, and German board games come to the Xbox.

Scott's Thing - I am 8bit 2007
Rym's Thing - Mario's Lost Bytes

Comments

• edited April 2007
    w00t. Jack Thompson made the news.

You really haven't talked about Tikal yet? Guess not.

I remember Stage Debut. I thought it was the coolest thing when they announced it =P
    Post edited by Sail on
  • Is MAWS Saturday or Sunday?
    Last Saturday of every month.
    Damn! I'm working Saturday!!!

You two mentioned your lust for new games. I've got a deal for you.

I will GIVE you one of my stone sets of Quadrovex if you make the ride over the border on Sunday and try the game out. I know I sent you a boardgamegeek link before.

The company putting it out (should be out in June/July) has decided to rename it to "Quartile" and is going with a celtic knot pattern/theme to the box art.

I originally sold these for about $60 (solid marble with a wooden box) but I'm willing to give you guys one in exchange for trying it out. You can talk about it with others if you want but it will not be available for purchase until June/July.

I might even let you guys borrow my copy of Forumla De for a while as well. Heck, check my boardgamegeek profile (HMTKSteve) and I'll let you borrow some of the games I have.

Just let me know.

Damn DS... How could I forget it! My Pokemons need me!!!! Grr.... I had to buy a puzzle book from the corner store to get me through my eight hour day of nothing to do.
  • So remember when I said Pokemon D/P sold 500,000 preorders? Well. In 5 days since launch, it has sold 1,000,000 total. So add another 500,000 retail sales to those pre-orders. Is this the fastest selling game ever? The last game I remember having record-breaking pre-orders was Ocarina of Time. I'm going to do some research on this and get back soon.
  • edited April 2007
    Halo 2 sold 2.4 million copies on it's opening day and made something like $120 million. It was (and, as far as I know, still is) the biggest opening day of any media anywhere ever, beating out previous record holder: Spider Man, who made less on it's opening WEEKEND.

That's a tough act to follow.
    Post edited by Dave on
  • Halo 2 sold 2.4 million copies on it's opening day and made something like $120 million. It was (and, as far as I know, still is) the biggest opening day of any media anywhere ever, beating out previous record holder: Spider Man, who made less on it's opening WEEKEND.

That's a tough act to follow.
    Is that just the US or the world? If these StarCraft 2 rumors are true, the Koreans might have Halo 2 beat.
  • Just in the US. Halo 2 didn't have a simultaneous launch.