This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Anime Club Shows

RymRym
edited December 2010 in Anime
While we haven't finished last night's show yet, we talked a bit about anime clubs. Would you guys be interested in a show on them in some regard? Considering we've only done one in our "long running series?"

Comments

• How many years has it been since you ran a club? will all your advice still be valid in today's modern world? I'm not saying it won't be, however it's poorly best to stick to your own experiences, and related subjects, and preface advice with it might be a little bit out of date by now.
  • How many years has it been since you ran a club? will all your advice still be valid in today's modern world?
    Actually, we've done the "How to Run an Anime Club" panel regularly in the five or so years since we left RIT. The only thing that's changed from our original advice is that high school clubs are now viable (where before they weren't).

RIT Anime was an aberration. Most anywhere else, I wouldn't have bothered with anime clubs. It's the superstar, and if I lived near Rochester I would still be attending to this day.
  • I want to vote for all of those, honestly.
  • RIT Anime Club is pretty good still. I don't go every week, because what they're showing every week isn't good, but it's organized very well, and they draw a crowd very well, I will admit.
  • I'd rather hear about the HOWTO part of it first and once you get that out of the way you could regale us with the tales of your tenure.
  • I say a mix of advice with example of such from your tenure. Also, put me down as voting for all.

The only thing is, can this apply to non-school related clubs. More like city or town clubs vs. school clubs. It just seems that some of the aspects that work for one wont work for another.