This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Project Inle

edited December 2010 in Art!
So I figure I wanted to at least give you guys a wee hint of why I have been so sparse with the arts lately. I'm working on a 2D traditionally animated film, about 3 minutes long, based on an idea I had in senior year of college. The rough animation is pretty much done, and I am about 1/3 to 1/2 done with clean up animation of the 50 so odd shots in the movie. (Backgrounds, when applicable, are in their nascent stages as layout drawings.) I'm hoping to finish it up some time next year. To give you a hint, I will periodically post looping .gifs of shots I have inked, maybe animatics if I am feeling sassy. That way I can show you bits without giving it all away. And in 10 posts, my animation work will be done, and you can see the rough cut!

Shots 1, 10, 13, 20, and 36a.

Looks goofy as Low-Res GIFS!

Comments

• Lookin' good.
  • Do women typically walk toe-heel?
    Not all women. This is a dainty, fairy tip-toe walk.
    Not all women. This is a dainty, fairy tip-toe walk.
    Ah ha. I see. Well, looks awesome either way.
  • I'd say it looks more like a "I'm trying to be quiet" walk.
    I was just about to say that. Coupled with exiting through a push-bar door, it conveys the feeling of "oh man, I'm sneaking out of here with this bunny. Hope nobody notices me." If that was the intent, then well done! Either way I'm very impressed. It's great to see people create things step by step.
    Yes! Hooray, I got my point across in animation! Wheeeee!
    Next batch coming up in a bit!
  • Hmmm, seems like some sort of magical spirit Emily breaks into an animal testing facility to free a bunny.
  • Hmmm, seems like some sort of magical spirit Emily breaks into an animal testing facility to free a bunny.
    *looks at Emily*
  • edited December 2010
    Hmmm, seems like some sort of magical spirit Emily breaks into an animal testing facility to free a bunny.
    Not quite. I'll give you a hint, it is about the rabbit in the moon. Look up the original Buddhist legend about the monk.
    *looks at Emily*
    Don't worry. Your bunnies are not going to be stolen by me. I'm not animal liberation league, and I know science is important.
    Post edited by gomidog on
  • Looks pretty cool, Em. I'm looking forward to more.
  • lol, just by the order of it, it looks like the drug sequence from requiem for a dream "bunny remix".

Are you rotoscoping some of the sequences or are those made the traditional key frame/filler way?

The animation on the door sequence really has a nice feeling of weight behind it, hope you get to finish it soon.
  • Does that rabbit, at any point, walk across the ceiling?
  • edited December 2010
    Are you rotoscoping some of the sequences or are those made the traditional key frame/filler way?
    100 percent traditional Keys-Inbetweens method. No rotoscoping here, folks!
    Does that rabbit, at any point, walk across the ceiling?
    Nope. (I don't get the reference.) The bunny will do some unexpected things, though.
    hope you get to finish it soon.
    Gosh, so do I. Animation: It takes a looooong time. Stay tuned for the next post of five!
  • Not quite. I'll give you a hint, it is about the rabbit in the moon. Look up the original Buddhist legend about the monk.
    I just read up on this story on wikipedia and it's fascinating on how so many different cultures derived their own version of the same story.
  • Not quite. I'll give you a hint, it is about the rabbit in the moon. Look up the original Buddhist legend about the monk.
    I just read up on this story onwikipediaand it's fascinating on how so many different cultures derived their own version of the same story.
    ...constantly pounding the elixir of life for her; but in Japanese and Korean versions it is just pounding the ingredients for rice cake.
    Rice cake = elixir of life.
  • edited December 2010
    Just in time for New Years! Meet Inle, the main character. Most of these are missing backgrounds, so the angles will make more sense once I flesh out the layouts.

Shots 9. 16. 24a. 29. 49. 50.

• Red eyes? Is she a bunny too?

Looking good so far.
  • Is the rabbit black?
  • edited January 2011
    Is the rabbit black?
    No, the bunny is white. All the bunnies are white.
    Red eyes? Is she a bunny too?
    Hmmm, a mystery! You shall see! (^_^)
  • edited January 2011
    Red eyes? Is she a bunny too?
    Hmmm, a mystery! You shall see! (^_^)
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • The Black Rabbit of Inle is fear and everlasting darkness.
  • But also the moon, and also the God of Death. Inle merely comes for rabbits at their time.
  • (: the shining wire, the shining moon.