This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Nutrition, Health, & Fitness

Comments

• BMI be damned!!
    As long as you aren't suffering ill effects, good for you. I'm genetically at risk for everything that obesity makes worse so I'm trying to lose even the small amount of stomach fat I have.
  • Not running for a week = blister.
  • Today I ran 6 miles while raining outside, I felt pretty great afterwards :P
  • Does anyone know cardio exercises that can be done in doors that don't involve a machine? I need to exercise but it is fuck all cold out with a wind chill of WOMAN.
  • Does anyone know cardio exercises that can be done in doors that don't involve a machine? I need to exercise but it is fuck all cold out with a wind chill of WOMAN.
    Jump Rope.
    Jump rope. Jumping jacks. DDR. Aerobics.
  • As lame as it sounds running up and down any stairs you have around is great, gotta be safe of course, but it will get your legs working in addition to the cardio results.
  • Jump rope. Jumping jacks. DDR. Punk Rock Aerobics.
  • As lame as it sounds running up and down any stairs you have around is great, gotta be safe of course, but it will get your legs working in addition to the cardio results.
    This is a good suggestion, but I'd feel so awkward running up and down the stairs with my room mates around.
    Burpees are a good high intensity movement that you can do with relatively little room. If you do them in sets of 15 or so, and do that a couple of times, you should be pretty wiped out without having to go outside.
    I would recommend to get Under Armour compression and their fleece hoodie, sweat pants, extreme cold gear gloves and their ninja mask. I run with those when the temperature is above 35.
    Burpees. Run up and down your stairs, if you have them. when that stops being a challenge, do it backwards.
    Sex in many weird positions. Lots of it.
    P90X.
  • Sex in many weird positions. Lots of it
    That unfortunately needs very very expensive equipment usually ^_^
  • Sex in many weird positions. Lots of it
    That unfortunately needs very very expensive equipment usually ^_^
    Steal playground equipment.
  • That unfortunately needs very very expensive equipment usually ^_^
    You just need to get creative with the equipment you've got.
  • You just need to get creative with the equipment you've got.
    I thought Getting creative with your equipment was part of what weird sex positions implied?
  • You just need to get creative with the equipment you've got.
    I thought Getting creative with your equipment was part of what weird sex positions implied?
    Just remember, if your partner isn't upside down, you're doing is wrong.
  • you're doing is wrong.
    I see what you did there.
  • 1. Go outside in your running gear
    2. Put this song on repeat

3. Pretend you are running from Cobalt Engineers.
    4. Lose 50lbs.
  • More video games need musics like that. I mourn the pump-you-up soundtracks of Doom and Tribes frequently, and will continue to bring it up repeatedly on the Internets until it is remedied.
  • I'm sick of being unfit. I've started going back to Kendo for about two weeks now, been doing cardio on my off days, and I've started lifting weights this week.

Here is my fitocracy so I can get street cred
    https://www.fitocracy.com/profile/WaterIsPoison/
  • I'm 5'10, 246lbs, and I've been that way for the last four years. I can't do this anymore. I joined a gym. I'm going to lose weight. Sweatpants: Bought. Arm holder for phone: Bought.
  • Awesome. Coalition for exercise claims another victory.

Some day we'll get Scott to do a pushup.
  • I have found the best exercise is lifting children. I work at kindys and elementary schools at least twice a week and end up lifting a shit one of kids. Been super good for me, and is really funny watching small Japanese children get bench pressed.
  • We need to get back into the swing of going to the gym. Got annoyed back in January by all the people and stopped going.
  • I've been playing DDR every day and pretending it's exercise. Does that count?
  • I'm down ~20lbs so far this year. Don't need a gym

• I've been playing DDR every day and pretending it's exercise. Does that count?

How many feet?