This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GeekNights 20101215 - Apocalypse Zero

edited December 2010 in GeekNights

Tonight, having accidentally witnessed the fullness of Apocalypse Zero, we... review it? But first, we briefly geekbite Professor Layton and the Eternal Diva. In the news, Japan decided they don't need free speech with the Youth Ordinance Bill. (Remember to donate to the Comic Book Legal Defense Fund).

Download MP3

Comments

• I need to find anime that fits into the sentence "Man, if you thought Apocalypse Zero was messed up, wait until you see _______ ." just to see the looks on people's faces.
  • Why on Earth would you tell the world about this abortion?
  • Why on Earth would you tell the world about this abortion?
    It's most... memorable.
  • That Mario trailer is awesome.
  • That Mario trailer is awesome.
  • The only reason we put on Apocalypse Zero is because both Scotts both recommended we watch it.
  • edited December 2010
    The only reason we put on Apocalypse Zero is because both Scotts both recommended we watch it.
    I was recommending it sarcastically.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • I was recommending it sarcastically.
    Thus the inherent danger of sarcasm.
  • Yea, the funny part about my anime collection (both legit and fansub) is I try and get the weird stuff and I usually never get around to watching it. I've tried to watch Apocalypse Zero more then 3 times but have always failed to get through even the first ep... and these clowns come over and watch the whole thing :-p
  • And you and I went on a booze run and missed. Darn. :P
  • I am so fascinated just by your descriptions of that anime. I have to see this train wreck.
  • I have to see this train wreck.
    We warned you. That's all I'm saying.
  • Your sarcasm worked to my benefit, Scojew. This was an amazing and memorable experience.

Scojo, this is one of those shows you have to watch in a group setting or in my case making your significant other watch with you while holding them down.
  • I am so fascinated just by your descriptions of that anime. I have to see this train wreck.
    No, you really don't.

But good luck to you.
  • The grotesque nature of the violence in this show did actually kinda bother me.
  • But first, we briefly geekbite Professor Layton and the Eternal Diva.
    I finally got around to watching this movie over the weekend. I completely forgot what Rym said in his geekbite about it, but just relistened.

I am pretty much on 100% full agreement. The movie was good, but not great. The animation was really good but the movie kept reminding me of Castle of Cogliostro. I really loved the puzzle/game integration in the movie. It would have been nice to know more about the characters especially the villain. Perhaps we may see him again in the next Layton movie?

Also, yes, the Layton eyes during the scene where they were lowering the rowboats to the water and he looks at the little girl was beyond creepy.

Overall, the movie is worth watching.
  • Anime Abandon: Apocalypse Zero

One of he best old school anime reviews tackles the beast.