This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

It's handegg season

Comments

• I guess I misinterpreted that tweet then. Then again, I don't really get how there is a rivalry between the Jets and Giants, or Mets and Yankees for that matter, considering those teams are in different conferences/leagues. I do understand hating on teams in the same division, especially when they are neighboring. That hate usually can also be considered mutual. Of course, there are the teams that deserve hate from everybody at all times, such as the Cowboys or the Yankees.
  • All I can say is: lol Giants.
  • All I can say is: lol Giants.
    It's been lol all season, where you been?
  • edited December 2010
    All I can say is: lol Giants.
    It's been lol all season, where you been?
    It has, but this game is just absolutely hilariously horrendous. Manning just threw a 4th interception the minute you posted this. It also doesn't help that the Giants are basically pissing away their playoff chances.
    Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • It has, but this game is just absolutely hilariously horrendous. Manning just threw a 4th interception the minute you posted this.
    I saw. For some reason the NY Football Giants really hate footballs, even though they are a football team. They're always like, "get this fucking football away from me!"
  • o the fuck out of Philly
    MUST NOT DEFEND TEAMS I CARE NOTHING ABOUT FROM MY HOME CITY... I don't even care about football but I feel the need out of some perverse local loyalty.
  • MUST NOT DEFEND TEAMS I CARE NOTHING ABOUT FROM MY HOME CITY... I don't even care about football but I feel the need out of some perverse local loyalty.
    Just move.
  • As a Packers fan, I approve of the New York Football Giants approach to the game of Football. Lose to the Packers.
  • As an Australian, I approve of a game of Rugby where you're man enough not to cover yourself in mattresses and don't dance like a fairy on the goal line.
  • Hence... Come on Lions!
    Why oh why not the Wolverines? They're always good, right? *snicker*
    Hey, Fuck you, the Wolverines are awesome...

5 years ago :(
  • As an Australian, I approve of a game of Rugby where you're man enough not to cover yourself in mattresses and don't dance like a fairy on the goal line.
    As a Brit, I approve of this statement (even though I like American Football and secretly know that there is a reason why rugby players don't need padding and American footballers do)
    Unless you are talking about union, in which case I retract my approval.
  • (even though I like American Football and secretly know that there is a reason why rugby players don't need padding and American footballers do)
    I know it too, but I'll quietly set it aside for the purpose of taking the piss out of Americans.
    Unless you are talking about union, in which case I retract my approval.
    Nope, League. Fuckin' union is nearly as bad as the bloody Americans with their mattresses.

I really like Hurling, too(Not curling, fuck's sake, Irish hurling), but it's a bit obscure over here, and in the states, which is unfortunate, since it's excellent.
  • Bowl Week is really rocking this year.

Currently: Holy Shit, there is drama between N. Carolina and Tennessee! 1 second spiking for a 39 yard field goal to equal the game. Now overtime!
  • Bowl Week is really rocking this year.

Currently: Holy Shit, there is drama between N. Carolina and Tennessee! 1 second spiking for a 39 yard field goal to equal the game. Now overtime!
    It's not a real bowl game if it's not on New Year's day.
  • Whatever. It was one of the most exciting college football games I've watched.
  • Seahawks don't deserve to be in the playoffs!
  • Seahawks don't deserve to be in the playoffs!
    I know, right? :P I'm just laughing at all the haters. I didn't expect them to win, but didn't change the fact that I wouldn't cheer for them.

Also, gotta love #12 with all those false starts.
  • Congrats on your Seattle win, Ro! That really was a great football game. Now to watch the Jets lose.
  • Congrats on your Seattle win, Ro! That really was a great football game. Now to watch the Jets lose.
    J E T S S U C K
  • Not even Jets fans like the Jets.
    J E T S S U C K
    Ugh, that is undeniable, but looks like I'll have to root for them next week. Just cannot root for Tom Brady.
  • Ugh, that is undeniable, but looks like I'll have to root for them next week. Just cannot root for Tom Brady.
    I can, very very easily.
  • BEAST MODE!!!
  • Go Jets! Nice end game.
  • edited January 2011
    BEAST MODE!!!
    Yeah, that shit was insane and what the Hawks needed to get the momentum back. Jeremy and I got up from our chairs yelling and screaming. You know it was even more awesome seeing that Hasselbeck was running to protect Marshawn Lynch.

My hat goes off to Hasselbeck too. I had doubts with him starting and preferred Whitehurst over him, but he was clutch.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • Ravens beat the Chiefs and are going to duke it out against the Shittsburg Squealers next week. Hopefully we'll win, I fucking hate the Steelers.
  • Man, they should teach their players to tackle properly, You can't run without your legs! Man and Ball! (although you don't really need to worry about the offload in American football I suppose.)
    Still awesome run and great to see Settle win against the odds.
  • Aside from this past year where their QB turned into a rapist, the Steelers have been one of the easiest franchises to root for over the past several decades.
  • Aside from this past year where their QB turned into a rapist alleged rapist not charged with anything
    Oops, people forget that part.
  • I fucking hate the Steelers.
    Many people do. We don't talk about the Steelers in this state. :P

Also courtesy of Andrew who posted this on my FB wall.

The Marshawn Lynch touchdown, as I saw it.