This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Return of Yotsuba&!

edited May 2007 in Manga/Comics
After waiting for fuck ever, us English speakers are finally going to get our Yotsuba&! Volume 4 is solicited for release in July from ADV Manga. Got damn!

Comments

• edited May 2007
    us English speakers
    we English speakers
    Post edited by Jason on
  • w00t!

It feels like I've been waiting forever for volume 4.
  • I don't recall why there was a delay. Can anyone tell me?
  • I don't recall why there was a delay. Can anyone tell me?
    ADV Manga screwed up big time, but they wont' talk about it.
  • I picked up volume one last month and I will eventually be picking up the rest.
  • I can't wait too see what the author Kiyohiko Azuma will write next.
  • Fear pants man. "Which is the top and which is the bottom?"
  • edited May 2007
    Yotsuba love! My pop will be very pleased.
    Now you guys get to read the bicycle episode!...eventually.
    Post edited by gomidog on
  • Yay! We finally get volume four!

Too bad they'll probably take another year to release volume 5.

Ah well, that's what scanlations are for.
  • I just got bought volume two roughly one hour ago. I haven't read volume one, but this manga is hilarious! I loved Yotsuba & Revenge!
  • I finally found volumes 1-3 and have 4-5 ordered through Borders. However, apparently volume 6 is out of print due to ADV having financial issues. (From what I read on the comments on Amazon.) This makes me a sad panda. I will try to look for it at Kinokuniya, however my best bet is probably at conventions, but there are no conventions coming up in my area.

This is an awesome manga. Yotsuba has the cuteness of Chiyo, the impulsivness of Tomo, and the absentmindedness of Osaka. I can't help but hear the Azumanga Diaoh OST in my head as I read the manga. I hope they turn this into an anime.
  • ZOMG! Someone get me a paper bag to breathe in! ^_^
  • I just got bought volume two roughly one hour ago. I haven't read volume one, but this manga is hilarious! I lovedYotsuba & Revenge!
    An Avatar I made some time ago.

Too bad this was out of production so long for you guys. Thank god that the germany's division of Tokyopop is keeping it up, although they haven't scheduled volume 6 yet. I hope it is coming December since they already released the schedule up to November.
  • What? They're only upt to the bicycle episode (the one where she's learning in the park?). Theres been almost another two volumes out on scanslations. Weird..
  • edited August 2008
    The real question is this:

WHY ISN'T THIS AN ANIME!?
    Post edited by Viga on
  • Because Yotsuba fits manga so well. It isn't heavy on action or detail and everything is taken at a very laid back pace.
  • Because Yotsuba fits manga so well. It isn't heavy on action or detail and everything is taken at a very laid back pace.
    It worked for Azumanga, I thought.
  • I got the impression Azumanga was more of a wacky sketch comedy.
  • I got the impression Azumanga was more of a wacky sketch comedy.
    No, just small silly interactions of a group of little gils.
    It worked for Azumanga, I thought.
    I was thinking the same thing, however I have yet to purchase or read the Azumanga Diaoh manga. That will soon be corrected.
  • It worked for Azumanga, I thought.
    Azumanga Diaoh was a four-panel comic strip. Yotsuba is more or less formated like Azumanga TV already so I don't think it would benefit as much by becoming an anime.
  • It worked for Azumanga, I thought.
    Azumanga Diaoh was a four-panel comic strip. Yotsuba is more or less formated like Azumanga TV already so I don't think it would benefit as much by becoming an anime.
    Except by amplifying the ADORABLNESS!
  • Because Yotsuba fits manga so well. It isn't heavy on action or detail
    Actually I would call the Artwork of Yotsuba&! very detailed for environments. Example

To answer Viga's question: I think Kiyohiko Azuma wants to wait before licensing it out for an anime until there is enough material or he is about to finish the series. AD also only started airing shortly before the manga ended.
  • edited August 2008
    Except by amplifying the ADORABLNESS!
    That would be dangerous.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • That would be dangerous.
    Dangerously awesome.
  • That would be dangerous.
    Dangerously awesome.
    *snort* Here, here!
  • The real question is this:

WHY ISN'T THIS AN ANIME!?
    Because voices and animation would ruin it, much the same way it would've ruined Calvin and Hobbes.
  • What do you mean ruined?
  • That's painful, at least to me.
  • For anyone who hasn't bought the Azumanga Daioh manga, don't buy the four separate volumes. There is an omnibus edition available, so you can get the entire thing in one book.