This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

How do I read Wikileaks?

edited January 2011 in Politics
So, maybe I'm dumb, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to read Wikileaks. After trying my damnedest last night I FINALLY figured out it's not actually a wiki. Still, the front page has like a couple articles. There's the cablegate wiki, and the warlogs wiki. But where the hell is the rest of the stuff that they've leaked? I simply cannot find a website for it, and none of the millions of articles about wikileaks will tell me where it is (nor the wikileaks page itself!)

Comments

• edited January 2011
    Mostly torrents. You're better off just looking up articles from people who've combed through it.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • You don't read Wikileaks, Wikileaks reads you then tells everyone.
  • If you're a US citizen and you read it, you may completely destroy your chances of a government job in the future if you download and access them. Just be warned.
  • so there's no centralized place to find the articles? If they're all on torrents, there's no centralized torrent-listing site for WL?
  • Of course not! Centralization would just open them up to attack even more easily than they already are.
  • Well, not centralized, per se, but a uniform site with like 100x mirrors, like the normal wikileaks. It just doesn't make sense to have no way of being able to find articles. How do I know if I'm missing something? How am I able to fact-check people reporting on wikileaks? How do I know when they release new stuff, or where to find it?
  • Well, notcentralized, per se, but a uniform site with like 100x mirrors, like the normal wikileaks. It just doesn't make sense to have no way of being able to find articles. How do I know if I'm missing something? How am I able to fact-check people reporting on wikileaks? How do I know when they release new stuff, or where to find it?
    There are search engines that plumb the depths of cablegate and the war diaries.
  • Thanks, but I'm not worried about cablegate & the warleaks. I can get to those sites. I'm talking about the rest of the stuff. I realize I'm being kind of obstinate, but srsly, in the whole of the internet there's no FAQ for how to read wikileaks?
  • It's not like it's the library of congress and you can just telnet into it and read it...
  • If you're a US citizen and you read it, you may completely destroy your chances of a government job in the future if you download and access them.
    Only really if you plan on getting a security clearance. Just saying.
  • If you're a US citizen and you read it, you may completely destroy your chances of a government job in the future if you download and access them.
    Only really if you plan on getting a security clearance. Just saying.
    Actually, colleges have been issuing it as a blanket warning for anyone seeking any government job. I'm avoiding it because I'd like to spend some time working in a military hospital and on super-seekrit government medical stuff.