This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Your Favorite and Most Hated Stand-Up Comedians

13»

Comments

• Steve Buscemi looked so freaking uncomfortable.
    I think he was scared out of his mind he was next.
    Yeah. Does anyone know if Boardwalk Empire is worth watching, by the way?
  • Ricky Gervais has managed to invent meta-humor. The funny part isn't the jokes, it's the people not laughing at the jokes.
  • edited January 2011
    Yeah. DeNiro wasn't afraid, though, and that was awesome. He even got up there to accept his achievement award and used the opportunity to, "thank the Hollywood Foreign Press for announcing that I would be receiving this two months ago...Before anyone had a chance to see [disgusted DeNiro drawl] Little Fockers..."

It's sort of like how Nicholson always laughs at everyone else's expense during awards shows, because fuck everyone else, he's Jack Nicholson.
    Steve Buscemi looked so freaking uncomfortable.
    I think he was scared out of his mind he was next.
    Yeah. Does anyone know if Boardwalk Empire is worth watching, by the way?
    AFI rated it one of the top ten TV shows this year, if that means anything. I haven't watched it yet.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • Yeah. Does anyone know if Boardwalk Empire is worth watching, by the way?
    I marathoned it in a day during the break. Fucking awesome.
    Awesome. Steve Buscemi is one of my favorite actors.
  • Awesome. Steve Buscemi is one of my favorite actors.
    Ditto.
    Much to my surprise, it isn't a movie all about a guy spouting exposition in a prison yard, which is the only context I've ever seen Steve Buscemi in. (Also a bowler, but that's almost the same thing.)
  • Awesome. Steve Buscemi is one of my favorite actors.
    Ditto.
    It's funny that you guys mentioned how awesome he is. I found out today that after 9/11, he went back to his old Firehouse and volunteered to help at Ground Zero after it all happened. Totally baller.

As for Ricky Gervais, he was recently interviewed on NPR about hosting the Golden Globes and how nervous he is around famous actors.
  • It's sort of like how Nicholson always laughs at everyone else's expense during awards shows, because fuck everyone else, he's Jack Nicholson.
  • edited January 2011
    Much to my surprise, it isn't a movie all about a guy spouting exposition in a prison yard, which is the only context I've ever seen Steve Buscemi in. (Also a bowler, but that's almost the same thing.)
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • My favorite comedian is Patton Oswalt, I bought his new book and it wasn't what I expected at all but it was all the better for it. Everyone should either get the book or the audiobook.
  • I just got really into stand up comedians. My favorites so far are Mitch Hedberg, Patton Oswalt and David Cross. My absolute favorite is still Andrew Lawrence.
  • Just listened to "A night at the Met" by Robin Williams. In retrospect it might have been a mistake doing so at work. However, the album was funny as fuck.
  • Funny that this thread was necroed when it was. I'm almost done playing "Across the Street" by Doug Stanhope -- my favorite comedy album of all time. The only thing that rivals the hilarity of that album is watching people react to it.