This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Nintendo 3DS

Comments

• edited January 2011
    A mild improvement on some bad news: You will have one friend code for you whole 3DS.
    That's still shit. XBox Live is 8 years old. Steam is 7 years old. There is no excuse for this bullshit.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • I'm still going to get one, despite the price.
    The high price has changed my plans. I'm waiting for the 3DS Lite.
  • I'll wait till the first Advance Wars or similar game comes out for it.
  • I'll wait till the first Advance Wars or similar game comes out for it.
    In 2013 there will be Pokemon 3D orange and purple. Then after that they will come out with the 3DS Lite and Pokemon beige that's the same as orange and purple, but just better. Then you can buy it.
  • I'm not getting another pokemon game. I played one and that was enough. Pokemon is fun as a concept but everything else sucks.
  • Pokemon is fun as a concept but everything else sucks.
    I like everything about Pokemon except the games themselves. I'm done until there's an MMO.
  • Pokemon is fun as a concept but everything else sucks.
    I like everything about Pokemon except the games themselves. I'm done until there's an MMO.
    Pokemon is a playable JRPG like Earthbound. If the combat speed is fast, and such, then I can deal with it.
  • $250, whatever. If it was $200 the cost of one game would make your total be $250.

Are you going to let the cost of one game stop you getting the latest gaming tech?

Here's an idea. Sell a couple of your old games for $50. Done. There is your precious $50.

Are us working professionals really going to moan over $50? Really?

Pre-ordering for sure.
  • Are you going to let the cost of one game stop you getting the latest gaming tech?
    Who cares? I've got more games to play than I've got time for on my two-year-old PC.
  • Are you going to let the cost of one game stop you getting the latest gaming tech?
    Who cares? I've got more games to play than I've got time for on my two-year-old PC.
    I've got a pile of shame too (Wind Waker, I'm looking at YOU) but I'm not sure how that relates to price expectations of a new DS...

But OK =)
    I've got a pile of shame too (Wind Waker, I'm looking at YOU) but I'm not sure how that relates to price expectations of a new DS...

But OK =)
    My point is why spend that kind of money on entertainment when I can spend less money on something just as or even more entertaining?
  • My point is why spend that kind of money on entertainment when I can spend less money on something just as or even more entertaining?
    Well, when you put it like that... Screw the DS, I'm blowing it all on cheap Vodka!
  • Well, when you put it like that... Screw the DS, I'm blowing it all on cheap Vodka!
    That is either a great or terrible choice, only you can decide which it is going to be.
  • Well, when you put it like that... Screw the DS, I'm blowing it all on cheap Vodka!
    If you think that'll be just as worthwhile as a 3DS, more power to ya.
    I can't speak on it being more worthwile then a 3DS, but its less money and more entertaining.
    By that (your) logic you should be chugging with me.
  • edited January 2011
    Well, when you put it like that... Screw the DS, I'm blowing it all on cheap Vodka!
    I can't speak on it being more worthwile then a 3DS, but its less money and more entertaining.
    For $250, you can buy yourself some time with a prostitute in vegas. How's THAT for entertainment?

Actually, I'd take the 3DS. ^_~ It won't be orgasmic, but it'll last a lot longer. (Pun ABSOLUTELY intended)
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
    What are you talking about? I don't value getting drunk over playing games at all. In fact, the two sorts of entertainment are so far apart that getting drunk doesn't even cross my mind when I want to play a game. I'm going to play the games I own/can get for cheap instead of the 3DS because they scratch the exact same itch for less money.

...Actually, with the money I save on gaming I could get drunk and play games at the same time. Let's go with that.
    What are you talking about? I don't value getting drunk over playing games at all. In fact, the two sorts of entertainment are so far apart that getting drunk doesn't even cross my mind when I want to play a game. I'm going to play the games I own/can get for cheap instead of the 3DS because they scratch the exact same itch for less money.

...Actually, with the money I save on gaming I could get drunk and play gamesat the same time. Let's go with that.
    Or get a Prostitue and play games at the same time, lets go with THAT.

Lol, @Sonic gets it...
  • $250 was exactly the price I was expecting, if it cost any more then that it's getting too close to the iPad.

The problem though with the friend code tied to the hardware is if you sell/trade-in/lose/get your 3DS stolen, all your friends have get your new code. It's a rather specific use issue, but tying the code to the hardware instead of the hardware and software doesn't solve the problem of friend codes.
  • In fact, the two sorts of entertainment are so far apart that getting drunk doesn't even cross my mind when I want to play a game.
    Amnesia + vodka.

Scary games while drunk are a blast.
  • In fact, the two sorts of entertainment are so far apart that getting drunk doesn't even cross my mind when I want to play a game.
    Amnesia + vodka.

Scary games while drunk are a blast.
    Wii-fit is pretty funny too. Especially with a few people drinking.
    The high price has changed my plans. I'm waiting for the 3DS Lite.
    Scott, would you consider it an investment if you got a 3DS for the purpose of Geeknights? As in, to facilitate more Tuesday shows?

Latest gaming system (and of course, the games...) would be surely what everyone wants to hear about.

Feel free to point out that you don't own PS3's as a counter argument, but previous posts indicate you certainly have an interest in the 3DS (unlike the PS3), but just object to the price.

Take a hit for the team man. =)
  • Take a hit for the team man. =)
    He's going to suggest that you buy him one. You know it's going to happen.
  • We've got enough Tuesday material.
  • This thing is going to have some novelty value if nothing else. I'm going to look at it at the store and if it wows me, I'll buy it. It could be grainy and meh though. Over the long term, my kids will use it if I don't.

Hey InvaderREN, could you make us a chart on pleasure v. cost? $10 bottle of vodka = 10 pleasure points or something and take it from there?
  • We've got enough Tuesday material.
    Me: OMG, Evangelion 2 is coming out! It's $250 for the box set!
    Scott: I was expecting it to be $200. I'll wait until the re-release comes out.
    Me: Don't you guys do an anime podcast? Wouldn't this be, like, what your listeners want to hear about?
    Scott: Meh.
  • Me: OMG, Evangelion 2 is coming out! It's $250 for the box set!
    Me: Don't you guys do an anime podcast? Wouldn't this be, like, what your listeners want to hear about?
    Not buying it doesn't prevent our opinion from getting through to the listeners. It's quite simple. Not worth $250.
  • Me: OMG, Evangelion 2 is coming out! It's $250 for the box set!
    Not buying it doesn't prevent our opinion from getting through to the listeners. It's quite simple. Not worth $250.
    Ok, fair enough,

But do you realise that the 3DS lite will most likely be $250 as well? You stated just above that $250 was too much for the 3DS, wait for the lite.

So what you are saying is $250 is too much, wait for the newer model at $250 instead? :/
  • It's always best to wait to the a device until you have some reason to own it. I want a 3DS but I'll most likely wait till some must have game comes along. For the original DS I got it when they came out with the new colors and released Advanced wars: Duel Strike. (and utterly ruined that week of awesome) I haven't bought a X-box 360 or PS3 because there is nothing must have for those systems (that I can't play on the computer). (I did buy a Wii on day one)