This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Comments

• If Cartoon Network can do for Thundercats what it did for He-Man, then I'm on board. The 2000s version of MOTU was wonderful and grown up without leaving behind little kid appeal. I mean, it never got anime-dark, but it was much closer to X-Men or Gargoyles than it was to Super Friends.
  • If Cartoon Network can do for Thundercats what it did for He-Man, then I'm on board. The 2000s version of MOTU was wonderful and grown up without leaving behind little kid appeal. I mean, it never got anime-dark, but it was much closer to X-Men or Gargoyles than it was to Super Friends.
    Well, this is the Batman Brave & The Bold guy + Studio 4C, so almost guaranteed win.
  • Alright, so I was dubious when I saw the thread title, but I realized that I've never actually seen an episode of Thundercats before. So I did a search on Youtube and...

...What the fuck? Why is this a good idea? Did I get a bad episode?
  • Did I get a bad episode?
    You should probably watch the first episode first.
  • Why is this a good idea? Did I get a bad episode?
    What's to hate? Hoverboards, elemental whip, lizardman villain, gargoyle-shaped enemy castle....
  • Did I get a bad episode?
    You should probably watch the first episode first.
    And then none of the others.
  • That could be awesome. Please let it be awesome.
  • That could be awesome. Please let it be awesome.
    Interview says Snarf will not speak. Things looking good.
  • Panthro looks pretty cool. Almost Jet-like.
  • OMG its furry Cowboy Bebop!
  • Panthro looks pretty cool. Almost Jet-like.
    OMG its furry Cowboy Bebop!
    You guys thought that too?
  • Furry Cowboy Bebop could be an improvement on recent anime.
  • Furry Cowboy Bebop could be an improvement on recent anime.
    That is true, extremely true!
  • edited February 2011
    Post edited by Delam3 on
  • Wait, where is the spaceship?
  • Everybody's furry for Cheetara.
  • That is gorgeous. I will watch.
  • This might be better than Jackie Chan Adventures.
  • Everybody's furry for Cheetara.
    Cheetara is probably the leading cause of furry-dom in history.
  • I wrote this on another forum, but I figured I'd say it here as well.

While I'm looking forward to a new Thundercats show, and really hope it's good, I hate the character re-design for Lion-O.

They took a heroic male lead character:

And turned him into a generic looking anime-inspired Final Fantasy furry:

One of the things I really liked about Lion-O, in the original show, was that he was a kid (I believe contemporary with Wiley Kat and Wiley Kit) and a stasis pod malfunction led him to emerge as an adult when the Thundercats awoke. He was expected to be a man when he was still very much a kid.

The new character design just doesn't look heroic or like a leader at all.
  • Nose is thinner, chin is thinner, and the character is more slender in general.
    Cheetara got a similar slimming/sleeker treatment.
    Pantrho and that other guy whose name I'm forgetting look similar to the originals, but with some facial tweaking.
    There's also more detail in the costumes by the use of more value changes.
  • Isn't this Lion-O supposed to be younger, though? That would explain him not being quite as big and muscular. That being said, I like the new character designs, they are considerably less... flamboyant.
  • Pantrho and that other guy whose name I'm forgetting
    Everybody forgets Tygra. Probably because he has a girl's name.
  • Pantrho and that other guy whose name I'm forgetting
    Everybody forgets Tygra. Probably because he has a girl's name.
    It was Tigro in Spanish, much more macho.
  • The New Snarf does look cute. I still do not know if I like that he does not talk.

• The New Snarf does look cute. I still do not know if I like that he does not talk.

The fact that he won't talk is a plus on my book, unless all he does is say "Snarf, snaaaaa, snarf!!"
    Awww who's the cutest cat lizard?
  • From the brief trailer, it looks like there will be a lot more time spent on Thundara, as opposed to the original. I wonder what this means in terms of how they introduce Mum-Ra and some of the other classic villains.