This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Live FRC Forum Chat

Comments

• Digsby
    Did you really want to put up with the ads anyway?
    You can turn them off, as it turns out.
  • Digsby
    Did you really want to put up with the ads anyway?
    Isn't your status half the time an ad for Digsby?
  • Isn't your status half the time an ad for Digsby?
    Er, no?
  • Oh mans. Another reason to go on IRC!
  • Oh mans. The only reason to go on IRC!
  • Oh mans. The only reason to go on IRC!
    Hey, the PAX Enforcer room is pretty hopping sometimes, as is the underground RIT room. Also, getting tech support when CMS's and open source projects fuck something up, and you can't find good documentation anywhere.
  • Isn't freenode only for open source? Aren't they going to delete your Geeknights channel?
  • I think freenode is big enough that they don't care about small groups. A lot of companies I know have rooms on freenode that they use for (public-facing) chat.
  • It appears the room has been deleted.
  • It appears the room has been deleted.
    ?? Doesn't seem deleted to me. But then again, I'm not surprised because it's not an open source project so why would Freenode let you be on there?
  • First thing I see is "Register and make money" -> immediate click on close button
  • Oh, never mind. It wouldn't let me connect for some odd reason. Good now.
  • First thing I see is "Register and make money" -> immediate click on close button
    WTF?
  • irc.freenode.net #geeknights

That's what we're using Timo.
  • Also, if you don't feel like bothering with a client, mibbit.com is a pretty good online IRC client that doesn't require any registration.
  • Freenode has a web access point. That's what I'm using now.
    http://webchat.freenode.net/
  • irssi is the only IRC client worth a shit.
  • Finnish coding ftw!
  • Also, if you don't feel like bothering with a client,mibbit.comis a pretty good online IRC client that doesn't require any registration.
    ... And is blocked by FreeNode due to trolls.
    Isn't freenode only for open source? Aren't they going to delete your Geeknights channel?
    Pretty much all of Reddit has channels on FreeNode. If they complain, I'll move, but nobody's said word one to me about anything.
  • Totally related.
  • edited January 2011
    "Luckily, I sp34k l337."
    "That's so hot."

Oh mans, I want to watch that show now. It looks terrible/awesome.
    Post edited by YoshoKatana on
  • Oh mans, I want to watch that show now. It looks terrible/awesome.
    Most of the show is well done. That was the worst clip from the show I've ever seen. :P

• Very related
  • "I'll create a GUI interface using visual basic see if I can track an IP address." Had to type that out so I can remember that one...
  • "I'll create a GUI interface using visual basic see if I can track an IP address."
    *Aneurysm*
  • "I'll create a GUI interface using visual basic see if I can track an IP address."
    *Aneurysm*
    I think they played a game of "throw darts at a dartboard full of techie words and make a sentence out of whatever we hit."
  • edited January 2011
    Oh mans. Motorcycles, floppy disks, "hack the planet." That was such a good movie.

Related: yesterday I was talking to someone (a teenager) who had NEVER USED A VHS TAPE. We're now at the point where people coming of age now will have never used analogue technologies like VHS, casette tapes, Laserdisks, or the like. Question for our younger forumites: do you know what "rewinding a movie" means, and have you ever done it?

EDIT: One of the related videos to VB GUI was this:

When that ended, I nearly yelled "grep!" at the screen.
    Post edited by YoshoKatana on

• We can't forget this gem. Haha I actually remember watching this episode on pbs when I was little.